A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Launchpad

08-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmogs Favor View Post
I think that Stalk should come before Hunt. Stalk giving you vision of nearby enemy champions ( la Warwick) and granting invisibility but with a detection range that's larger than his leap range (Evelynn style). Hunt turns off that invisibility once you've found your target and gives you the speed boost so you can chase them.

Opposing champions should at least have a chance to react to Rengar's ult. I think the Triple Q combo should be removed.
Agreed

Cacahao

08-27-2013

Hello Scarizard, I was thinking about this and... if Q is the damage skill, W the defensive one, E the CCing one, and R the utility skill... Do not have you the feeling of W2 beign a bit lackluster?

Ok, it heals you, but not a lot, not so noticeable IMO.

W2 usually is used as lane sustain, but with Q train beign that good, healing yourself so little can feel wrong in mid/late. What if instead heal it gives you heal-over-time?

Because heal was strong it was nerfed, but now it feels strange. With this, maybe you could make heal a bit better

Master Dayne

08-27-2013

What if his movespeed bonus in his ult works like Vayne's passive, so that he only gains a moderate speed boost until he is actually stalking an enemy? That way it would stop him from simply ulting away from every situation until he can stealth and juke off somewhere..?

Best Glitches NA

08-27-2013

I have joined this discussion late and have absolutely no idea if this has been suggested, but on the topic of "stacks consumed upon Hunt/Stalk, what if the consumption resulted in gaining an additional chance to leap at full stacks (total of 2 leaps) that don't require brush? I'd imagine the leaps would require a minimum distance so they don't get expended in melee range, but I think that'd add even more fun play with Rengar and his mobility.

calumniateTruth

08-27-2013

I have said it before and I will say it again, a Ryze style ability combo works on Ryse because of his hard CC and his Range. Rengar on the other hand is a melee assassin, HE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO STAY ALIVE LONG ENOUGH TO PULL THIS OFF. If you want a champ that has a combo like this you have to make the combo weak to make up for the fact that the champ must have enough health/ shield to not just instantly die before they can pull of said combo. Rengar is a single target melee assassin with no escape apart from his ultimate. Regardless of what you think about Rengar's triple Q insta-gib you have to agree that if Rengar cannot pull off an insta-gib with this combo then there would be no point ulting offensively unless you whole team was CCing them hard enough for you to pull this off. This makes his ultimate which is meant to be about hunting only consistently good as an escape. I have no qualms with the new ult, it just seems to me that Rengars combat mechanics will make it utterly useless.
TLDR: A single target melee assassin with no escape must be able to insta gib a carry otherwise they are utterly useless. Comparison: Shaco low CD Flash + Stealth that can be used offensively and defensively with ult to help reduce damage/ increase his own damage.

HANS1369

08-27-2013

I am pretty cool with all the changes for the most part, I myself play Rengar in the jungle 90% of the time if you take the def bonuses off his W and swap them for dmg reduction I feel there should also be an AS debuff with it because unless the dmg reduction was insane people with high as would still shred you up. I think taking the stealth off of Rengars ulti is garbage sure make it to where people have some what of a warning but dont take his stealth away.P.S. The whole reason I love playing Rengar is the element of suprise and having to react quickly if you take that away what kind of hunter is he?

Lower Levels

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2013

If bone tooth necklace is supposed to be inherent to his kit and makes no sense for any other champion to have why not have Rengar start with that item in his inventory like a certain techno-mage and then have him choose which upgrade he wants similar to Viktor so if he wants to do more bush jumping he can get that. If he wants CDR he can get that, etc. However, he can only choose one upgrade path and it costs like 600 or something.

This would also be cool because then he could in his little vs khazix meta thing choose a path to combat whatever path the bug choose to evolve.

THUNDERMINE

08-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lower Levels View Post
If bone tooth necklace is supposed to be inherent to his kit and makes no sense for any other champion to have why not have Rengar start with that item in his inventory like a certain techno-mage and then have him choose which upgrade he wants similar to Viktor so if he wants to do more bush jumping he can get that. If he wants CDR he can get that, etc. However, he can only choose one upgrade path and it costs like 600 or something.

This would also be cool because then he could in his little vs khazix meta thing choose a path to combat whatever path the bug choose to evolve.
THIS!!!!! WHY DIDNT I THINK OF THIS!!!!! YES!!!! GIVE HIM THE ABILITY TO LEVEL UP THE NECKLACE OR SOMETHING ALONG THOSE LINES. HE COULD LEVEL UP THE NECKLACE TO IMPROVE HIS Q W E or R'S ABILITIES.

THIS WOULD PERFECT HIS NEW REWORK, THIS WOULD BE AN EASY FIX.

R U Fukn Nuts

08-28-2013

I think people fail to notice how useless their ideas are when Scarizard actually said what he wants and what he expects to be done...
What he asks for as an ultimate ferocity bonus idea? A mild thingy that will be of use for Rengar and won't make you feel bad if you ult without 5 ferocity (not to mention ulting with 0). What he gets? 'MOAR DAMAGES! MOAR RANGES! MOAR SPEEDS! MOAR DEFENSES!' Not to mention these would be difficult to read in teamfights where you don't have an eternity to spare just to look at enemy buff icons.
Second - necklace passive idea. Now this is a bad idea just because you fail to notice how community works.
If he leaves it as it is, people are used to it and if it's weak they just will not buy it, it'll get buffed or reworked again and after some time it should be K.
IF it is made his passive - 1. 'OMG VIKTOR RIPOFF'. 2. 'OMG I CAN'T HAZ 6 ITEMS NAO'. 3. 'OMG YOU PROMISED IT TO BE OPTIONAL, HOW DO I DODGE THE EVENT NOW?'
Pretty much this. Feel free to downvote the truth.

Troy242621

08-28-2013

I still don't get why everyone is focused on the ultimate and/or passive. It's his Q that has me worried. Riot, you expect a squishy, melee range assassin to be able to survive long enough to combo Qs together? He NEEDS burst. In fact, his burst wasn't and still isn't the problem. People disliked his burst coming out of nowhere. The fact he can now chain Qs together tells me you may have lowered his burst substantially, and that'd be a really big mistake, in my opinion.

He has weak CC (Without wasting 5/5 Ferocity for a Snare, especially now that it's a skillshot and is less dependable), so having sustained DPS with low sticking power is really bad. Also, you talked about wanting Rengar players to have options when they have 5/5 Ferocity, so we don't feel bad when we make our choice because the other is obviously better? Seeming as his damage is SUSTAINED now, if he uses his Ebola, he can kiss his burst goodbye. At least right now, his Q still packs a punch and I can get away with using Ebola if I want the CC. If I HAD to combo Qs to have decent damage, I just can't afford it anymore.

All in all, the sustained damage via Q chaining isn't something I feel Rengar should have. I STRONGLY advise you just let him have his burst damage back on Q, or it will cause many more problems than it solves.