A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mobilized Boat

08-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
We're sticking with the direction that Classick originally outlined in his post here (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...71487#37371487) -
From Classick's post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classick View Post
The main point to emphasize is that we're not trying to change Rengar's feel at all. What we do want to change is some of the not so appreciated components of Rengar that make him difficult to balance.
Well, there goes that. His feel is completely different now. He went from an assassin to yet another tanky dps. Like we don't have enough of those.

PSIrocin

08-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gespens View Post
**** guys i got it

Lower the MS and keep stealth gone. But lets keep the hunter/stalker aspect. He can detect the scent of champs and see their trail that they have left.

So say Rengar is by Dragon and he ults. If there was a champion there 15 seconds ago, he can see the scent trail. If the units get within range just outside of their normal 360 degree vision, he gets a full mark on them and can leap to them.
I'm pretty sure you are being facetious, but i would actually like a mechanic similar to that. It could work as a passive on Rengar, almost like the Twin Shadows item. This combined with some kind of marked target bonus would be a really awesome ability. It would neat if there was enemy going through the jungle and rengar sniffs him out, marks him then pounces on him with bonus damage or cc.

Also, Scarizard you mentioned a cool new run animation for his ultimate, what does it look like?

Masterm111

08-17-2013

The funny thing is that most people DON'T like The changes to Rengar's ulti, yet Riot is probably going to go with their stupid ideas yet again instead of looking at what people actually want. I counted 13 posts about the Rengar Rework and how he is basically dead and NOT RENGAR ANYMORE. Riot acts stupid on these things, thinking they know what people want, but for the most part they DONT. The Karma Rework was OK, but for this one you have gone too far riot, you are essentially taking away Rengar. I'm sorry if I sound a little bit irritated, but I am. Rengar is my main and really considering on changing maybe, even tho I have 176 ranked games with him. I am just losing the feeling of Rengar when I read these changes.

On another note, A NEW BLITZCRANK SKIN??? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU RIOT! iBlitzcrank Was just released!!
AND YET DIANA, YORICK, ZYRA, HIEMER, AND EVEN RENGAR ARE WAITING PATIENTLY for a new skin! Another reason why riot Doesn't care about what the community thinks they just go on with there own ideas. Some of them can be good, but for the most part this year so far is ****. Apparently we have to wait 2 months to get another champ. I just feel all hope lost for LoL.

Mobilized Boat

08-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterm111 View Post
I counted 13 posts about the Rengar Rework and how he is basically dead and NOT RENGAR ANYMORE.
There's way more than that!
30+

IonDragonX

08-17-2013

Quote:
So, be sure to let me know what y'all think about this version. When Rengar goes to PBE (SoonTM), this is likely very close to the one that i'll throw up for players to mess around with. A lot of your feedback has helped a ton in shaping the versions of Rengar in testing and lot of the conversations we've been having, so don't stop now!
I love the changes.

One suggestion I would like to relay (I'm not the source) is:

Can we get a leap to a target that was hit by Bola without being in brush? Could it be one of the bonuses from trophies on the BtN? It seems like a good thematic change, especially if you bullseye someone in a brush where you have vision of them.

Zelink

08-17-2013

This guy scharizard needs to stop messing with good champs honestly, he was the same guy who made this fcked up karma and had to constantly buff it for it to be effective even though her old play style was alot better than the current one we have.

Those look like some massive nerfs, i dont see where any of those changes make him tankier now that he does not get armour and mr from w again. Would u considering giving W a passive at active effect which gives him armour/ mr and on active reduces the Ad on champs around him because i see him getting instantly killed with these new changes.

IonDragonX

08-17-2013

Quote:
Again, i don't mean to spurn anyone - i'm just against any type of reaction that limits discussion. As for your thoughts on 'this kills lane Rengar' - why do you feel that way? I see that the changes can come off as more Jungle Rengar specifically because it's something i want to improve, but nothing in testing has shown that Top Rengar is any weaker at all outside of level 2 instagib cases. His W makes him take next to no minion damage and gives him great trading potential vs bruisers/assassins alike and while his E is no longer targeted, hitting it from a longer range is a great enabler - not to mention it's just as easy to hit once you've used brush to leap directly on to your target, dealing more damage and allowing you to wail on your opponent with Q's buffed AS%. That + buffs to health/health regen in the main post make me most excited to play him toplane, as a top-laner main specifically. I'd like more insight into why you feel Top Rengar suffers here?
People are making up hyperbolic reasons because they like smelly, smelly cheese, of course!

Keep the changes.

X1zz3l

08-17-2013

As an EUW Plat / Dia Rengar main, here are my thoughts on the changes
(http://www.lolking.net/summoner/euw/31055201#profile)

Most of them sound terrible
I'll just state my opinion on every change in short texts

Q:
Damage reduced, spamming ability increased

Sounds good, one of the best if not the best change just because it takes away the instagib problem and still grants Rengar great assassination and dueling power. The lost bonus as (if it's not re-added) on the Ferocity part will hurt his pushing but...meh it's still good.

W:
Removing the armor / mr and adding ad reduction instead sounds like a workaround to me.
This removes a HUGE part of his tankyness and increased base stats won't fix that. Additionally, you will have huge problems against AP junglers / tops.
If the damage gets increased by a good amount, this solution is decent but you could do better.
Personally, I rather think this change is meh.

E:
Making Bolastrike a skillshot is just completely dumb and shoves him even more into the jungle. No reliable poke? Blocked by creeps? Not even revealing? No thank you, one of the worst changes, and an increased ranged won't fix that at all.

R:
Predator -> Rengar
Rengar doesn't stealth anymore -> Not predator anymore

Who came up with this "brilliant" idea? This completely removes his uniqueness and makes his ult even more worthless. No sneaking up, no juke escaping, only a ghost...A FCKNG GHOST AS AN ULTIMATE
RIOT PLS, ARE YOU SERIOUS?
This is just dumb, if stealth is so toxic, why not remove it entirely? Eve without stealth is still great right? I mean she can run fast afterall...And Kha? He can jump, should be enough...

Seriously, if you really intend on doing this with his Ultimate, I need to consider to stop playing Rengar.

Bonetooth necklace:
Good for jungle clearing, bad in the rest. Cost in-effecient, nothing but a snowball tool which doesn't let you snowball. 800 gold and an itemslot for 28AD @ lvl 18 and MAYBE some mobility if you get kills / assists? Wow that's so....dumb... I don't even know.
Not to mention that this'll be a no-go on langar *sigh*

Conclusion / Tl;DR

Overall, Rengar won't be Rengar anymore, is that what you plan on doing? Didn't you say you want to keep the playstyle and feel? Yea right... I really trusted you Scarizard, I had hope but if this gets through...
Don't know what I'll do, maybe cry inside, a lot. Classick should've never passed this project to you, sorry for the hard words...

I'm open for getting my mindset changed (Aka testing on PBE) but I highly doubt that any of those features will feel like "Rengar".

(Talking about creativity and how the game becomes stale, perfect example imo...)

Sincerely, a disappointed Rengar player

Kazukira

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-17-2013

I dont get it ult no stealth, u just **** him up really badly he just a cat not a predator.

Well I may accept if hes ult stealth work like eve passive, visible when ur close to jump to the enemy and invisible out of jump range.

That maybe good

Roar

Phil Stone

08-17-2013

what have you done...
removing stealth.....................