A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tduro112

08-17-2013

I hope Scarizard notices such an explosive response to Rengar's ult nerf and actually does something about it.

RosieBroDonnell

08-17-2013

These changes are awful, im sorry to say. Why should i pick rengar jungle when i can pick eve jungle. AT LEAST give him his stealth back. It makes people have to pink ward like they do with eve, who can probably run in just as fast as he can, but she still has the invisibility. Top Rengar sucks now. Maxing E sucks ass cuz youll never hit it in lane against anyone thats above Bronze 5. Jumping into a fight to assassinate the adc is stupid now that W no longer gives armor/mr stats. Why would i care about lowering their attack damage if my whole purpose is to kill them? It makes him that much easier to kill now, especially if you have proper ward placement you can always see him coming. As a jungler, there is nothing that makes him as good as eve or hecarim in ganking and i doubt that rengar even clears faster. Revert the changes, just change bonetooth necklace to what your changing it to.

BlueRoseleader

08-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladamphir View Post
Scarizard I think i might be on to something. Most people are upset because they identify Rengar's Ult (With Stealth) as a major identity of the predator theme which is 'Rengar'. So, instead of having the mechanic completely removed, have it something to be earned (Partially).

9 Stacks: Thrill of the Hunt gains, "Rengar is stealthed while in bushes or outside of champion vision range.

Or something to that effect. The point is, it can't be abused early because he has to get at least 9 stacks to use it, it gives bonetooth necklace a much larger inclination to buy, and it might in some small way satisfy the fans that rengar keeps his Predator-esqe theme.

Its not perfect but i imagine you clever champion designers could implement some version?
oh nice, having to get 9 kills with rengar without stealth, noone is considering the fact that without his stealth he can't get kills that easily because you walk around bushes -_-

I got downvoted for this comment earlier in this thread but ill say it again, i bought him because i wanted a cool stealth jungler, if you are taking that away from him just give me a refund and ill buy volibear.

lightdragoon88

08-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladamphir View Post
Scarizard I think i might be on to something. Most people are upset because they identify Rengar's Ult (With Stealth) as a major identity of the predator theme which is 'Rengar'. So, instead of having the mechanic completely removed, have it something to be earned (Partially).

9 Stacks: Thrill of the Hunt gains, "Rengar is stealthed while in bushes or outside of champion vision range.

Or something to that effect. The point is, it can't be abused early because he has to get at least 9 stacks to use it, it gives bonetooth necklace a much larger inclination to buy, and it might in some small way satisfy the fans that rengar keeps his Predator-esqe theme.

Its not perfect but i imagine you clever champion designers could implement some version?

Now this...I can really get behind. Make it feel like you earn the stealth and makes you appreciate it more.

Chaosos

08-17-2013

Does the AD reduction only work on monsters, or minions too?

Linna Excel

08-17-2013

Scarizard, while it'd be rare to get (overfed Rengar), doesn't the 14 stacks bonus kinda steal Nidalee's thunder?

Currymancer

08-17-2013

why the hell are you making bola strike a skillshot??? if you do this please give it some form of hard CC so rengar can be more viable in the jungle, like a snare then a stun if its ferocity stacked. wtf riot? seriously? also what the hell is up with the AD nerfs to bonetooth?

RosieBroDonnell

08-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Spoon Lord View Post
Well, I was considering buying Rengar as my next champ...
Lol and i just bought him. I loved it, too bad im outta refunds.

Croanin

08-17-2013

I never even build Bonetooth on Rengar, whenever I do I do awful and can never keep my stacks up. If their balancing him around a snowball item it's stupid.

lightdragoon88

08-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieBroDonnell View Post
Lol and i just bought him. I loved it, too bad im outta refunds.

Don't be like this so quick.

You may end up loving him and doing better with this Rengar.