A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Muggshott

08-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talohmiir View Post
Thanks for replying man. It's pretty cool to actually talk to the people that are behind the game, not many companies are this responsive and involved with their fans. Means alot to all of us.
Seconded.

Xeiom

08-18-2013

In the current iteration without stealth on his ultimate.

Does he keep his "predator vision" the entire duration even after he does a leap?

I can imagine his vision for a full 7 seconds to be considerably more useful than a single stealth attack or a stealth escape.

I suppose its worth noting that many people consider him the LoL version of Predator from the movie franchise but I've never really considered him a carbon copy. I've always felt he was a superior hunter rather than superior hide and seek champion so I'm not too pessimistic toward the stealth removal if he's picking up better predator utility!

Attilian

08-18-2013

These changes absolutely kill Rengar to me. Rengar is the Predator to me. Taking the Stealth off of his Ult just kills all fantasy and honestly, kills the champion to me...Also, everything you're doing seems to be shoving him in the Jungle. I love playing him Top lane and always have. Its just absolutely silly that you guys are willing to kill of such a great character concept for the sake of "balance"

Talohmiir

08-18-2013

If stealth is gone and the MS is really how it sounds, I'm sure I'll be happy with it. I take Ghost instead of Flash and use it when I ult to catch those fleeing squishies. Now I can take flash for those jukes and mobility escapes in jungle without haveing to give up my predatory speed. WINNING!

Corvic Maractis

08-18-2013

So @Scarizard if you were to take the stealth away why not give him a more unique ultimate than just movespeed? As i had stated before what is your thought on having it so after he first attacks with his ult (the jump) he has 5~15 seconds of being able to continually jump to an enemy as he has now lost the movespeed? This allows him to be one of the few "Anti-Escape" champions. This also allows for him to be better at chasing than just him running up and them flashing and the gank was useless.

Acataphasia

08-18-2013

I believe most rengar mains would rather you just leave him as is. He is rewarding to learn and master, but whatever if some people whine because they die due to feeding rengar and he gets "reworked" can you guys at least just flat out saying your nerfing him? Even if these changes make him better It will only be due to numbers and not uniqueness which is what he is now and most of us like him as is. I feel you guys are getting most of your feedback for people playing against rengar people saying something like "yea I like the rengar rework he doesnt kill me anymore" I just hope you guys just decide to abandon this "rework" look at karma-garbage, sejuani-broken due to numbers, If any of this "rework" changes go through Im going to sadly drop rengar from my champ pool. plz riot leave him how he is. Uniqueness is what makes the champion fun/good.

Yasuhiko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-18-2013

Scarizard, remember that for every hater there are dozens of us who feel that what you're doing is awesome

As for the removal of stealth, I'm very interested in that change. I played Rengar a bit on release but since I'm not really a top/jungler, I didn't keep on it. However, when I DID play him, I loved the stabcat and rocketcat aspects more than the stalkcat. Even with the loss of the psych elements of stealth, skillshot bolas sounds like it more than makes up for it. Can't wait to destroy this new Rengar in teamfights

Edit: Someone above mentioned keeping predator vision for the full duration. I think that that's a large part of the stalker-fantasy. Even as Rengar has decided to tackle one prey, I'm sure he's keeping tabs on his next victim.

Edit 2: What about Empowered Bolas giving Rengar 1-2 seconds of stealth instead of straight immobilizing? Might be an interesting choice/counterplay mechanic as now he has a harder gap closer, but less CC. Maybe add a secondary slow that's applied when Rengar lands on top of the target, stacking additively (so you can really slow one target or hop onto a second)? I'm trying to imagine how that fits into his theming but it might be one way to keep the stealth elements that people clamor for.

Talohmiir

08-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvic Maractis View Post
So @Scarizard if you were to take the stealth away why not give him a more unique ultimate than just movespeed? As i had stated before what is your thought on having it so after he first attacks with his ult (the jump) he has 5~15 seconds of being able to continually jump to an enemy as he has now lost the movespeed? This allows him to be one of the few "Anti-Escape" champions. This also allows for him to be better at chasing than just him running up and them flashing and the gank was useless.
I think this would be fun, leaping from one enemy to another in a team fight, like a still-visible Alpha Strike thingy. It would be fun top lane because you could leap onto an enemy champ, then to a minion, to the champ again, and back to a minion to drop their health and piss them off. It would also make chasing through the jungle great as well, on top of how fun it is all ready. I know the ult still has the heat-vision, ferocity build, and now better MS, but I agree it would be nice to have that last little thing to replace his stealth that made him POP and made everyone forget about his stealth being lost.

MobiIe Ward

08-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
This is me responding to you. My last two posts have detailed how i understand the frustration and anger about Rengar's loss of identity tied to the loss of stealth. In both of these posts, i mention that i am working to implement a version of the ultimate that retains stealth, but works together with the current implementation to give players choice of fast and ruthless, or slow and steady.

You're entitled to be mad, and as long as you're being constructive i 100% welcome it.
Fair enough. But YOU HAVE TO CHANGE BONETOOTH NECKLACE! IT HAS TO GIVE DAMAGE!

The current Bonetooth design you have is a giant waste of space. It gives barely any damage, and all it does is give movement speed when the ult gives movement speed...

Yasuhiko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurryKittenSoup View Post
Fair enough. But YOU HAVE TO CHANGE BONETOOTH NECKLACE! IT HAS TO GIVE DAMAGE!

The current Bonetooth design you have is a giant waste of space. It gives barely any damage, and all it does is give movement speed when the ult gives movement speed...
If you truly read his posts, you'd remember that he can easily add damage; they aren't at the numbers tuning stage yet >.>