[Guide] Mastering Masteries

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GuyGin

03-23-2010

Your analysis of Veteran's Scars and Stength of Spirit are just straight up backwards.

Strength of Spirit gives you almost NO health regen early, which is sad because that is the ONLY time it is useful.

Veteran's Scar's, on the other hand, gives you 60 hp to start, which is 1/3 of a life crystal. It's like starting with an extra 150g....

Cryohazard

03-24-2010

Strength of Spirit gives the HP regen per SECOND, not per 5 seconds. Try it on Singed, and you'll immediately notice the difference.

mAUT

03-28-2010

rly good guide.
even if i only play since 2 days i knew most of these things. but for totally noobs this is a rly helpful guide.

Fire of Michael

05-14-2010

Updates for patch changes:

Offensive:

Cripple got nerfed to 10A/10M ---> Less effective, but better than the other 2 choices after Deadliness

Offensive Mastery got boosted to 2 damage per point, but it still kinda sucks

Burning Embers is decent if you know how to use Ignite: first spell used, reduces healing, not for damage

Demolisher is absent because Promote is gone

Improved Rally now gives set AP (20-70) not % damage increase. Rally no longer heals, so less use

Defensive:

Strength of Spirit is not HP Regen/5; it's a % increase, so HP regen/sec (much better)

Ardor (Don't understand why it's in D Tree not O Tree as it has nothing to do with Defense)

Utility:

Greed is so ****ty, but it's so funny reading guides that suggest it over anything else.

Flash nerf was from 1000 range to 400 range. Now Flash kinda sucks.

Carados

05-14-2010

Stop bumping this thread. The original post is so terrible.

Rozsudek

05-29-2010

Very good guide, I must say.

It explains each and every mastery thoroughly and their usefulness. Also, by the end, there are guides for people with 30 mastery points and how they would be used. I recommend this guide to each and every player.

AlLoCuRa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-15-2010

very intresting read, even for a newbie.

isobold

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-22-2010

Would be interesting, if it weren't outdated. Should be removed from guide directory until remade or updated ...

peyo

08-18-2010

Perseverance is LAME mastery... Good Hands is BY FAR better.

Mestaaja

08-18-2010

Overall a decent guide, altho I wouldn't agree fully with all your points.
One thing that bugs me though, is that you do not even mention that one could in fact opt for a hybrid build, you only list 21/9 alternatives.