Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

And another patch goes by with no magma chamber/stats/replays/obersvers etc.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Devil May LOL

12-15-2010

replay mode is pretty high on our priority list.

said tryndamere last year.

Weaver2

12-15-2010

Quote:
xXByakuyaXx:
replay mode is pretty high on our priority list.

said tryndamere last year.

Putting out new champs every 2 weeks is obviously much more important.

Drakeil

12-15-2010

I LOVE getting new champions... but every two weeks? It's getting hard to keep up with either learning how to play them, counter them, or simply buy them. I'm ALL for growth! But this is too much too fast when other things should be focused on.

Oh, I know balancing, designing, creating new champs, skins, graphics, is a different department. But if that's the case... what's the coding department doing? whoever works on features? map-making?

Asaldur

Recruiter

12-15-2010

Nobody wants champions, we already proved that we want a new gameplay here, a HUGE NEW ONE

Drakeil

12-15-2010

Not necessarily "new gameplay" but features that ADD to the gameplay, I'd agree.

Riot has the BASIC concept of the game MASTERED, now they just need to start polishing it, and enhancing it, rather than rebuilding/restructuring it.

Weaver2

12-15-2010

Quote:
Drakeil:
I LOVE getting new champions... but every two weeks? It's getting hard to keep up with either learning how to play them, counter them, or simply buy them. I'm ALL for growth! But this is too much too fast when other things should be focused on.

Oh, I know balancing, designing, creating new champs, skins, graphics, is a different department. But if that's the case... what's the coding department doing? whoever works on features? map-making?

I agree. There are currently 66 champions. However, think about this. If we continue the current one every 2 weeks pattern by this time next year there is going to be 97 champions in the game.

Are all these really going to be balanced and well thought out? There is a reason Riot is having such an issue balancing the game, it's because they're trying to juggle too much at once.

You can't balance a game while constantly adding new heroes, items, and doing patches every 2 weeks. IMO we should slow down for a month or two and really work on balancing what we have now. Thus any new champions introduced would be easier to gague where they land in the larger scheme of things.

This is of course happy flowers hypothetical talk, but surely there is some merit to it.

Anyways, things need to get better, especially starting with replays.

xX D3lirium

12-15-2010

booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo riot

gj competing with catacylsm..nawt

Weaver2

12-15-2010

Quote:
velkor2:
"Champ design is a separate department."

Yeah, so...when are we gonna see what the people in all the other departments have been doing? Since their work has been completely separate from champ design?

The thing is, I don't feel champion design and balancing can be absolutely separate from one another.

If you're designing a new champion you absolutely require a good knowledge of the game, the current meta and all the extra toppings that come with that. Basically, you need to know balance to design a balanced champ. The TESTING team is likely not the champion designers, but the designers could help out if we went into a massive balance mission for awhile.

Some champions simply need to be re-designed to be properly balanced for instance. This would require a design team.

Asaldur

Recruiter

12-15-2010

We are getting closer to December 24 and still no official announcements about magma chamber... Personally just an update giving a single "Magma chamber" will not satisfy me after waiting for like 953935 months for something cool new

j2QJjm9Q07WRRBRT

12-15-2010

I thought tryndamere said when he got back from Europe he was going to make a statement regarding this...?