A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lunar Lightning

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-21-2013

i just hope that u dont destroy him

Notalent

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontChangeRengar View Post
As promised, this is Viktors E refer to my post on page 332 about how Rengar's E could function similar to this

(however it would not change direction but rather be in a straight line)
Vector Targeting really doesn't work for anything that's blocked by minions, and that seems to be a major goal of Scarizard's changes to Rengar's E

Edit: I'd actually love if they gave Rengar's E vector targeting and let it ignore minions or pierce but that will never happen unless they reduce the damage back down to garbage levels, and since E is apparently where they shifted all the Q damage, that probably won't happen.

Lunar Lightning

08-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notalent View Post
Kayle and Ryze were both recently top tournament picks, to the point that both had to be nerfed within the last 4-6 months. Karma actually has seen more play in tournaments post rework then she ever saw before it. None of those were failures despite the itty bitty tiny whinny karma community pretending otherwise. Leblanc is in a weird spot because shes definitely a more fluid character, but her numbers are a bit low and are due for buffs.

I normally don't dislike riot reworks, but Rengar is different. Riot has no ****ing clue what they want from him, they have had a low burst tank rengar before...and they didn't like it. They had a team fight rengar with relatively low single target damage before...and they didn't like it. Now we have an assassin rengar who has a terrible team fight but can gib a single person...and they still don't like it.

Rengar is running out of niches to fill, hes filled three already and now riots trying to shoe horn him into a forth one while not letting him have any of his old strengths back.
ya i agree with you here he is useful as is if this rework ends up nerfing him at all i think he will be in olafville

DontChangeRengar

08-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notalent View Post
Vector Targeting really doesn't work for anything that's blocked by minions, and that seems to be a major goal of Scarizard's changes to Rengar's E
I'm not sure I understood you fully, but to just clarify what I actually meant

Both the proposed changes of Bola would exist with this method

You could use the small target area to hit a champion behind a creep for current or less damage

The skill shot can still be used if the target is inside the target area to have the increased slow and damage.

It just allows both verions to exist without really breaking anything. making which one to use a matter of choice, Rengar is a prideful hunter, he should never miss a close target

Notalent

08-21-2013

Quote:
I'm not sure I understood you fully, but to just clarify what I actually meant

Both the proposed changes of Bola would exist with this method

You could use the small target area to hit a champion behind a creep for current or less damage

The skill shot can still be used if the target is inside the target area to have the increased slow and damage.

It just allows both verions to exist without really breaking anything. making which one to use a matter of choice, Rengar is a prideful hunter, he should never miss a close target
Not sure that's programmable...at all. Like I'm pretty sure what your asking isn't possible within Riots engine unless they coded it to be two different skills with some kind of swap over for using the long range or short range versions.

Edit: Interesting idea perhaps for your idea to function, Rengar's E acts like Varus Q a bit. Activate ability and rengar begins to swing his boa, if used within 2 seconds its short ranged, does low damage, and applies a light slow. If you let it channel for two seconds it becomes a long range vector targeted ability that does relatively high damage, and roots the target in place, this version can however be blocked by minions.

Ferocity version, damage increased low range version roots, high range version stuns, ferocity version of the vector targeted E also pierces minions but loses 20% damage per minion hit to a minimum of 40% damage.

DontChangeRengar

08-21-2013

SCARIZARD! final version of my idea! please have a look!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg rengarviktor.jpg (651.9 KB, 94 views)

Talohmiir

08-21-2013

Quote:
SCARIZARD! final version of my idea! please have a look!
I happen to like this idea, however, although I think the outer distance is good, I think that they inner autolock distance maybe a little large. I am a Rengar main and would like to see this picture be the base cuz I like both, but for balance reasons I would say the autolock distance should be a bit smaller. Good thinking tho, hadn't thought of this yet.

Chaos1x

08-21-2013

PLEASE KEEP STEALTH THE ONLY REASON MANY OF US BOUGHT HIM AND HES SKIN IS BECAUSE OF IT. Its what made us fall in love with rengar, its hes "trade mark". I love how scared people get when they are low hp because they KNOW rengar may or may not eat their face off.

Please think about how the majority feel about the champion we love, by changing the stealth you are KILLING THE CHAMPION, We dont care how good he is ( to a point ) i would rather he be slightly worse and have the stealth then he the best character in the game with out it. RENGAR IS STEALTH, its one of the MAIN things about hes ULT, hes most powerful skill, hes moment to shine.

THIS IS A GAME, A GAME 99% OF US PLAY FOR FUN, DOES THAT MAKE SENSE? WE PLAY FOR FUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Rengars stealth is the funnest thing about him.

Dont kill my champ. nerf or buff him but please keep who he is in tact.

Talohmiir

08-21-2013

^^ Scarizard said he's working on a way to keep the stealth still, he sees that we all want it to stay and is hopefully going to keep it in one way or another.

DontChangeRengar

08-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talohmiir View Post
I happen to like this idea, however, although I think the outer distance is good, I think that they inner autolock distance maybe a little large. I am a Rengar main and would like to see this picture be the base cuz I like both, but for balance reasons I would say the autolock distance should be a bit smaller. Good thinking tho, hadn't thought of this yet.
Aye, yes that is not actually Rengar's current Bola range but rather Viktors E laser range, which as you can see is a little bigger than Rengar's Bola Strike.

This is just me doing a bad photo-shop job to paint a picture, so to speak, Rengar was pasted over Viktor. Sorry for the confusion.