Tanky DPS metagame...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

elevator13

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arckhitecture View Post
Do you actually think it's THAT easy to kill tanks, when carries are meant to kill the other carries THEN the tanks?

Yes, I've tried that build, but my hero wouldn't survive more than 5 seconds during a teamfight because of focus-firing methods.
Define "focus fire." If it's Malphite/Gragas/Garen killing you, build MR (or armor.) Excluding Malphite, their damage does not scale off survivability, and after they blow their spells they are useless for several seconds. If it's the enemy DPS, your tank isn't doing their job.

DeSheng

11-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeluxe View Post
Tanky metagame only exists in low elo. All mid to high elo games where the people have a brain revolve around the carries, Corki, MF, Ashe, Trist, Kog, and Twitch. Ranged champs deserved every nerf they got, and as Riot eluded to will probably need more (cough nerf IE cough).
Wait, so RIOT is being a hypocrite? I could have sworn way back when they were talking about Eve buffs, they said they also had to consider the effect the changes would have in casual play and low ELO. So now, the nerfs to Ranged carries are justified because it applies nicely to High ELO?

Louise

11-30-2010

i guess i'm in the wrong elo, cause i've never seen a trist mf corki or whatever that could handle olaf xin mundo and morde beating their face in while he/she tries to kill garen in the back.

they all just die.

dogbiter

11-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
I think the unfortunate thing here is that people keep thinking Madred's is the anti-tank item.

Beating tanks means go Last Whisper with heavy physical items like Infinity Edge. Also the biggest thing about beating tanks is actually last hitting as a carry. You must get ahead of their level curve with your item pacing. The simple fact is that tanky champions scale with level while DPS champions scale with items. Because it's fairly difficult to prevent players from leveling, it's on the individual skill of the player to maximize their own gold income.
we're not talking about tanks,

we're talking about brolaf, garen, and to a certain extent, xin zhao

while other melee squishys are considered subpar

Voidgolem

11-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbiter View Post
we're not talking about tanks,

we're talking about brolaf, garen, and to a certain extent, xin zhao
Blind, Proper Positioning, CC.

PROBLEMS SOLVED.

Depraved

11-30-2010

Quote:
I think the unfortunate thing here is that people keep thinking Madred's is the anti-tank item.

Beating tanks means go Last Whisper with heavy physical items like Infinity Edge. Also the biggest thing about beating tanks is actually last hitting as a carry. You must get ahead of their level curve with your item pacing. The simple fact is that tanky champions scale with level while DPS champions scale with items. Because it's fairly difficult to prevent players from leveling, it's on the individual skill of the player to maximize their own gold income.
Isn't that the cookie cutter build everyone has been going. +Dorans ofc.

Athain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeluxe View Post
Tanky metagame only exists in low elo. All mid to high elo games where the people have a brain revolve around the carries, Corki, MF, Ashe, Trist, Kog, and Twitch. Ranged champs deserved every nerf they got, and as Riot eluded to will probably need more (cough nerf IE cough).
The majority of this game's playerbase are low to low-mid Elo. Why should we discount the metagame that occurs at that level of play? There are more of them than any other kind of player.

A Wild Articuno

11-30-2010

Quote:

There's a reason why that Madred's poster is downvoted.

imhuge

11-30-2010

tanky dps with heals are gonna be everywhere

Fulgr1m

11-30-2010

Quote:

Oh Phreak you forget, people aren't intelligent enough to make that realization even if it **** slaps them!