A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IronMarauder

08-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
Hey dudes, sorry for going mostly silent this week - had a lot to get done and i don't like to post when i know i won't have time to follow up with y'all (this is why last week's post came on a Friday evening so i had all weekend to keep talking)

So i'm likely going to format this horrendously because i'm at home and don't have a screencap of the tooltip, but here's the new idea for Rengar's ultimate:

Thrill of the Hunt

Hunt: Rengar activates his Predatory instincts, gaining % movement speed and vision of all nearby enemy champions. During this time, Rengar also generates up to 5 Ferocity and his first basic attack will cause him to leap. Lasts (Long Duration) or until Rengar uses an ability/leaps.

After a few seconds, Rengar may choose to reactivate Thrill of the Hunt to enter Stalk.

Stalk: Rengar loses all bonus movement speed from Thrill of the Hunt, but enters Stealth. Lasts (Shorter Duration) or until Rengar takes offensive action.

If i can clarify more, let me know. The basics are that Rengar players get to choose which is best for the situation - to Speedcat for a chase or cleanup? or Stealthcat for an ambush or otherwise awesome juke? I'm excited about this version because it has a lot of flexibility in what Rengar can do throughout the game (by retaining Higher % MS than is on live via Hunt, but retaining the Stealth Ambush in Stalk) but doesn't let you just hit R and run without being smart about it.

Bonus Question!- Consuming Ferocity on cast is still something i want to do, but i'd want to find a better bonus you get for 'Empowering' your Ultimate rather than duration. Suggestions? I anticipate a lot of '+Damage and +Stealth' time, but i'm open to hearing what you guys have to say.

Let me know what you guys think, and sorry for the delay!

For empowering ult effects how about adding a "+ vision range of nearby enemy champions (over and above what the ults base amount is)" or "+ warwick-like low health=ms buff"? He is a hunter after all, so sensing low health champions and gaining that kind of stat could be interesting. or just for making it op some sort of one time wall jump use?

RedDevilCG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-01-2013

Have you put any thought into taking the stealth part off the ult and making it a passive that works in bushes, but keeping the sprint speed on the ult?

It would sure make him feel like a lion stalking in the bushes, then sprinting after his prey.

Nielspeterdejong

09-01-2013

Hello Scarizard,

I was wondering, based on your description of "Thrill of the hunt", why not allow the duration to continue even if you leaped/used an ability. But you don't get the bonusses anymore. But when you get a kill (or a assist on a champion you hit a up to a few seconds ago), you suddenly get all the bonusses back? (and maybe extend the duration a little bit?). That way players are rewarded for chasing properly, because if they get a kill, then can use Thrill of the hunt to get away or continue the chase, or (if they haven't used it yet) use stalk to go invisible into the night!

Also another idea, why not make him a tanky assassin this way? Optional idea: During Thrill of the hunt he gets another bonus to MR and Armor, which also persists even if he leaped/used an ability for the duration? That way it will feel much more like an ultimate!

Ps: During stalk, Rengar will lose the movement speed bonus, but will still see surrounding enemies, and be able to leap right? O.O

Nielspeterdejong

09-01-2013

OH! ALMOST FORGOT!

For the Empowered W, could you instead of the MR and Armor bonus (which doesn't stack in current Rengar >.>) give him a shield? Which increases either with his maximum hp or his AP?

That way you can build Ranger either Tanky assassin, or more Utility initiator Tank With the bonus I mentioned on Thrill on the hunt (the bonus MR and Armor), together with the W and empowered W would allow him to soak up damage for his team. Creating a much more versatile build for Rengar!

Oh, and what do you think about the Bonetoothnecklace being upgradable for extra gold like Victor's item?

So my ideas are these:

1) Empowered W now gives a shield instead of the MR and Armor. Making empowered W viable in combat.
2) Thrill of the hunt duration continues even after he leaped/used an ability and loses his area scan/leap/Savagery gain/speed. If during this duration he gets a kill or a close assist (a few seconds) he gets those bonusses back. And while he has those bonusses he can initiate Stalk. Stalk however removes the movement speed bonus and the Thrill of the hunt duration completely ends (he doesn't lose area scan and a first leap during stalk, but he loses stalk entirely whenever he leaps/uses an ability)
3) During Thrill of the hunt (whether he has the area scan/leap/savagery gain/speed bonusses, or not) he gains a bonus on MR and Armor, which allows him to also activate his ability to initiate as a tank if he is build that way, or to survive a chase. Ofcourse if he activates Stalk during that duration the bonus is completely lost.
4) Please make the bonetooth necklace upgradable with an item to create a better BTN, for late game play. So the slot doesn't feel wasted.

Those are the ideas that I had summed up

lightdragoon88

09-01-2013

R ferocity bonus

reveals the champs he can see for his allies too?

lDanthera

09-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightdragoon88 View Post
R ferocity bonus

reveals the champs he can see for his allies too?
Live ult already does that.

Nice idea the EU guy had with the bolas!

lightdragoon88

09-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lDanthera View Post
Live ult already does that.

Really?

Never noticed...but then again I am the only one in my group of friends who uses Rengar.

I have never actually been on a team where someone other then me used Rengar.

SquirrelEnFeu

09-01-2013

Would be awesome if the domage of is w could scale with his ad or better is bonus hp (like sejuani or volibear). Having is dommage scaling with his hp bonus could create another path for a more tanky bruiser rengar (TANKGAR).

and u have to check this idea for the bola.

Originally Posted by sigma117 View Post
someone over on the eu server has a nice mechanic idea for rengars e. In short it hits the first target, and the bola swings around them, potentially hitting a second target to tie them together.
Forum post: http://forums.euw.leagueoflegends.co...php?p=13027175

Servantofthe99

09-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
Quick Update:

Xelnath played him in the jungle and got like 1 bajillion kills (I think the final end score was 15/7/8?) building BTN, BT, Trinity Force, Infinity Edge and Berserker's Greaves. They ended up losing to a few misplays, but so far judging by his in-game performance (and the screams of 'oh god' from the other members of Live Design) it seems like he's still 100% capable of dealing damage.

W Mechanic is back to Armor and MR from AD Reduction - this hurts his early clear, but we decided that it's actually pretty necessary for him especially now that he takes slightly longer to kill.

Sprint/Stealth ult is working out pretty well, going to play him myself later today from a Toplane position and begin working on that since jungle seems like it's working fine (insofar as a bruiser-utility guy with strong laneganks or as an assassin), so i want to make sure that Toplane Rengar is still pretty strong.

aw man...thats just sad. i don't think he can qualify as an assassin if he has lost the burst. new kit is cool but its sad you had to turn him into a bruiser :/

Troy242621

09-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servantofthe99 View Post
aw man...thats just sad. i don't think he can qualify as an assassin if he has lost the burst. new kit is cool but its sad you had to turn him into a bruiser :/
I think they alluded towards the fact that he can still successfully be built as an assassin. If I'm wrong and he CAN'T, I'll be looking for a new main pretty soon.