How to beat chargers like Tryn or Malph with Vlad?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

accessoire

11-29-2010

Lately I'm playing Vlad a lot and whenever I encounter a champion who has a charge skill like Tryndamere, Malphite (ult), Corki, etc. I am having huge troubles. With Malphite and Tryndamere it's really bad.

Usually it goes like this:

Tryndamere: Charge, Slow, 3 hits, dead.
Malphite: No dmg against him bcuz of passive, some harrassing maybe but anyway as soon as he got his ult => charging in with ult and I'm most likely dead.

How to counter things like this? I feel completely helpless against those champions. If I play against Tryn I could simply give up cause I don't stand a chance to his huge dmg output.
What should I do? Even with Flash and Ghost I often don't get away ...

CopyPasteMezzYou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-29-2010

hug turret, pool.

A Thumb Tack

11-29-2010

Keep casting spells after the first one? Honestly

Break his armor, voila~ Btw Malphites Ult+Slam (when done at lvl 6) is at best 500dmg. So no you aren't close to being dead,

Q+Ult+Pool+Q would bring him down to at least 1/3, that is where ignite comes in, then Another Q, considering how low of a cooldown it has.

Malphite is never an issue.

You are to well acquainted with getting in rage poking with Q and running away. That may work against 80% of the other champs, but not against ones who can either shield dmg or get hp back in some way.

Tryn 3 hits you? Maybe late game, but by late game you should have well over 4k life, with 600~ AP if things went well.

So i doubt he's hitting you for 1300+ each crit. He would have to be immensely fed at which point surrendering at the 30min mark would have been wise.

Anzila

11-29-2010

At what point are you having trouble? Early, mid, or late? It sounds like late game, in which case, a) Don't go out alone. b) If you're getting focused by physical damage like Tryn, buy some armor. When he charges you, use your Pool, and let your friends beat him up.

atsmith893

11-29-2010

I have found the only way to deal with and end game tryn is CC, as vlad you really don't have that luxury, either grab an exhuast when you see them pick him, or rely on your teammates to keep him at bay. Ignite tryn before his ult expires so he can't heal when its done.

Malphite, you can't deal with him as effectively by poking. If you are going to harass you need to do so well beyond his 10% hp shield to make the hp tradeoff worth while. Malphites ult though works like a missle so you should be able to pool right as you see him coming in and be completely unaffected by it.

Onyx of Darkness

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-29-2010

Vlad is good at escaping, which should be your 1st plan, Use Pool to escape. If, for some reason, you are still suffering, then hug the turret+Pool. Finally, if you are still struggling, then get items to counter their ult, either high DEF or MR items, depending on the ult. Remember, that Vlad will always be targeted first in a team fight and you need to be prepared to take some hits, play smart, spam your Q, ult and Pool will win you team fights and make them scared of you. Be confident, have map awareness, and above all, don't panic, call a team gank if you need, or a lane switch.

Burdennn

11-29-2010

Laning phase - Ignore. Farm till your level 9 and harrass when your transfusion is at max rank.

Team fight - Aim other squisher targets first. Pool to avoid their attention.

Being ganked - Ghost. Pool. Pray.

Pay attention to their health as well. Vlad can easily turn a chase/gank around.

Generally, Vladimir is at his best when he's not focused and he's still in range to dish out damage so stick around with your team.