Shaco-HELP!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mortgar

12-17-2009

Few things:
1: i personally critted for 1725, its easily doable if u try it against bots. But 1500 is harder to get in a normal game since normal games dont tend to last that long. HOWEVER it IS possible.

2: Madreds Bloodrazor... they dont stack anymore IMO.

3: as for the others, i agree that hybrid builds on most champs suck. including this one.
try going either full crit dmg, full debuff stacking, or full ap. not a mixture of the 3 >.>.

Hope i gave u some good pointers, hf in games!

sick dogg

12-17-2009

And dont forget to counter enemies. If you're against a lot of physical attackers make phantom and ninja tabi, it works wonderful with 2shiv

LordVan

12-17-2009

hmmm...I guess I'll have to check around and see which playing style suits me best.

smokeD

12-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVan View Post
Hey guys, I've been going around trying all kinds of item builds and I cant seem to get a decent build for shaco.

for some reaon I can't seem to get a positive score with shaco.

Right now I'm level 11 summoner.

right now the iterm build that makes my score less negative is
1. Meki Pendant -> Nashor's tooth
2. Mercury's treads
3. Lichbane
4. phantom dancer
5. infinity edge
6. Guardian Angel.

Problem is I usually get up to lichbane and cant finish the phantom dancer.

At that point my AP was ~135

I read that people was able to get 1500 dmg from Shaco's deceive but up til now i can only get to 500-600 dmg.

Any advice would be awesome.

thanks
If you want a high deceive dmg, go attack damage. If you want high shiv poison, go to AP Builds. Their both good if you need CC go AP, if you need a carry go attack damage Shaco.

Respond if you want builds for both.

Delite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVan View Post
Hey guys, I've been going around trying all kinds of item builds and I cant seem to get a decent build for shaco.

for some reaon I can't seem to get a positive score with shaco.

Right now I'm level 11 summoner.

right now the iterm build that makes my score less negative is
1. Meki Pendant -> Nashor's tooth
2. Mercury's treads
3. Lichbane
4. phantom dancer
5. infinity edge
6. Guardian Angel.

Problem is I usually get up to lichbane and cant finish the phantom dancer.

At that point my AP was ~135

I read that people was able to get 1500 dmg from Shaco's deceive but up til now i can only get to 500-600 dmg.

Any advice would be awesome.

thanks
I agree with the earlier post that you have to pick either attack power or ability power. I can't give my opinion on which I feel is better cause I just played Shaco for the first time yesterday ( just bought him ). From an ability power stand point though, I think it's absolutely fun.

Like I said I actually just started playing him so I may be entirely wrong on the next phew comments, but .... here goes:

My Usual Item Build

1.) Attack Speed.... blah. Especially as Ability Power. So I'd say no go to the Nashar's Tooth. To be perfectly honest I usually start off with an Amplifying Tome. The main reason why I start off with that is because I usually start off each game running straight for the opposing teams brush. If they're not there yet, I tend to stack as many JiTB's as possible untill they get there. For most people it's usually 3 JiTB's + my Ignite ( just incase they try to blink away) is enuff to kill the first person if they don't have a heal, and majority of the time they'll die anyway if my partner is there.

2.) My usual build order usually goes:

Amplifying Tome -> Sheen

SoulStealer ( I know it was nerfed, but I still see it as a hell of a bargain for the amount of AP it gives) I usually get it second, cause once I have my sheen I'm out of passive farm mode for the most part.

Now call me a noob, and I admit I am, but boots I don't really buy every game. Like if I'm laned vs an ashe I'll go mercury threads, or a Yi I get a boots of mobility ( Highlander as an escape tool makes me sad ), but other than that half the time when I'm fighting I'm using Deceive on Cooldown anyway, so chasing really is a non-issue. If I do get decide to get boots it's usually here third.

Finish up Lichbane.

Zhonya's Ring. Don't think there needs much explanation here. Ability Power Shaco... Lot's of Ability Power on this bad boy.

If the other team starts to get MR: then I usually pick up Abyssal Scepter Here.

After that, I don't think it really matters to be honest, you're already hitting like a truck. I debated getting an Infinities Edge just for the crit bonus ( I know mixing the Ability power and Damage but it's crazy late in the game ;/ ) but never had a game go long enough. This game I did in the screenshot( yaeh I know I know.. pug games don't matter, but unfortunately being a new player all I've gotten to do are pugs) with those items, I had 700 almost 800 Ability Power.

As for keeping a positive record. I just think it may be all in how you engage people.
Like personally what I typically do is:

If I'm starting the fight ( Not near a brush ):

I go around towards the back, decieve and after a group of their minions pass drop a JiTB about half a screen away in the direction they would be running back to get to their tower. Half a screen just so you have enough time to get to them before the deceive ends. Come up behind them, attack to use up the sheen/lichebane proc, Immediatly Shiv, for another proc, use that up. By this point if they're squishy they're in oh **** mode and will run away, flash away, and end up feared in your trap that you set up before. They're usually dead by this point unless they're some stacked tank.

If I'm starting the fight ( Near a brush ):

Pretty much the same except for the start. I let them get a little bit past and wait for the minions to pass again, drop a JiTB first, and just rambo in for the first hit. Deceive after you blow the proc or save it depending on if your scared of an inc gank squad.

You see 2 enemies but you don't see any of your teammates around to help:

Be a ******bag and stack those JiTB's just out of sight in like bursh or a lane that branches off the main lane. I usually stack atleast 3 before I start baiting. Run into the lane right into view and act like you didn't know they were there, like run in and then start to run away once you know you got their attention. Bring them to the boxes. The boxes majority of the time will kill one of the two. BTW: If the person chasing you is the barbarian dude, run to the side of the traps, just far enuff that they'll still trigger them, but not over them ( liek you would any other person ), just cause if he spinning blades to try to catch up to you and goes over the traps.. the traps are dead.

In any situation:

Don't underestimate JitB's. Use them ebfore you engage, use them while you're engaging. Use them after you're done engaging as to scout for any other incoming. Just use them!

Use your hallucinate offensively. I see a lot of them that I fight against use it to help escape. Don't get me wrong it can work vs baddies that way, I just find it a waste. Personally when I see a shaco, right before I engage or as soon as they open on me, I mark them. So I know which is which when they hallucinate. The explosion as an Ability Power Shaco is significant. Remember the scaling is 1:1. So even at 400ish Ability Power you're looking at a 1000 explosion (pre-MR of course).

Do NOT waste/forget about your sheen/lichebane procs. Yes there is a 3s icd, but take advantage of it. The amount of damage from a Auto Crit deceive Lichbaned attack, followed by a shiv, is pretty funny. Especially if a JitB is going off at the sametime.

Can't think of anything else to share, that's all I can think of. Like I said though some advice of mine may be wrong, like I said I literally just bought him yesterday so still learning as well. Just sharing what has worked for me so far.

Delite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delite View Post
I agree with the earlier post that you have to pick either attack power or ability power. I can't give my opinion on which I feel is better cause I just played Shaco for the first time yesterday ( just bought him ). From an ability power stand point though, I think it's absolutely fun.

Like I said I actually just started playing him so I may be entirely wrong on the next phew comments, but .... here goes:

My Usual Item Build

1.) Attack Speed.... blah. Especially as Ability Power. So I'd say no go to the Nashar's Tooth. To be perfectly honest I usually start off with an Amplifying Tome. The main reason why I start off with that is because I usually start off each game running straight for the opposing teams brush. If they're not there yet, I tend to stack as many JiTB's as possible untill they get there. For most people it's usually 3 JiTB's + my Ignite ( just incase they try to blink away) is enuff to kill the first person if they don't have a heal, and majority of the time they'll die anyway if my partner is there.

2.) My usual build order usually goes:

Amplifying Tome -> Sheen

SoulStealer ( I know it was nerfed, but I still see it as a hell of a bargain for the amount of AP it gives) I usually get it second, cause once I have my sheen I'm out of passive farm mode for the most part.

Now call me a noob, and I admit I am, but boots I don't really buy every game. Like if I'm laned vs an ashe I'll go mercury threads, or a Yi I get a boots of mobility ( Highlander as an escape tool makes me sad ), but other than that half the time when I'm fighting I'm using Deceive on Cooldown anyway, so chasing really is a non-issue. If I do get decide to get boots it's usually here third.

Finish up Lichbane.

Zhonya's Ring. Don't think there needs much explanation here. Ability Power Shaco... Lot's of Ability Power on this bad boy.

If the other team starts to get MR: then I usually pick up Abyssal Scepter Here.

After that, I don't think it really matters to be honest, you're already hitting like a truck. I debated getting an Infinities Edge just for the crit bonus ( I know mixing the Ability power and Damage but it's crazy late in the game ;/ ) but never had a game go long enough. This game I did in the screenshot( yaeh I know I know.. pug games don't matter, but unfortunately being a new player all I've gotten to do are pugs) with those items, I had 700 almost 800 Ability Power.

As for keeping a positive record. I just think it may be all in how you engage people.
Like personally what I typically do is:

If I'm starting the fight ( Not near a brush ):

I go around towards the back, decieve and after a group of their minions pass drop a JiTB about half a screen away in the direction they would be running back to get to their tower. Half a screen just so you have enough time to get to them before the deceive ends. Come up behind them, attack to use up the sheen/lichebane proc, Immediatly Shiv, for another proc, use that up. By this point if they're squishy they're in oh **** mode and will run away, flash away, and end up feared in your trap that you set up before. They're usually dead by this point unless they're some stacked tank.

If I'm starting the fight ( Near a brush ):

Pretty much the same except for the start. I let them get a little bit past and wait for the minions to pass again, drop a JiTB first, and just rambo in for the first hit. Deceive after you blow the proc or save it depending on if your scared of an inc gank squad.

You see 2 enemies but you don't see any of your teammates around to help:

Be a ******bag and stack those JiTB's just out of sight in like bursh or a lane that branches off the main lane. I usually stack atleast 3 before I start baiting. Run into the lane right into view and act like you didn't know they were there, like run in and then start to run away once you know you got their attention. Bring them to the boxes. The boxes majority of the time will kill one of the two. BTW: If the person chasing you is the barbarian dude, run to the side of the traps, just far enuff that they'll still trigger them, but not over them ( liek you would any other person ), just cause if he spinning blades to try to catch up to you and goes over the traps.. the traps are dead.

In any situation:

Don't underestimate JitB's. Use them ebfore you engage, use them while you're engaging. Use them after you're done engaging as to scout for any other incoming. Just use them!

Use your hallucinate offensively. I see a lot of them that I fight against use it to help escape. Don't get me wrong it can work vs baddies that way, I just find it a waste. Personally when I see a shaco, right before I engage or as soon as they open on me, I mark them. So I know which is which when they hallucinate. The explosion as an Ability Power Shaco is significant. Remember the scaling is 1:1. So even at 400ish Ability Power you're looking at a 1000 explosion (pre-MR of course).

Do NOT waste/forget about your sheen/lichebane procs. Yes there is a 3s icd, but take advantage of it. The amount of damage from a Auto Crit deceive Lichbaned attack, followed by a shiv, is pretty funny. Especially if a JitB is going off at the sametime.

Can't think of anything else to share, that's all I can think of. Like I said though some advice of mine may be wrong, like I said I literally just bought him yesterday so still learning as well. Just sharing what has worked for me so far.
Actually disregard ALL of that. I mean it'll work, but I just tried the Attack Powr Build for the first time... and Jesus Christ I was getting between 1600 crits on deceives. 1K regular white crits, and a 70% crit chance... it was just crazy.