A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sumeet11

Member

08-28-2013

make it stealth then chase that way u can sneak up in lane but will be visible when trying to pounce


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheRogueSkittle

Junior Member

08-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClubPanda View Post
@Scarizard,

I am worried that you aren't addressing the real problems with Rengar. In fact everything here seems to be a blanket buff to Rengar, when he already has some of the most infuriating mechanics and damage potential in the game.

For example, did you know that even when Rengar is seen in a bush (say I am standing on the other end of the bush) then he can CONTINUOUSLY jump to you? At a certain point his "Unseen" Predator is no longer "Unseen" and it does more damage than any of his other abilities. This is his passive? He can just constantly jump and do absurd amounts of damage with it? Where is the counterplay?

Then there is this Triple Q bull ****. Rengar is NOT in a bad place right now, he is in a fantastic place. What gives this champion more priority over...ANY other champion in the game? Who honestly thinks that Rengar is too weak, while Sion is just right?

tl;dr It looks like you want to Jayce-ify Rengar and make him able to **** up everything and everyone without any counterplay.
Good because if you compare current Rengar to the old one, this one to keep it short sucks.

He needs this "buff" although they are basically shutting some of his abilities down to the ground.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheRogueSkittle

Junior Member

08-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figgles View Post
Well, looks like it's final.


We'll miss you Rengar.
Good night sweet prince.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RadiantWings

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClubPanda View Post
@Scarizard,

I am worried that you aren't addressing the real problems with Rengar. In fact everything here seems to be a blanket buff to Rengar, when he already has some of the most infuriating mechanics and damage potential in the game.

For example, did you know that even when Rengar is seen in a bush (say I am standing on the other end of the bush) then he can CONTINUOUSLY jump to you? At a certain point his "Unseen" Predator is no longer "Unseen" and it does more damage than any of his other abilities. This is his passive? He can just constantly jump and do absurd amounts of damage with it? Where is the counterplay?

Rengar jumps to you when attacking from brush. The solution? Don't fight in the brush.
Also, there's something called LoLwiki where you can look up champion abilities. Be sure to brush up on those before making a criticism (like saying Rengar deals additional damage with Unseen Predator. FALSE)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheRogueSkittle

Junior Member

08-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantWings View Post
Rengar jumps to you when attacking from brush. The solution? Don't fight in the brush.
Also, there's something called LoLwiki where you can look up champion abilities. Be sure to brush up on those before making a criticism (like saying Rengar deals additional damage with Unseen Predator. FALSE)
What do you have to say about what they are planning on doing to Rengar.

I'd like to hear it from a veteran diamond 1 player.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Snowsef

Member

08-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn0ws3f View Post
As for this new empowered ultimate, I'm an advocate of tons of damage.

But for his Q, I agree with @Troy242621. The best way to build rengar is as a glass cannon with lots of armor pen so he can instantly burst carries with the triple Q. I feel like if his Q damage is nerfed and turned into more of a sustained damage type of deal, it changes rengar from an assassin (what most rengar players want him to be) to a generic bruiser, and I think we already have enough of those personally.
Just adding a bit to my earlier post. As I understand it, the ultimate's duration is being buffed? I'd like to see the timeframe in which he has infrared vision be longer, so that it promotes more of a "hunting your prey" style of gameplay. But, then again, maybe you've already done this.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RadiantWings

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLGxElite View Post
What do you have to say about what they are planning on doing to Rengar.

I'd like to hear it from a veteran diamond 1 player.
I actually play Rengar because I like him, not because I'm godlike with him. I'm arguably better at support (But I play a ton of supports so it looks like Rengar's my main.)

That said, if they make him actually able to chase people, he'll be alright. My biggest gripe is never being able to catch up to a target after Thrill of the Hunt if the target is even remotely mobile or has just 1 person peeling for them, necessitating the triple Q cheese. This is why my suggestions for Thrill of the Hunt have tended towards giving Rengar extra gapclosers, supports nowadays have TOO MANY SLOWS!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MobiIe Ward

Senior Member

08-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
Quick Update:

Xelnath played him in the jungle and got like 1 bajillion kills (I think the final end score was 15/7/8?) building BTN, BT, Trinity Force, Infinity Edge and Berserker's Greaves. They ended up losing to a few misplays, but so far judging by his in-game performance (and the screams of 'oh god' from the other members of Live Design) it seems like he's still 100% capable of dealing damage.

W Mechanic is back to Armor and MR from AD Reduction - this hurts his early clear, but we decided that it's actually pretty necessary for him especially now that he takes slightly longer to kill.

Sprint/Stealth ult is working out pretty well, going to play him myself later today from a Toplane position and begin working on that since jungle seems like it's working fine (insofar as a bruiser-utility guy with strong laneganks or as an assassin), so i want to make sure that Toplane Rengar is still pretty strong.
That score doesn't sound that impressive to be honest. But I'm glad you are reverting the w back to normal.

But ARE you really serious about the early jungle clear!? You're gonna nerf his strengths(long stealth and instagibbing) and not buff his weaknesses(early jungle clearing)!? wtf!?

You do know that he can be easily killed on his first clear right? Did't I tell you to learn about this champ before you try to work on him?

You're supposed to be balancing him. Not nerfing him.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MobiIe Ward

Senior Member

08-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norr1N View Post
Hi Scarizard. Could you please respond to this post, as i'm not the only one who wants to hear about how Rengar's ultimate currently works in more detail, and what he loses/gains inbetween each stage of his ultimate, and whether or not it has a persistant effect.

Also, any word on alternative build paths for BTN for players who choose not to jungle Rengar? Like a different recipe such as Longsword + Rejuvenation Beads, or Ruby Crystal, which give alternative stats or another passive that's not jungle-oriented? Maye a Warmogs/Banshee's style passive. Would it be possible for Rengar to consume this item like Eleisa's Miracle after getting 14 Trophies?
That's a good idea. It should be consumed. Cuz I usually end up selling it at the end of long matches.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheRogueSkittle

Junior Member

08-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantWings View Post
I actually play Rengar because I like him, not because I'm godlike with him. I'm arguably better at support (But I play a ton of supports so it looks like Rengar's my main.)

That said, if they make him actually able to chase people, he'll be alright. My biggest gripe is never being able to catch up to a target after Thrill of the Hunt if the target is even remotely mobile or has just 1 person peeling for them, necessitating the triple Q cheese. This is why my suggestions for Thrill of the Hunt have tended towards giving Rengar extra gapclosers, supports nowadays have TOO MANY SLOWS!
Exactly that's why I also disagree with his move speed steroid on ult, whats the use if you're going to get slowed in the process of chasing...waste of an ult.

I still prefer his current ult as he's very sneaky and makes engaging fairly difficult if you're a noob with Rengar.