Potential Blitzcrank Build (AD)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

youknowme786

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-22-2010

So, before I get flamed out for abusing free Blitzcrank week, just read through this. I was looking at Blitzcrank's abilities, and I think AD Blitz-tank might just work. Here's why:

Overdrive increases attack and movement speed, much like Gangplank, Warwick, or even Nunu. It's good for attacking faster and catching up with enemy champions, especially when combined with Rocket Grab. It's also useful as a great getaway skill, combined with Ghost or Flash.

Power Fist deals twice Blitzcrank's attack damage for the next attack, and also knocks up the enemy into the air. If you put this together with Trinity Force, and manage to get a critical hit, you'll rack up damage, potentially nearing 1,000. It's easily viable to hit 500+ with a Power Fist/Trinity Force combination.

His ultimate would just be used as utility, to prevent champions like Tryndamere for spinning away, or Jax from jumping away, or to prevent mages from casting all sorts of spells.

For my Runes, I used Armor Penetration Marks and Quintessences, and Mana Regeneration per 5/level Seals and Glyphs. With this, I was dealing good damage, and was almost always at full mana, which optimized my shield.

For my Summoner Spells, I used Ghost and Exhaust.

For my Masteries, I used a 25/0/5, but I think that should be tweaked to maybe 22/0/8, for the Mana Bonus.

For my generic item build, I used:
Mercury Treads
Manamune
Banshee's Veil
Frozen Heart
Hexdrinker
Trinity Force

This gives me decent Armor and Magic Resist, allowing me to function as a great Off Tank, but it also gives me close to 4,000 mana, making my shield effectively an extra 2,000 hp. Also, the combined shields from Banshee's Veil and Hexdrinker help a lot against champions like Garen, Cho'Gath, and Karthus.

I'd like some constructive criticism, please, and suggestions. Let me know what you think, and how it could be improved.

Benalicious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-22-2010

That's basically how I build him since they reworked Overdrive. My core is Manamune/Merc Treads/Glacial Shroud. After that I build Banshee's if I"m against AP heavy team, or finish Frozen Heart against an AD heavy team. After Banshee's/Frozen heart, it's basically what ever suits my fancy. If I"m still dying to casters I might build Abyssal Scepter (makes your ult hurt more, big MR, and nice aura.) If I'm outlasting most everyone, I'll start Triforce. Usually the game doesn't go that long though.

youknowme786

11-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benalicious View Post
That's basically how I build him since they reworked Overdrive. My core is Manamune/Merc Treads/Glacial Shroud. After that I build Banshee's if I"m against AP heavy team, or finish Frozen Heart against an AD heavy team. After Banshee's/Frozen heart, it's basically what ever suits my fancy. If I"m still dying to casters I might build Abyssal Scepter (makes your ult hurt more, big MR, and nice aura.) If I'm outlasting most everyone, I'll start Triforce. Usually the game doesn't go that long though.
Thanks a lot for the response. I like the idea of Abyssal Scepter, too.

Benalicious

11-22-2010

Your welcome. One drawback to this build that I will point out though, is that you can't really act like a tank until you finish your first big tank item. Once you finish BV, you can actually absorb a decent amount of punishment. I like the build, but you aren't really a tank till mid/late game, so your team needs to act accordingly.

Hanbus

11-23-2010

What I've been doing in games .. as of yesterday lol (is when I first started playing Blitz)
I buy doran's shield plus mana potion. Then I get a boot of speed. Sunfire cape. Another sunfire cape then I buy AP items. With the pull and the sunfires it does pretty awesome damage along with the automatic lightning bolts. It is hard for them to get away because of my speed. With AP items, they seem to take more damage and die pretty quickly especially if I have a DPS team mate with me.

Loonybin

11-23-2010

What do you mean "might work"?! It always works... I pwn with AD crank.

This is what I build:
Beserker Greaves
Manamune
Sheen
Glacial Shroud
Infinity Edge
Sheen > Trinity Force
Glacial Shroud > Frozen Heart
Banishe's Veil

LakewoodOG

11-23-2010

I use AD blitz too, but I just go the fragile deal a ton of dmg approach. Start with a mana crystal and get sheen ASAP, get swiftness or merc if you need them. Get trinity force ASAP. Then go for IE, of course you can get tank items depending on how the game is going and you think you need them. But if you just get Trinity Force IE, your burst damage is absolutely nuts. Max power first followed by overdrive with a dummy point in grab, getting ult when you can.

I own blitz and have tried a ton of builds with him and this is definately my favorite and most fun, although it may not be the best. But I only play blitz in normal games anyway, considering how lets say "limited" he is compared to other champs.

onethreeone

11-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loonybin View Post

This is what I build:
Beserker Greaves
Manamune
Sheen
Glacial Shroud
Infinity Edge
Sheen > Trinity Force
Banishe's Veil
This is fun, I love free blitz week for a couple games of kicks & giggles.

Greatrabe

11-23-2010

I played a decent bit of blitz in ranked heres my item build:
1. tear
2. boots of choice (mercs or ninja are the only options i go with as blitz)
3. sheen
Now split into AP or AD depending on what I want
AP:
Archangels, Lichbane, Banshee's veil and/or Frozen Heart
AD:
Manamune, Trinity Force, IE

Critzcrank can deal crazy damage, but AP crank may be better depending on team and is more tanky.Main point of how i play crank is being very tanky without showing it by having a huge sheild, while still dealing good dmg as AP or great dmg as AD.

Edit: Just some notes, the reason AP is more tanky than AD is mainly that AD needs to spend huge money to get the real damage (IE). Trinity force damage is not multiplied by power fist. Endgame AD you should be hitting for over 500 on a regular basis (taking armor into account).

BloodyBunny

11-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loonybin View Post

This is what I build:
Beserker Greaves
Manamune
Sheen
Glacial Shroud
Infinity Edge
Sheen > Trinity Force
Banishe's Veil
Im got the same itens in a nice team comp Manamune works tottaly fine with blitz and i was tryng the new item hexdrink hes nice to cause some spells just kill Blitz before he shield turns up.