Question regarding Cho/Tryn

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaliam

12-15-2009

I have a weird question here.... Should be logical, but it's just not clicking for me.
Cho's ult says that it KILLS under a certain HP, not "Does said damage with no mitigation", and Tryn's ultimate says that he CANNOT TAKE damage that would otherwise kill him... So, by technicality, since Cho's ult doesn't "deal damage", does it instantaneously kill a Tryn who is using his ult (provided he's low enough)?

Brokroma

12-15-2009

I am almost certain it still counts as doing damage.

EDIT: Also, this is the wrong subforum for a gameplay question.

wildfire393

12-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaliam View Post
I have a weird question here.... Should be logical, but it's just not clicking for me.
Cho's ult says that it KILLS under a certain HP, not "Does said damage with no mitigation", and Tryn's ultimate says that he CANNOT TAKE damage that would otherwise kill him... So, by technicality, since Cho's ult doesn't "deal damage", does it instantaneously kill a Tryn who is using his ult (provided he's low enough)?
It does the damage that it says it can kill a hero under.

Additionally, in a somewhat recent patch, they made it so that his ult no longer pierces deathproof effects like Trynd, Zilean, and Guardan angel.

Ksielvin

12-16-2009

I've failed Feast on Trynd's ult, so it won't kill him.

Against Zilean's ult and GA effect the target would at least die the fake death.

Basilisk9466

12-16-2009

Confirming the above, I've done both. As I recall, I didn't get the health boost from Feasting a GA'd champ, though I might be wrong. That annoyed me.