A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nefar1ous

08-18-2013

I really like the direction. I 100% approve of all the changes. Stealth is a gimmicky mechanic, and I appreciate that you removed it from Rengar. As someone who used to play rengar all the time, im glad that his E is now a skillshot, and also that you reduced his burst which was really annoying to fight against.

Call Me Khal

08-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieBroDonnell View Post
So allow the bola to hit everyone in a line, not just the first person. sounds good
Keep in mind this would only be for minions.
It would still hit the first champion, regardless of who you wanted to get Bola'd.

RosieBroDonnell

08-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kChampZ View Post
It would still hit the first champion, regardless of who you wanted to get Bola'd.
k i get ya

RosieBroDonnell

08-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kChampZ View Post
This could also work well on his clear for jungle creeps, b/c he can hit multiple even with the reduced dmg

Five Greats

08-18-2013

Well even though I am in the middle of reading all the post I would like to say rengarby far has my favorite design theme behind it in LOL. His character just screams BA and I love to listen to Monster by skillet while playing him. Anyhow point is,

I was wondering since it seems the way people (riot) wan to by balancing rengar is intergrating his bonetooth necklace and making it an essential item into his mechanics why not copy victor's setup? I know we all want something new and unique however I would like to point out as mentioned earlier, Rengar with his kit is already in a unique space and depite the fact nobody builds Bonetooth he is still played a lot at least in normal and by myself. For I believe he is fun and enjoyable and is a character I am willing to put hours upon hours of frustration into playing just because well, he rocks and he is a big bad kitty. The Big Bad Wolf don't got nothing on Knife-cat.

Anyhow point im making is why not make bonetooth build out of machete, yes but then on top of that be given three different paths that it can be upgraded to like victors item? Each one then could benefit his ferocity empowered abilities makin the timing of those ll the more powerful so it rewards smart play. Also I know you would like a snowball item but why not add some unique scaling features like for every large minion, champion, etc it might get an additional AD, Mr or something. Not saying it has to be that but why not something LIKE it. Kinda a combo between victor and nasus. Im sure if you scale it towards jungling creeps it would greatly improve his jungling and make him a far more profitable pick.

just a forethought and im probally far too late to be even bringing it up but would just like to throw it out there.

first time logged into forums too high everybody!

MobiIe Ward

08-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefar1ous View Post
I really like the direction. I 100% approve of all the changes. Stealth is a gimmicky mechanic, and I appreciate that you removed it from Rengar. As someone who used to play rengar all the time, im glad that his E is now a skillshot, and also that you reduced his burst which was really annoying to fight against.
if u r glad that his e is a skillshot u didnt know how to play rengar.

IS1446deaec4df9c0c6e94a

08-18-2013

I was thinking about the ult, and I have a suggestion.

Dont know if anyone has already done this kind of suggestion cuz srsly i couldnt read all posts, but, here it goes:

What if Thrill of The Hunt made Rengar invisible while he is in a bush, and for 4 seconds after leaving that bush. Entering on a new bush would refresh the effect, keeping you on stealth. This way, you could ward for him - but you should ward some weird spots like when playing vs rammus or hecarim. And would be SO COOL as Rengar to premeditate your gank, walk on a bush, then hide on the other so your prey cant see you and wait for the correct opportunity.

Taint Misbehavin

08-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieBroDonnell View Post
So allow the bola to hit everyone in a line, not just the first person. sounds good
except that is retarded. have you ever thrown/seen a real bola? it's made to entangle the target it hits. realistically, a bola could never hit multiple targets, much less pass through them. if that mechanic is what you desire, then you would need to change it thematically as well, because it would no longer be a bola. that's like taking Caitlyn's net and having it pass through multiple enemies. makes no sense thematically.

lightdragoon88

08-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
There are a lot of reasons i can't show you videos of playtests - ones that i know of consist of the fact that we rarely -if ever- playtest singular test-subjects. Often times this includes an upcoming rework, visual update, patch balance changes (in which case we have many more variables) or a new champion altogether. Not to mention new particles, items in the shop, etc.

And that's just the reasons i can think of pertaining to Game Design. Lord knows there are tons of potential Legal concerns and other stuff i haven't even been introduced to, but showing you a video of our playtest is kind of off the table. Please stop spamming the same thing over and over D: it's not really a good way to help a discussion at all.

I was only going to repost it every 10 or so pages. Trust me when I say I didn't want people posting it every 10 post.

But thank you for giving us the reason why it impossible to give us a video.

NA Darklarik

08-18-2013

For those wanting to read Scarizard hidden posts, go to pages Pgs(220, 223, 243, 271, 272, 289, 291)