A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DUDE BRO

08-25-2013

Ferocity consume idea:

Thrill of the hunt consumes all ferocity, converting each ferocity into 5% bonus movement speed (25% max) for 2 seconds.

Thus will allow rengar to have a larger boost of speed at the very start of his ult (which returns to normal ult speed after 2 seconds), to quickly escape a sticky situation if needed.

Its a minir thing that wint give much power, but something you can still feel and utilize well.

Zenmetsu Saseru

08-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
Hey dudes, sorry for going mostly silent this week - had a lot to get done and i don't like to post when i know i won't have time to follow up with y'all (this is why last week's post came on a Friday evening so i had all weekend to keep talking)

So i'm likely going to format this horrendously because i'm at home and don't have a screencap of the tooltip, but here's the new idea for Rengar's ultimate:

Thrill of the Hunt

Hunt: Rengar activates his Predatory instincts, gaining % movement speed and vision of all nearby enemy champions. During this time, Rengar also generates up to 5 Ferocity and his first basic attack will cause him to leap. Lasts (Long Duration) or until Rengar uses an ability/leaps.

After a few seconds, Rengar may choose to reactivate Thrill of the Hunt to enter Stalk.

Stalk: Rengar loses all bonus movement speed from Thrill of the Hunt, but enters Stealth. Lasts (Shorter Duration) or until Rengar takes offensive action.

If i can clarify more, let me know. The basics are that Rengar players get to choose which is best for the situation - to Speedcat for a chase or cleanup? or Stealthcat for an ambush or otherwise awesome juke? I'm excited about this version because it has a lot of flexibility in what Rengar can do throughout the game (by retaining Higher % MS than is on live via Hunt, but retaining the Stealth Ambush in Stalk) but doesn't let you just hit R and run without being smart about it.

Bonus Question!- Consuming Ferocity on cast is still something i want to do, but i'd want to find a better bonus you get for 'Empowering' your Ultimate rather than duration. Suggestions? I anticipate a lot of '+Damage and +Stealth' time, but i'm open to hearing what you guys have to say.

Let me know what you guys think, and sorry for the delay!
I utterly love this.

As for the bonus question, as much as I want more AD or Stealth time, that doesn't give an entertaining utility for him. Sure, with the +Stealth time, we can pretty much extend the time on the ult but that isn't quite as interesting as a possible new mechanic. I did think of increasing the range of Rengar's leap, but threw that out due to it being quite unfair to the one on the other end.

Ferocity Consume:
Honestly, I did like the defense buff Rengar used to get from his W. Perhaps +5 AR/MR for every Ferocity point he consumes, which lasts until a determined amount of time in battle? It's less than what he got for Battle Roar to begin with and it adds just a smidge of survivability. Jump in with 1-3 seconds of temporary defenses can be neat.

Although I am really liking Tibber's idea here...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibbers Bot View Post
Consumed ferocity adds:
Rank 1 - 200/400/600/800/1000 vision
Rank 2 - 10/20/30/40/50% speed bonus (bonus to the speed already granted, so +50% would be 15 extra ms if you would gain 30), this speed bonus carries over into stalk.
Rank 3 - .2/.4/.6/.8/1.0 second fear on Rengar's target.

Amariithynar

08-25-2013

Hey, Scarizard... How about when he consumes Ferocity stacks, he gets 0.5-1 seconds * ferocity consumed seconds of stuns changed to roots, roots changed to slows, and slows negated? Call it Feline Agility- Those damn cats are always hard to get a grip on, so descaling CC would make it easier for him to get away, or to get an immediate advantage if he needs it if he gets right into the middle of a fight and doesn't need rocketcat or stealth functionality, giving him a use case for it even when he's up close and personal right away.

I still like the idea of increased duration though, so if nothing else, keep that idea. Would be nice if Cateye stuck around for the full duration, even if you jump early, btw.

Zenmetsu Saseru

08-25-2013

That seems a bit too terrifying. It's also a somewhat similar to how his leap mechanic worked originally, which pissed off Lux players (I feel they are the reason why he doesn't leap while rooted anymore, the wimps). As entertaining the idea would be for the enemy to have to actually react differently to their typical strategy, that might change game-play too much. Not that I don't like the idea. Adding Tenacity would be a good alternate for what you want.

BlueRoseleader

08-25-2013

Still slightly concerned about no ms on his stealth, and only 5 seconds on the stealth seems a little skimpy since he, you know is an assassin and supposed to pick a target out and run. but at least he has his stealth and i can see it working, i have had problems of the stealth running out b4 i got to my opponent, so i can see it. Good work Scarizard

Okamiden

08-25-2013

I still think that adding tenacity on his W instead of the ad reduction would be better. 10% Tenacity + 5% for every champ hit for 3 seconds or something. I mean the ad reduction is just terrible in my opinion.

Onitok

08-25-2013

Please dont remove his stealth and please dont take the "Focus" v/o out

DreamsOfGrandeur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
Bonus Question!- Consuming Ferocity on cast is still something i want to do, but i'd want to find a better bonus you get for 'Empowering' your Ultimate rather than duration. Suggestions? I anticipate a lot of '+Damage and +Stealth' time, but i'm open to hearing what you guys have to say.
Adding a stun/fear with ferocity-based duration onto the leap to simulate a serious POUNCE onto your prey.

1 Ferocity: 0.2 second stun/fear
2 Ferocity: 0.4 second stun/fear
3: 0.6 second
4: 0.8 second
5: 1 seconds

But, an extra later of CC would probably too powerful
More duration on MS and Stealth would probably be the most consistent boost.

ferofi

08-25-2013

The new Rengar sounds really fun, and promotes much more skillful play. I think perhaps a fair reward for consuming ferocity on activation of Thrill of the Hunt would be to reduce the wait time to be able to activate Stalk. Decreasing further perhaps even almost entirely with full Ferocity. This doesn't add any actual power to Rengar and doesn't make players want to always have full Ferocity but can still be very useful under the right circumstances.

Servantofthe99

08-25-2013

Scarizard can we please please have some sort of toggle or option to leave the IR vision and sounds on?