A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wav3Break

Riot Intern
Quality Assurance

07-17-2013
17 of 81 Riot Posts

Just to buffer Scarizard's post, I am currently tuning the new "Q-Train" destroyer knife cat damage window and I'm not gonna lie, this thing feels freaking awesome to pull off. You will knife more than you ever could and stab peoples faces like no tomorrow. Now time to balance and test it more :P. Again everything is subject to change.

I would also like to ask some questions:

How would you guys feel about Bola Strike being a skill shot?

How would you guys feel about Empowered Bola Strike bringing a little bit more team utility?

P.S. I think Bone Tooth is feeling pretty healthy building out of a Hunter's machete for all of you jungle Rangos out there .

Continue to give us great ideas guys we will continue to iterate and try our best to make sure Rengar becomes an awesome and healthy character!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

W8Baby

Junior Member

07-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wav3Break View Post
Just to buffer Scarizard's post, I am currently tuning the new "Q-Train" destroyer knife cat damage window and I'm not gonna lie, this thing feels freaking awesome to pull off. You will knife more than you ever could and stab peoples faces like no tomorrow. Now time to balance and test it more :P. Again everything is subject to change.

I would also like to ask some questions:

How would you guys feel about Bola Strike being a skill shot?

How would you guys feel about Empowered Bola Strike bringing a little bit more team utility?

P.S. I think Bone Tooth is feeling pretty healthy building out of a Hunter's machete for all of you jungle Rangos out there .

Continue to give us great ideas guys we will continue to iterate and try our best to make sure Rengar becomes an awesome and healthy character!
i understand our kitty is made for 1v1 but if bola strike is made for team fights not really much he can do to ranged and players with cc would be better if his w was slighty improved with the ultimate


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NotBuzzJack

Senior Member

07-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
Catching this before i leave - i think something like this sounds really cool. I know i mentioned earlier that we were looking at +MS% in brush. What do people think about similar version?

'Rengar gains X movement speed while not visible to the enemy team (or out of combat). This bonus is doubled while Rengar is in brush.' ?

A lot of the bonetooth ideas specifically have been pretty interesting - Wav3break's heavy lifting is going to be focused on BTN, but i'll make sure to keep passing these along.
How about bonus %hp regen when not visible to the enemy? Although this would make him a lot like Slark from Dota, that's not necessarily a bad thing since Slark is fun.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shivin302

Junior Member

07-17-2013

For bonetooth necklace I would love to have the Leap range extender at lower stacks so as to help his early game roaming/ganking.

About Bola Strike being a skillshot, I would rather not have it like that because of the Leap(on a minion) -> Bola Strike harass in lane, my favourite part of top lane rengar.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Foochy

Senior Member

07-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wav3Break View Post
Just to buffer Scarizard's post, I am currently tuning the new "Q-Train" destroyer knife cat damage window and I'm not gonna lie, this thing feels freaking awesome to pull off. You will knife more than you ever could and stab peoples faces like no tomorrow. Now time to balance and test it more :P. Again everything is subject to change.

I would also like to ask some questions:

How would you guys feel about Bola Strike being a skill shot?

How would you guys feel about Empowered Bola Strike bringing a little bit more team utility?

P.S. I think Bone Tooth is feeling pretty healthy building out of a Hunter's machete for all of you jungle Rangos out there .

Continue to give us great ideas guys we will continue to iterate and try our best to make sure Rengar becomes an awesome and healthy character!
Please make bolas explode


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Shiken

Senior Member

07-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wav3Break View Post
Just to buffer Scarizard's post, I am currently tuning the new "Q-Train" destroyer knife cat damage window and I'm not gonna lie, this thing feels freaking awesome to pull off. You will knife more than you ever could and stab peoples faces like no tomorrow. Now time to balance and test it more :P. Again everything is subject to change.

I would also like to ask some questions:

How would you guys feel about Bola Strike being a skill shot?

How would you guys feel about Empowered Bola Strike bringing a little bit more team utility?

P.S. I think Bone Tooth is feeling pretty healthy building out of a Hunter's machete for all of you jungle Rangos out there .

Continue to give us great ideas guys we will continue to iterate and try our best to make sure Rengar becomes an awesome and healthy character!
How would you guys feel about Bola Strike being a skill shot?

unless it provides a better reward like a stun, or snare (like elise cocoon) i think it would be bettter, But if it did more damage and thats it i think it would not be worth it

How would you guys feel about Empowered Bola Strike bringing a little bit more team utility?

like an AoE cc or what?

P.S. I think Bone Tooth is feeling pretty healthy building out of a Hunter's machete for all of you jungle Rangos out there .

will it still provide damage per level? and will it build out of something for laners
(long sword)??And will the ult change where an icon will appear over the head of an enemy be a sure thing that u guys are not going to change your mind on?

EDIT: also could you tell us if rengars Q will still scale of 100% of his AD plus a bonus amount?

pls Reply!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

imweasel09

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotBuzzJack View Post
How about bonus %hp regen when not visible to the enemy? Although this would make him a lot like Slark from Dota, that's not necessarily a bad thing since Slark is fun.
That's a recipe for an unstoppable splitpusher again just like before the battle roar nerfs. It'd either be unnoticeable or ridiculously OP.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ProfDrDeath

Senior Member

07-17-2013

Bonetooth Necklace:
Another thought I had there, to go with the jungling theme, is to have it stack on last-hitting Baron/Dragon/Vilemaw. This would reward him for having the good jungler's practice of kill-smiting those important objectives, as well as giving him a way to get a few stacks on his Necklace in a low-kill (aka, high elo) game.

In most games, he should not be able to get more than 3-4 stacks this way, depending on when he can get BTN.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anketh

Senior Member

07-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
Catching this before i leave - i think something like this sounds really cool. I know i mentioned earlier that we were looking at +MS% in brush. What do people think about similar version?

'Rengar gains X movement speed while not visible to the enemy team (or out of combat). This bonus is doubled while Rengar is in brush.' ?
I love this idea, but you'll want to remove the part about the MS being removed by wards. Nerf the concept to account for this, if you have to, but if the Rengar player suddenly notices a drop in his movement speed, he'll know there's a ward there; there's only so many "good" locations for a ward, so it'd be easily counter-warded afterwards.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Smoqueed

Member

07-17-2013

This "Q Train" Idea sounds super awesome! Also I wouldnt mind Bolas being a skill shot. It would allow you to throw stuff at people who left sight range(Sight ranges are crucial in Jungle Fights) and could offer more clutch and reward then the point n click.