Need Kassadin Help!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SOJOA

12-30-2009

Hi guys. I realy really want to learn how to play Kassadin well and the major help I need is with his build. I cant figure out if he needs AP or if he needs attack damage and speed. It seems like he needs AP cause of his spells but that never seems to work for me. Any ideas on a good build?

Evangelion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-30-2009

Generally speaking, kassadin is played as an AP build because 3 out of 4 skills works with AP. You can try dps if you want, but I've never really had any success with that. IMO he's too squishy and lacks the single target dps that carries usually have.

Um something like this...

Mana Crystal + 2 hp pots.
Catalyst
Rod of Ages
Mejal's Soulstealer
Mercury Treads/Swiftness/Mobility. Mobility is map control, Swiftness is around the same, and Mercury Treads are if there's a ton of CC.
Deathfire Grasp. The extra damage is excellent for dealing with Chos and Singes.
Void Staff/Haunting Guise. Haunting is cheaper, not quite as effective.
Zhonya's Ring
etc.
etc.

Um search up The Senate's guide, it's probably the best written guide for Kassadin around right now.

Bodknocks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-30-2009

If AP isn't working for you, you can try this:

Rod of Ages
Boots of Mobillity
Guinsoo's Rageblade x3
Lich Bane or another Rageblade

Otherwise, I stay strictly AP like the post above (my standard build is similar to that one).

bobthegood

12-30-2009

Usually 2 rageblades are enough. Get sheen after the 1st rageblade then upgrade it to lichbane after the second.

Captain Scro

12-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion View Post
Generally speaking, kassadin is played as an AP build because 3 out of 4 skills works with AP. You can try dps if you want, but I've never really had any success with that. IMO he's too squishy and lacks the single target dps that carries usually have.

Um something like this...

Mana Crystal + 2 hp pots.
Catalyst
Rod of Ages
Mejal's Soulstealer
Mercury Treads/Swiftness/Mobility. Mobility is map control, Swiftness is around the same, and Mercury Treads are if there's a ton of CC.
Deathfire Grasp. The extra damage is excellent for dealing with Chos and Singes.
Void Staff/Haunting Guise. Haunting is cheaper, not quite as effective.
Zhonya's Ring
etc.
etc.

Um search up The Senate's guide, it's probably the best written guide for Kassadin around right now.
^^ This is a very good build and hes completely correct about dps build, you're just too squishy to blink in and expect to do anything before you're cut down.

Only thing I would change is getting sheen after catalyst and before RoA. This is because you're constantly casting so it makes your auto-attack actually do some damage and if you rush your RoA too early you dont really get the full benefits from the catalyst.

ENÐER

12-30-2009

AFAIK the stacks on rageblade dont continue to go up past 8 with more rageblades, just the amount of hits it takes to max your stacks so if you have 2 then it gives 2 stacks per hit but still has a max of 8 (I think its 8). IMO having more than 1 rageblade is a waist and you can put your gold to better uses

The Senate

12-30-2009

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=19632

Also, stacking rageblades only gets you to max stacks faster. Two rageblades would be two stacks on attack.