Best Items/Stats for Tower Rapage?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SamuraiPanda

12-27-2009

What helps knock down towers the fastest? Attack speed or Damage?

What items are good when hitting towers? Does the bloodrazor passive work on towers? Is last whisper ideal? Should I just grab a BF sword asap? Does Sheen do the extra damage to towers, too?

When I play some champions (in my case, Blitz and Udyr for this purpose) to knock down towers for the team, I always wonder which items are the best to get, and which stats I should be maxing first. I usually go for attack speed items, but I'm not sure if those are better than just straight damage (especially because both of those champs have inherent +attack speed powers) and I still can't figure it out. So I came here to ask for some help on how to best rape towers into the ground.

Xirus

12-27-2009

On my tower destroying build on TF, i used:

Last whisper (towers have lots of armour)
Madrad's bloodrazor (attack speed and the 3% extra damage did affect the tower last patch, I assume it still does)
Tiamat (I needed something to clear minions quickly)

if you don't need Tiamat for killing minions, get another + damage item. Crit doesn't affect towers. Your other items should be boots and survivability items. If you just want items to help you down the towers faster, I recommend phantom dancer (the movement speed helps you close with towers/escape when champs show up).

JunkRamen

12-27-2009

A mix of aspd and damage, probably. Starks, BF swords, LW.

wildfire393

12-27-2009

Only three things affect towers: Your damage, your attack speed, and Armor Penetration (not reduction). Additionally, splash damage and lifesteal can help keep you knocking the tower down longer, and movespeed helps you get there and take it down.

The ideal Towerslayer build would be something like:

Last Whisper
Brutalizer
Phantom Dancer
Bloodthirster
Tiamat
Boots (Mobility or Zerks)

This gives you a huge damage output, the ability to effectively ignore the tower's armor, enough attack speed to get the job done (especially on someone like Trist or Yi to buff it further), and Lifesteal + Splash to clear creepwaves and keep your life up.

tCOperator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-27-2009

It doesn't hurt to be playing Alistar, since his passive is "+20/40/60% damage to Towers". But playing Alistar is a different issue, altogether.

PrawnWonton

12-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by tCOperator View Post
It doesn't hurt to be playing Alistar, since his passive is "+20/40/60% damage to Towers". But playing Alistar is a different issue, altogether.
Any lvl 5+ hero can really put the hurt on towers, so it doesn't really matter. For this reason, Alistar's passive is pretty much totally useless now. Alistar used to be good at knocking down towers when they were beefier, but now almost every hero is better at it than him, even with his passive.

Xirus

12-27-2009

Oh yeah, you definitely want lifesteal. TF can just port in and out, but you'll need to keep your life up without going back to base. I recommend malady, however, as the passive affects towers and it's cheaper, allowing you to build the more important items.

Madawc

12-27-2009

sheen obviously.. oh and DAMAGE items

panguss

12-27-2009

DUDE LAST WHISPER AND DAMAGE ITEMS ARE BAMF! use them for the best rapage of towers

NecroMage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-27-2009

AP Rammus is a pretty cool guy.