Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Release Notes v1.0.0.106

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Urkgoth

12-05-2010

after i installed the patch my launcher doesn't load, the circles just keep rotating no server status or announcments. the logs, options, minimize and close buttons and the rest of the skin for the launcher is there, but all buttons are unresponsive. iv tryed turning my firewall off, fixing Iexplorer settings, repairing the files and several fresh installs. Still getting the same 1/2 load: Launcher appears, and never loads up or checks version. please help

Militis

12-05-2010

Been away for a week and just had a peek at the changes. I haven't read all the replies yet so I apologise if I am repeating what someone has said.

It seems to me that the changes regarding ranged carries are beating round the bush. It just means that it is now a must to carry ghost and flash on a ranged carry. I think you could make it much easier on yourselves by doing 1 simple thing........
REMOVE EXHAUST..........

The problem is not with the ranged carries but with the melees, they cannot get to the ranged carries through the rest of the team because 1 exhaust alone on top of the inevitable CC is death. The majority of melee carries rely on lifesteal as they are in the centre of the fight trying to deal their damage. I would say keep the movement nerfs but just remove exhaust as it is stupid that there is a summoner spell that completely ruins an entire group of champions.

To those people who say just take cleanse I say this.....In ranked matches you SEE the team you are playing against and if you see them pick a wick/yi/trynd or any of the type you can guarantee that at least 2 exhausts will be taken to not just counter the other team but to guarantee the win.

Marix10

12-05-2010

Are we going to find out soon that Sona is Ezreals sister? I mean they both get abused absurdly, why riot are they Leagues stepchildren or something?

Nouhime

12-05-2010

ok i have to know what it is you people think Sona is doing that is so overpowered? have you ever played her? shes only good like the first half of the game, she cant aim the heal and it isn't that useful late game. she really isn't that hard to kill. the most she can do is flee, like a lot of other champs. honestly i think your all just complaining that she's able to do what shes meant to and support another champion... how dumb a support can support soo OP...

evgod

12-06-2010

"We’d like to keep ranged carries “safer” than melee, while beginning to provide more tradeoffs that both give melee a place in the game and differentiate the roles of melee and ranged characters."

that line really got on my nerves... give melee a place in the game? was there an alternative?

Spiritri

12-06-2010

ever since the patch,
I never see the 'dropping zone circle' when pantheon uses his ult
this kinda s*cks since now you have no way what so ever to know if he is coming

I asked around and there are other summoner's having this problem to

might want to check into this

DeathFromBrazil

12-06-2010

What you've done RIOT?! Now Blitz is the most OP chaser in the game, if he gets 40% cd reduction he can use the mov speed buff every few seconds.. making impossible to run, if you are not a champ with a better mov. speed buff or a teleport(ez or shaco).

DusilB

12-06-2010

i dont agree that ranged charactors are to "safe" for damage output, most ranged charactors are squishy with only slows as CC, many melee charactors have movement jumps and stuns,
list of melee champions:
akali
alistar
amumu
blitzcrank
cho'gath
dr.mundo
eve
gangplank
garen
gragas
jax
kassadin
katerina
kayle
malphite
mordekaiser
nasus
nidalee
nunu
olaf
poppy rammus
shen
singed
sion
taric
tryndamere
udyr
warwick
xin zhao

list of melee with jumps/movement boosters:
akali
amumu
blitzcrank(pull i think counts)
gragas( push i think counts, can push towards you into melee range)
jax
kassadin
katerina
nidalee
poppy
tryndamere
warwick
xinzhao
mundo
gankplank
rammus
shen
singed
malphite
udyr
yi
pantheon(world ult)
shaco

list of melee with stuns:
amumu
cho
alistar
blitzcrank
eve
jax
sion
taric
warwick
xin zhao
poppy
rammus
shen
alistar
pantheon

27/33 have strong stuns or movement boosters
the last 6 are:
garen ( can cancel slow)
kayle( can turn into ranged)
mordekaiser ( ranged spells and regenerating shield)
nasus (slow)
nunu (lots of slows)
olaf ( cancel cc)

ranged charactors have alot of micro and skill shots needed to play properly, they for the most part are also squishy and slower in general, without as many if any movement boosters.
any long ranged stun/slow can spell doom for most ranged char actors and melee have alot of bushes to duck into for hidden suprises.
part of what makes league of legends great is how players compensate for a characters pros and cons with different strategies. the ability to adapt is key.

Mitzki

12-06-2010

Still no evelynn buffs lmaoooooooooooooooooooo

Lebrante

12-06-2010

i dont see any sense on nerfing ranged heros.

all meele heros can deal more damage and have more escape tatics them any ranged