A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kizuna

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-16-2013

Removing the stealth entirely is what makes Rengar iconic.

I don't want my job to be split pusher. Leave that to Yi and Heimerdinger.

Do you think Rengar has a predator skin because his stealth isn't what makes him, him?

Do you think ALL OF THE OBVIOUS PREDATOR INSPIRED AESTHETICS INCLUDING THE STEALTH CAMO ON HIS STEALTH are because people don't pick him for that unique flair? Xelnath, I appreciate your input on the matter, and I can understand the "don't knock it till you try it" philosophy, but there are just too many disenfranchised players who KNOW without reason of a doubt that removing the stealth entirely is NOT what the player base wants at all.

And in regards to the bola changes - the examples you gave were all lane and duel/assassin examples. Lead shotting someone in a bush feels great, yes. I would play Xerath or Ez if I wanted to do that.

Do you know what feels better? Jumping onto an adc, almost killing him, and then when they flash and their whole team jumps on me, I throw that final bola just before dying, and I confirm the kill.

THROUGH all the tanks and gap closers and whatever minions there were, if any. How it SHOULD be. But I don't know. Maybe in some world these e changes can work.

But the stealth....Riot, pls.

Jbels

08-16-2013

http://ertaislament.files.wordpress....1/09/ajani.jpg
Anyone else think he might have gotten inspiration, even just a little, from this guy?

PastrySandwich

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tN King View Post
Its about removing the UNIQUENESS.
Exactly, of course you can make more balanced champions when they are all the exact same. These changes bring nothing good to the table and only remove what makes Rengar different and, well, Rengar.

BrandNameZombie

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
If Rengar needs more damage, i'll easily put more damage back on to the kit. In general though, damage dealers aren't really expected to jump into the middle of 5 people, kill their target and then live.
they arent?

so teamfights are 4v5 until assassins can find someone alone?

Faptain Teemo

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
Bola Strike
-Is now a skillshot

Thrill of the Hunt
-Consumes current Ferocity on cast - each point of Ferocity consumed increases the Duration of Thrill of the Hunt by 1 second.
-No longer stealths Rengar for the duration
o_o

So, I hear Elsword is a pretty good game

*walks off*

DNAgent

08-16-2013

Stealth removal on his ult? Lame. If this goes live then I'll never touch him again. I couldn't care less about an "ult" that really is only used to make him move fast. I have the Ghost summoner spell for that.

He NEEDS to keep the stealth on his ult. You can keep the voice over AND the icons above people's heads but make sure EVERY ENEMY has the icon above their head when he ults so it will be like Twisted Fate/Nocturne type of ult except without the teleport & ridiculous range (this is fine if he goes into stealth instantly).

DeathByWaffle

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renzokuken View Post
Go read about Predator's lore, then look back at Rengar, then go watch Predator movies, then look back at Rengar again, then you can even go check Predator videogames, then come look back at some more Rengar, specially on his weapons (look at all of them), look at his ultimate effects, and sounds, specially on his skin (Headhunter Rengar)

after that, you can come and check your post, and feel stupid for saying that "Q combos are his iconic part"
Good thing Rengar isn't a Predator. He's Rengar.

Taking inspiration=/=making a clone

Chaosos

08-16-2013

Scarizard, I like the direction of the rework. I really enjoy reworked karma, and I want to throw out to you that I am REALLY afraid of how Rengar's new kit seems to overly reward splitpushing and then ulting out, which doesn't seem like the type of thing a predator should do. The increase in DPS as opposed to burst on his Q and the Q train changes both greatly encourage splitpushing, and the new ultimate changes as pointed out by Xelnath make it even better for escaping. Can you add more power to the post-leap speed boost if you make the ult speed boost ramp up over say 3 seconds? Like making the speed boost last 5 seconds as opposed to 3. Oh, and for the bonetooth 9 stack can it add a second of duration to the post ult speed boost also perhaps, or give that 5% CDR that synergized so well with Ionians?

LxLegend

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterForce View Post
What I am trying to say, is that would Vayne be the same without the Stealth and instead, replaced by MS?
Can you imagine Vayne having Master Yi's movement speed? Of course she wouldn't be the same she'd be better because she'd have best chase and escape of any ADC in the game.

Faptain Teemo

08-16-2013

Melee with no way to harass ranged hiding behind creeps, gg