How to make Jax work?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

vvolfster

12-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkRamen View Post
The problem isn't so much beating Yi as much as it being more of an asset to your team than Yi is. Jax does pretty well against auto-attackers. Problem is, even a team full of auto-attackers can make Jax run away quickly with magic damage alone. The only way to counter it is to pick up some health. But if you do that, you're either building a tank Jax build, which is garbage compared to Cho/Ali/whoever, or you're going to be way behind in damage and farmability compared to the faster building carries.
Check this build out. Health & DPS = beast JAX.

http://leaguecraft.com/builder/Jax/2...84f75f44a680b9

Just make this build. I suggest this only for people with dodge runes already. Instead of bloodthirster, you could also get guardian angel to increase your survivability even more. Even without the thirster, Jax is pretty beasty.

Last whisper tends to work better against tanks while phantom dancer owns carries. Generally though, last whisper is more preferrable I think.

With the build, you should be able to 2 hit most people. Start with boots and lifesteal and gradually work your way to whatever the game needs first. I said lizard buff btw, not golem. It just makes him more effective as it does other carries. It doesn't mean he's impotent without it.

And well, heart of gold's sounds too defensive. My playstyle is aggressive so I'm gonna pass :P

JunkRamen

12-18-2009

What carry doesn't kick ass with 16k gold builds?

vvolfster

12-18-2009

Well, get bloodthirster/guardian angel last. that should be around 13000 gold. Also get bfsword and lastwhisper as soon as possible since it will let you dominate. If you can't get 13000 gold as Jax, you're playing him wrong. You might as well pick someone else I guess.

MuscleMemory

12-18-2009

Edit: didnt refresh the page before i posted

whomaster

12-18-2009

he probably doesnt blow up cause like good jax's should he has a dodge page and dodge mastery and as such, he doesnt get nuked. farming is easy on jax, be late to the fight and clean up for the double kill, jungle creeps in between ganks, and you can get an easy infinity.

JunkRamen

12-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvolfster View Post
Well, get bloodthirster/guardian angel last. that should be around 13000 gold. Also get bfsword and lastwhisper as soon as possible since it will let you dominate. If you can't get 13000 gold as Jax, you're playing him wrong. You might as well pick someone else I guess.
If I'm going to get 13k gold, I may as well be playing Yi, Trynd or Corki.

MuscleMemory

12-18-2009

would jax be really OP again if he could dodge turret attacks?

what about if jax could dodge spells???

JunkRamen

12-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleMemory View Post
would jax be really OP again if he could dodge turret attacks?

what about if jax could dodge spells???
Dodging spells would probably be over the top.

vvolfster

12-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkRamen View Post
If I'm going to get 13k gold, I may as well be playing Yi, Trynd or Corki.
Go for it. a 13k jax is better than either of those imo. As for dodging spells, that wouldn't be OP. That would be godly. No one could beat Jax then.

Dodging turrets would make him OP too since he can still towerdive pretty effectively even now. No one would be safe otherwise.

MuscleMemory

12-18-2009

yea i suppose you're right, i just miss the old jax. I never got to play him when i knew what i was doing... i just joined about a week before they brought the patch for no more tower dodgeing

I remember seeing jax when i first started reading about the champions and thought to myself "thats a cool ass dude" then they nerfed his gameplay

THEN they nerfed his story! give jax his old story back