A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZeroAgainst

08-17-2013

who said old eve was op remember release xin never forget

Erebusmaster

08-17-2013

I'm a huge fan of Rengar, and recently I bought the Headhunter Rengar skin because it looks totally amazing. That being said, I'm a bit afraid that these Rengar changes that have been proposed will remove the really awesome effects on the skin, especially his ultimate. I love how he glows gold in such unique way, but I'm afraid that if they remove his stealth it will change that. Would it be possible to maintain an effect like that on his ultimate if it is changed, or at least replace it with some equally stunning visuals?

lightdragoon88

08-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erebusmaster View Post
I'm a huge fan of Rengar, and recently I bought the Headhunter Rengar skin because it looks totally amazing. That being said, I'm a bit afraid that these Rengar changes that have been proposed will remove the really awesome effects on the skin, especially his ultimate. I love how he glows gold in such unique way, but I'm afraid that if they remove his stealth it will change that. Would it be possible to maintain an effect like that on his ultimate if it is changed, or at least replace it with some equally stunning visuals?

I think that is possible since they need a visual of him being in ult or not.

Zenmetsu Saseru

08-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
... then at Scarizard and Wav3break's insistence, I actually played it. It worked really well. I didn't realize until after the game how little I missed the stealth...
Only because of the stealth delay being greater than .25 seconds and the 3 second delay while under attack. But what would I know?

Other than that, will Rengar have a new animation for the boost in movement speed? Perhaps just running on all fours?

MobiIe Ward

08-17-2013

I kinda want to see what this looks like. But I don't see it viable in a teamfight. He's basically Master Yi with less damage and more vulnerability.

Butter Bottoms

08-17-2013

Scarizard is on this project, well I guess Reng is doomed to fail
RIP in peace Rengar 2012-2013

ZeroAgainst

08-17-2013

WAIT i just realized there nerfing rengar and there already a bug where the hunt is own where he cant win
even if he kills kha zix but kha zix still wins if gets the kill ...

MobiIe Ward

08-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenmetsu Saseru View Post
Only because of the stealth delay being greater than .25 seconds and the 3 second delay while under attack. But what would I know?

Other than that, will Rengar have a new animation for the boost in movement speed? Perhaps just running on all fours?
That can't happen. Not only does he have weapons in his hands, he has to attack with them while running on all fours. Attacking super fast while running would mean alternating the running and the attack animation super fast and that would just look weird.

Zenmetsu Saseru

08-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurryKittenSoup View Post
That can't happen. Not only does he have weapons in his hands, he has to attack with them while running on all fours. Attacking super fast while running would mean alternating the running and the attack animation super fast and that would just look weird.
Fair enough.

Oh, forgot this: What about the CDR from Bonetooth? Is that tossed entirely, or will we have that back on chance?

Outshine

08-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
I was really skeptical about these changes. In particular, when I saw them on paper, I didn't like the change to a skill-shot on E or the stealth removal on R.

... then at Scarizard and Wav3break's insistence, I actually played it. It worked really well. I didn't realize until after the game how little I missed the stealth. In fact, most cases where I would have used the stealth to escape - I could simply outrun the enemy.

Similarly, in cases where I would normally try to use my ult to stealth & run, but it would fail on live, due to never getting the "stealth" effect off, I occasionally survived.

The skillshot version actually made me a *better* player. People couldn't vision juke me into brush - I bola shot them blindly. The skill shot also makes me more dangerous in ganks - the range is far better than on live.

I acknowledge the validity of your skepticism, but as a veteran Rengar player, I didn't realize how little I appreciated the stealth until I was sprinting around the map without the need to use it.

Just as expected.
You guys ****ING up another one of my favorite champs.
If it happens I quit im dead serious