How to make Jax work?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JunkRamen

12-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvolfster View Post
Go for it. a 13k jax is better than either of those imo.
What does a fed Jax bring to the table that Trynd, Corki, or Yi don't do better? All I can think of is the stun.

MuscleMemory

12-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comus View Post
I play jax with the intention of late game godmode. To do this you need to ***** as much gold as possible as quickly as possible, early dragon is a must, and so is continuing to keep it down.

My build:
Sceptre
Ninja Tabi
Phantom Dancerx2
By this point you're reaching godmode, the enemy team will gang up on you, and if there's no real casters, they'll probably all die.
From here I get starks then infinity edge, and then any tanky item, but by the time you get the second phantom you'll probably have won.
was reading this over, are you talking about rylai's scepter or abyssal scepter?

or vampiric scepter? (j/k! you arent talking about vampiric scepter are you???)

vvolfster

12-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleMemory View Post
yea i suppose you're right, i just miss the old jax. I never got to play him when i knew what i was doing... i just joined about a week before they brought the patch for no more tower dodgeing

I remember seeing jax when i first started reading about the champions and thought to myself "thats a cool ass dude" then they nerfed his gameplay

THEN they nerfed his story! give jax his old story back
Yes, his story suggested he was OP. 152 wins in a row. And yeah, I kinda want to play the OP jax as well just for the sake of his baddassedness. I joined in a little while later as well.

I'm fairly certain he means vampire scepter indeed. And well, it takes more skill to play Jax than either of those champs.

EchoRex

12-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkRamen View Post
What does a fed Jax bring to the table that Trynd, Corki, or Yi don't do better? All I can think of is the stun.

CC wins games.

vvolfster

12-18-2009

Jax owns all of them. Jump on corki, 2 hit. he's dead. Stun yi, 2 hit, he's dead. Trynd, wellll. either exhaust him when he's on his ult or get someone to silence him. Then 1 hit him.

kaodynamics

12-18-2009

A non fed Jax can always afford

Frozen Malet
Ninja Tabi
Malady
Last Whispers or Wits End or Zeal

Beyond that doesn't really matter. Jax will destroy the other side regardless. His aoe stun on miss is much to powerful because even without zeal your carry heavy opposition will ALWAYS go for attack speed. What jax carries to the table? Might as well be asking what a teemo brings to the table when the every team is an ashe, yi, name your 3 other carries. I've killed many tryn through their ult, the only time tryn should be difficult for a proper jax is if he is low on mana...

vvolfster

12-18-2009

Welll, you haven't really played a good tryndamere then. However, if you shut him down early, it's quite easy to take on tryn. A good tryn, on the other hand, will 2-3 shot jax if he times his ult right. As for carry heavy opposition. Well, a carry heavy team is bound to fail. and yes, jax eats carries.

JunkRamen

12-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvolfster View Post
Jax owns all of them. Jump on corki, 2 hit. he's dead. Stun yi, 2 hit, he's dead. Trynd, wellll. either exhaust him when he's on his ult or get someone to silence him. Then 1 hit him.
I'd pick Jax if LoL were a 1v1 carry vs carry game. It's not.

[edit]: Actually I'd pick Trynd

vvolfster

12-19-2009

Pick whoever you want. Whatever character makes playing LoL most enjoyable really. Jax for me.

condon

12-19-2009

Step 1: Ignore his passive.
Step 2: Get a starks Fervor
Step 3: Play timid until you finish your infinity edge *after fervor, tabi, and phage which you will later turn into a frozen mallet
step 4: Rock out with your **** out. Rape face, play it aggressive tight, stay low if you can, bait people, draw them apart and tear them a new one.
Dragon + runes whenever you get a free minute, ganking the rest.

Win.