A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tr3AL

08-18-2013

why are you completely changing rengar with a jungler focus in mind... nobody even **&^&*^^* plays him in the jngle.. you just butchered his bonetooth as well and pigeonholed it into a stupid jungle item.. thanks for destroying a good champ bud... dota2 here i come

Pretorix

08-18-2013

@Riot: With the changes to Battle Roar (W) being AD reduction and damage as opposed to Arm/MR Buff and damage will we be able to stack a normal and Empowered Battle Roar? On live they currently do not stack meanwhile Savagery(Q) and Bola Strike(E) do. Personally I feel you SHOULD be able to stack them. The heal is nice but it'll help counter the ADC / AD assassin meta we're currently experiencing.

Daedälus

08-18-2013

why do they even ask for feedback if they aren't going to listen to us WE DON'T WANT YOU TO REMOVE THE STEALTH!!!!! Period at all don't screw this up...

RosieBroDonnell

08-18-2013

bump

lightdragoon88

08-18-2013

Once again I have to ask you this:

SHOW US VIDEOS!!!!!

Just saying this feel better or I made good plays without the stealth means nothing to us who can see nothing on it.

If you want better feedback from us: Give us actual videos of this stealthless Rengar being played so that we have a better understand of what he is now and how he plays now.

Just as Xelnath was skeptical until he saw and tried it out: We here will remain skeptical until we too can see and/or try it.

So please: Show us videos of a play test.

And yes: I will be repeating this again and again until you give us a play video or a reason why you won't.

sumeet11

08-18-2013

what riot should really DO-make rengar stealth except he cant leap he can only walk up t you and use aa or use his bola from a distance. PROBLEM SOLVED. Counterplay-oracles where he can be seen walking straight up to you. You like that riot? Ya high voice bastards.

Scarizard

Live Balance Designer

08-18-2013

Hey y'all -

I've made a couple posts (4-5?) since the final Xelnath post on Dev Tracker, but it seems there's a bug with the forum currently where they aren't showing up in the Dev Tracker or as 'Next Riot' posts you can search to. I'm going to dig them back up and probably add them to the main post for now, since they cover some issues i think are important (Why i think Eve type stealth isn't appropriate, why i think semi-transparency isn't an answer, and how i'm trying a version of the ult that retains stealth).

You're all entitled to/should keep posting your feedback, but in the interest of answering those which i've already covered and to show you guys that i'm not like 100% trying to remove stealth here, i'll dredge them up and put them on the front page. Be sure to refresh or check back in 10m or so on the front page, i'll make a note of it there as well!

Eisenkrieger

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-18-2013

Thanks for this post Scarizard. I know you're trying your hardest to make Rengar playable in both top lane and the jungle.

I've seen it suggested a little bit but have you thought about changing Rengar's stealth mechanic to like the SC2 stealth mechanic? Like you can see distortions on the screen to indicate movement but he's untargetable during that time and doesn't show up on the minimap?

Also, I really want to ask you to keep pushing for keeping Rengar's Bola as a targeted nuke. It's Rengar's only real way to lane against people like Ryze or Elise without getting completely forced out of lane.

FurryKittenSoup

08-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightdragoon88 View Post

SHOW US VIDEOS!!!!!

Just saying this feel better or I made good plays without the stealth means nothing to us who can see nothing on it.

If you want better feedback from us: Give us actual videos of this stealthless Rengar being played so that we have a better understand of what he is now and how he plays now.

Just as Xelnath was skeptical until he saw and tried it out: We here will remain skeptical until we too can see and/or try it.

And yes: I will be repeating this again and again until you give us a play video or a reason why you won't.

SHOW US VIDEOS!!!!!

lightdragoon88

08-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
Hey y'all -

I've made a couple posts (4-5?) since the final one on Redtracker, but it seems there's a bug with the forum currently where they aren't showing up. I'm going to dig them back up and probably add them to the main post for now, since they cover some issues i think are important (Why i think Eve type stealth isn't appropriate, why i think semi-transparency isn't an answer, and how i'm trying a version of the ult that retains stealth).

You're all entitled to/should keep posting your feedback, but in the interest of answering those which i've already covered and to show you guys that i'm like 100% trying to remove stealth here, i'll dredge them up and put them on the front page. Be sure to refresh or check back in 10m or so on the front page, i'll make a note of it there as well!

Yeah I notice that too.

Hope the Dev Tracker is fixed soon.