Tanky DPS metagame...

First Riot Post
12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Louise

11-30-2010

but let's nerf ranged even more

oh and those pesky AoE guys that can take 1000 health with their ults. too bad enemy team still has 2000 hp left to bash your face in while your ult is recharging.

A Wild Articuno

11-30-2010

Nerf ranged carries who are the ones supposed to be able to kill the tanks. (You know, Caster > Carries > Tanks > Caster)
Nerf supports who are the ones supposed to keep the carries alive.

What do we have?

Now nobody can kill the tankies, yay!
Malphite, Garen and Co will have a field day killing Janna and MFs left and right!
Tanky DPS meta, back in game! Who needs AOEs?

Razeluxe

11-30-2010

Tanky metagame only exists in low elo. All mid to high elo games where the people have a brain revolve around the carries, Corki, MF, Ashe, Trist, Kog, and Twitch. Ranged champs deserved every nerf they got, and as Riot eluded to will probably need more (cough nerf IE cough).

elevator13

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2010

buy Madred's
buy MR
roll the tanks

Thoroughly

11-30-2010

Ranged DPS nerfs were nowhere near severe enough. Let me know when Ranged can't even lane.

Igxzenieth

11-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by elevator13 View Post
buy Madred's
buy MR
roll the tanks
Do you actually think it's THAT easy to kill tanks, when carries are meant to kill the other carries THEN the tanks?

Yes, I've tried that build, but my hero wouldn't survive more than 5 seconds during a teamfight because of focus-firing methods.

DaGhost

11-30-2010

Dont worry, tanks will be soon, but not until Ranged Dps becomes as bad as melee dps was.

AOE is down, which means Xin Bro Brolaf, Master Bro JaxBro and Trundle will be in higher demand.

Once Ashe gets nerfed it will finally be a new meta.

Voidgolem

11-30-2010

Where are you that Tanky DPS is more than mildly annoying?

Because all I ever see is AoE Rape teams.

Jubez

11-30-2010

tanky dps meta....wait, is it till august?

Phreak

Shoutcaster

11-30-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

I think the unfortunate thing here is that people keep thinking Madred's is the anti-tank item.

Beating tanks means go Last Whisper with heavy physical items like Infinity Edge. Also the biggest thing about beating tanks is actually last hitting as a carry. You must get ahead of their level curve with your item pacing. The simple fact is that tanky champions scale with level while DPS champions scale with items. Because it's fairly difficult to prevent players from leveling, it's on the individual skill of the player to maximize their own gold income.

12345 ... 6