A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eisenkrieger

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-24-2013

Have you done any additional tweaking of Rengar's E Scarizard?

Okamiden

08-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archadion View Post
you just need to tap E before you R.
I love the optional global voiceover, but E's possibly a skillshot now. Minor suggestion to just hold down R for the global voiceover. (I remember days of Robot Amumu's global laugh. Those were days of nightmares. Nightmares that Noct's global ult couldn't compare to, and he's nightmare incarnate.)

Troy242621

08-24-2013

I'm holding judgement until it is released, but I have mained Jungle Rengar ALMOST since I started playing. It may very well be time for me to look for a new jungle assassin out there,....

To be fair, I haven't play tested it, and I could be completely wrong. That being said, ACCORDING TO HOW THEY'RE CHANGING HIM, they don't want him to play like a stealthy assassin hunter. It just,...It won't be Rengar,....I have his skin and everything, Riot D;.

On topic, damage isn't an issue on Rengar, or at least it wasn't, depending on how badly you nerfed it. Stealth duration increase would always be nice. Also, is Rengar's late game going to be buffed? Seems like you are nerfing his early game.

NVDax

08-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
Hey dudes, sorry for going mostly silent this week - had a lot to get done and i don't like to post when i know i won't have time to follow up with y'all (this is why last week's post came on a Friday evening so i had all weekend to keep talking)

So i'm likely going to format this horrendously because i'm at home and don't have a screencap of the tooltip, but here's the new idea for Rengar's ultimate:

Thrill of the Hunt

Hunt: Rengar activates his Predatory instincts, gaining % movement speed and vision of all nearby enemy champions. During this time, Rengar also generates up to 5 Ferocity and his first basic attack will cause him to leap. Lasts (Long Duration) or until Rengar uses an ability/leaps.

After a few seconds, Rengar may choose to reactivate Thrill of the Hunt to enter Stalk.

Stalk: Rengar loses all bonus movement speed from Thrill of the Hunt, but enters Stealth. Lasts (Shorter Duration) or until Rengar takes offensive action.

If i can clarify more, let me know. The basics are that Rengar players get to choose which is best for the situation - to Speedcat for a chase or cleanup? or Stealthcat for an ambush or otherwise awesome juke? I'm excited about this version because it has a lot of flexibility in what Rengar can do throughout the game (by retaining Higher % MS than is on live via Hunt, but retaining the Stealth Ambush in Stalk) but doesn't let you just hit R and run without being smart about it.

Bonus Question!- Consuming Ferocity on cast is still something i want to do, but i'd want to find a better bonus you get for 'Empowering' your Ultimate rather than duration. Suggestions? I anticipate a lot of '+Damage and +Stealth' time, but i'm open to hearing what you guys have to say.

Let me know what you guys think, and sorry for the delay!
Dear god thank you, this looks so much better then the previous one.

Toru Itai

08-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Frog View Post
Thrill of the Hunt Ferocity Bonus: Rengar's next attack marks a single target. Upon killing the target, Rengar becomes stealthed for X seconds per Ferocity charge consumed.
this would be amazing, something like .2 secs per point consumed...this would actualy let him get into a fight then have a chance to get out, but only if he was succesful. and sence he can't actualy burst someone anymore he would be really low on hp after he killed someone so this'd fix his lack of slipperiness in team fights. at the same time, because it's a max of 1second stelth, if the enemy really wants him dead he won't be too far by the time it's over. this would give rengar players more insentive to actualy join in on team fights, instead of avoiding them in favor of split pushing.

Psykohamster

08-24-2013

How about ferocity on ult activation increases "hunter vision" range, the distance you can leap for your first attack, the rate at which you generate ferocity/can enter stealth, or decrease the effectiveness of CC on you (so its easier to use your ult fully).

Wispilicus

08-24-2013

An idea for ult consuming ferocity stacks on use.
1 Ferocity: Dmg taken reduced by x% for 5 seconds after next attack or offensive ability.
2 Ferocity: Spd increased by x " "
3 Ferocity: Dmg dealt increased by x% " "
4 Ferocity: Your next ability will generate 1 extra ferocity
5 Ferocity: Killing an enemy within 5 seconds after ult ends will give you 1 extra bonetooth stack/ extra gold.

And i was thinking each point would be cumulative, where you get the previous bonuses as well for whatever ferocity stack you are at when its consumed. So u get a little something for having a little ferocity ready, and get the most for having max.

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

08-24-2013
60 of 81 Riot Posts

I am super excited about this iteration!

Evelynn Butt

08-24-2013

Scarizard I have a crazy idea for empowered R and I think it is probably awful but if I don't say it I will never be free.

Empowered R: When used at full Ferocity, enemy towers and creeps do not consider Rengar hostile until he attacks an enemy.

Raiyn

08-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
I am super excited about this iteration!

OH great now its going to be bad.

GO AWAY BUG

Kha zix is NOT WELCOME here.

SHOO we will collect your head later on.