A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pirulin parao

08-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
I was really skeptical about these changes. In particular, when I saw them on paper, I didn't like the change to a skill-shot on E or the stealth removal on R.

... then at Scarizard and Wav3break's insistence, I actually played it. It worked really well. I didn't realize until after the game how little I missed the stealth. In fact, most cases where I would have used the stealth to escape - I could simply outrun the enemy.

Similarly, in cases where I would normally try to use my ult to stealth & run, but it would fail on live, due to never getting the "stealth" effect off, I occasionally survived.

The skillshot version actually made me a *better* player. People couldn't vision juke me into brush - I bola shot them blindly. The skill shot also makes me more dangerous in ganks - the range is far better than on live.

I acknowledge the validity of your skepticism, but as a veteran Rengar player, I didn't realize how little I appreciated the stealth until I was sprinting around the map without the need to use it.
If you are removing the triple Q, stealth and changing his E into a skillshot you shouldnt nerf any damage... or instead give rengar a stronger ferocity from ult like red fury that has special effects but just the ferocity from ult for example empowered "w" from ult should have aoe fear plus the debuff ad or something like that...

hoxE

08-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirulin parao View Post
If you are removing the triple Q, stealth and changing his E into a skillshot you shouldnt nerf any damage... or instead give rengar a stronger ferocity from ult like red fury that has special effects but just the ferocity from ult for example empowered "w" from ult should have aoe fear plus the debuff ad or something like that...
His W and E both are getting increased damage and lower cooldown, so I wouldn't look at it as he's getting any nerf in overall damage.

Ripperz00

08-23-2013

yo

DeathByAnts

08-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripperz00 View Post
yo
good post +1

Groggimus Prime

08-23-2013

I saved for days to get Rengar and I personally thought he was too situational. The best place for Rengar was ARAM because of the abundant amount of bushes for him to leap from.

Not being able to lane properly with him made me refund him and that sucks, I'd like to get him again because I love his skills and have an affinity towards stab happy melee champs lol.

Mânël

08-23-2013

People, Scarizard, i know that im a bit late and i dont know if you are still arround in this post but i got this idea and i would like it to have some feedback on it.
When playing viktor i wonder what would Rengar do if bonetooth necklace worked that way too
Some were speaking about increase movespeed when on bush, others were talking that they dont wanted to lose rengar damage output and let rengar become an offtank/fighter
What would happen if appart from buying bonetooth necklace from machete you could upgrade it into different things that enhance rengar's midgame and late game.
Make it an upgrade would prevent rengar from crushing early game, but will make it a key complement to rengar's playstile.
For example, we could have the Stalker's Necklace that increase Rengar's movespeed when he is on a bush and undetecter. Or the Butcher's Necklace that enhances his damage output. Things like that. Things that give more options to rengar and prevent him from crushing early game.
The original passive of bonetooth necklace will remain , it will add just this perks that makes rengar a different kind of predator in the field.
Im sorry if i shouldt post this, Im sorry for the spelling mistakes and im sorry if the idea is not well recieved. I hope i get a nice feedback from you guys!

tyt921

08-23-2013

another olaf nerf. my god rito, why do you do this? i want to use rp and buy rengar and his skins, but now im not going to

Hellpyre

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-23-2013

Why do people keep saying Triple-Q is removed. None of the changes suggest that at all.

X1zz3l

08-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellpyre View Post
Why do people keep saying Triple-Q is removed. None of the changes suggest that at all.
Ult will most likely consume fero atm

= no tripple Q

RakshirX

08-23-2013

How about it Scarz, can you toss us a more recent update? Been a while. Let us know what's in the works.