Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Game][Major] Baron buff not applying AD reduction

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hardcore Pwn

Recruiter

07-19-2013

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create custom game

2. Pick any champion (preferable AD based)

3. Level to a suitable point (so they can survive a few hits from baron)

4. At 15 minutes or later, attempt baron

5. Watch as your AD does not get cut in half

I did this in two different custom games: once as shyvana, and once as jarvan, With enough items, it was possible to easily solo Baron.

Unless of course I'm woefully misinformed, and Baron no longer shreds attack damage, in that case let me know and I'll cower in shame.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

07-19-2013

Very perceptive. You're correct that. Baron no longer shreds attack damage but instead lowers the physical / magical damage that the target deals to Baron by 50%. This is a recent change.

The purpose of the Attack Damage was to encourage rotation based play and tank based play but the game has changed and now we have powerful sustained magic damage dealers that can both tank and deal damage.. so... it made sense to update to all damage types rather than just shredding Attack Damage.

There's a little bit of a gameplay difference with regards to what happens when you get ambushed at Baron - but Baron doesn't necessarily need to be more swingy when you get ambushed.

BoJaxHorseweapon

07-19-2013

Wow, nice change, very welcome.

Dr Clueless PhD

07-19-2013

Quote:
Xypherous:
Very perceptive. You're correct that. Baron no longer shreds attack damage but instead lowers the physical / magical damage that the target deals to Baron by 50%. This is a recent change.

The purpose of the Attack Damage was to encourage rotation based play and tank based play but the game has changed and now we have powerful sustained magic damage dealers that can both tank and deal damage.. so... it made sense to update to all damage types rather than just shredding Attack Damage.

There's a little bit of a gameplay difference with regards to what happens when you get ambushed at Baron - but Baron doesn't necessarily need to be more swingy when you get ambushed.

Are you concerned at all that this change will have too harsh of an impact on the power of some of the Champions most effected by this (Brand springs to mind as an example)? It seems unlikely to me, but I imagine you'd have all of your bases covered for this sort of thing.

Phreak IRL

07-19-2013

Quote:
Dr Clueless PhD:
Are you concerned at all that this change will have too harsh of an impact on the power of some of the Champions most effected by this (Brand springs to mind as an example)? It seems unlikely to me, but I imagine you'd have all of your bases covered for this sort of thing.

When is brand tanking baron?

NotBuzzJack

07-19-2013

Slight problem Xypherous. One of those sustained magic damage dealers is dealing mostly true damage to Baron.

Dr Clueless PhD

07-19-2013

Quote:
FruitNinjazz:
When is brand tanking baron?

Not commonly. :P

It just sprung to mind as a case where (if he has to cycle it for aggro purposes) one of his strengths would be severely mitigated.

Henry Plainview

07-19-2013

Oh Xypherous, you and your hatred of Elise. <3

That's a good change though.

DirtyNate

07-19-2013

Is there some way to convey this knowledge better to the playerbase? I have been playing since Beta and am Diamond 1, and I just learned last week all the debuffs that baron puts on people. The wiki is great but you have to know what it is you are searching for first.

Fomorian27

Recruiter

07-20-2013

Quote:
Xypherous:

Are there plans to change the MR shred debuff applied by baron? Make it both physical and magic? Also, maybe some clearer visuals when you are under either debuff?