A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Red XIII Nanaki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2013

I feel that since Q empower gives damage, E empower gives CC and IIRC W empower gives tankiness (not sure about this iteration of Rengar) that R empower should be some form of utility. My thoughts are bonus Move speed, bonus leap range or bonus reveal range.

Your Shadow

08-25-2013

Okay, this new ult you've put together. The Hunt/Stalk thing?

That's awesome. Like, crazy awesome. I am now actually excited for this change because it looks so cool.

Well done in coming up with a cool way to retain Rengar's stealth and implement your new idea.

HeartlessShin

08-25-2013

I just didn't want the stealth removed. Adding a new stealth above the ult is just asking for complaints from people. He now pounces out of nowhere and can juke you with stealth again. Now that seems toxic.

Then again, I like it anyways. just worry that this will ultimately be a rage parade if it goes live.

Somewhat Human

08-25-2013

I got it!
Depending on the number of ferocity consumed after casting Thrill of the Hunt, Rengar gains a tiny bonus MS increase (say 1-5% depending on amount of ferocity) for Stalk. Not sure if you would have to lower his base MS for this though.

BTW plz give Rengar a running on all fours animation for Hunt, he doesn't look right walking on only two.

CS3Narutoi

08-25-2013

Maybe consuming Ferocity let's Stalk gain MS as well? Allows Hunt to gain tenacity?

lightdragoon88

08-25-2013

From extreme hate and wanted you to die to everyone now loving you.

Well played Scarizard

Troy242621

08-25-2013

Stealth is back? Seems like it means he can still hunt with his ultimate, still is discouraged from using it as an escape, and can still gank with it. I'm satisfied with that direction.

Blastiblue

08-25-2013

Extremely disappointed with the changes on this R, Rengar's ult is already really strong (giving him even more mobility despite the champion already being hyper mobile (read : 600range jumps).

Taking stealth away from him was the right move since you've made it clear there would be no audio warning at all if you guys let him keep stealth. So we're basically back to insta-gib stealth cat but now he has the flexibility of chosing speed or stealth.

I think one of the reasons Lee Sin was is really strong is because he has so much flexibility on his kit, having rengar retain the major aspect of his old ult (stealth) but also gain a new one (huge MS buff) just makes him way stronger under the excuse "lawl complxty u can toglz ult"

Keep the no stealth rengar
-Just my 2 cents

Warmogs Favor

08-25-2013

I think that Stalk should come before Hunt. Stalk giving you vision of nearby enemy champions ( la Warwick) and granting invisibility but with a detection range that's larger than his leap range (Evelynn style). Hunt turns off that invisibility once you've found your target and gives you the speed boost so you can chase them.

Opposing champions should at least have a chance to react to Rengar's ult. I think the Triple Q combo should be removed.

dooku183

08-25-2013

i liked the armor pen on the necklace, and the mr+ armor from his roar, was good for 1v1's