Toggle Auto-Attacking

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ensign

08-06-2009

If there is a way to do this in the current state of the game please let me know how to. I would like to be able to disable auto-attacking anything that comes within your attack range. Such an option would make the early game a lot less tedious; currently I've set up a macro to spam H to keep from attacking, but that's not really optimal.

It looks like there's a check box in the options that might do this but it doesn't have any apparent effect. Ideally, I would like to be able to stand there and not attack anything until I select a target to attack, after which it would repeatedly attack the selected target.

Lima Beans

Core Engineer

08-06-2009
1 of 2 Riot Posts

No way to do that currently. Closest is to tap H over and over as you said.

The option in the options screen stops the top target bar from coming up automatically when you attack something.

Moncaz

08-09-2009

Yea i have trouble with this with 1 specific champion, Ashe. Late game when im trying to push a lane with my high dps, she will often randomly stop attacking when in range of several creeps.

U should be able to press Attack onto a point on the map inwhich ur champion will go to that point and attack anything on the way. This allows u to push a lane while watching what goes on around the map,

Warskull

Adjudicator

08-09-2009

As mentioned it would be really nice to have a hold fire behavior toggle.

DutchDragoon

08-16-2009

I would also like there to be an actual autoattack/attack key function in the game, like in dota. In dota I often use A+left click to tell my hero to go autoattack at a certain location, and A+left click on a creep to last hit. Right now, to my knowledge, there is no way to last hit a creep other than by right clicking on it, which I find MUCH less convenient than A+clicking it.

Gamerah

08-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchDragoon View Post
I would also like there to be an actual autoattack/attack key function in the game, like in dota. In dota I often use A+left click to tell my hero to go autoattack at a certain location, and A+left click on a creep to last hit. Right now, to my knowledge, there is no way to last hit a creep other than by right clicking on it, which I find MUCH less convenient than A+clicking it.
I dont like that idea, well there has to be a convient button to deny with, but using left click isnt the way. One of the things best about LoL is the ability to target enemies without losing focus on your champion.

Xpload

Adjudicator

08-27-2009

X is attack/move

Guess

08-27-2009

Just keep yourself moving. It's a bad idea to sit in 1 spot anyways. Just makes enemy spells easier to target.
How would removing auto attack make early game LESS tedious? You would be sitting on the screen *waiting* for a creep to get low on health... Seems more boring than running patterns to avoid enemy spells.

Thistledown

08-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess View Post
How would removing auto attack make early game LESS tedious? You would be sitting on the screen *waiting* for a creep to get low on health... Seems more boring than running patterns to avoid enemy spells.
Spamming H is more tedious than doing nothing, that is how. Granted, I prefer moving to stop my autoattacks.

Count DeMonet

08-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpload View Post
X is attack/move
agreed. In my experience playing LoL, using x is like a+L click in Dota