A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MasterForce

08-16-2013

These changes sure are interesting, but removing the stealth from his ult removes ALL the thread he has. Unless upon activating his ultimate, he can't be slowed, I don't see why I would use the ultimate to ever engage if they see me coming. It sure makes the nerfs easier to do, but it also removes what Rengar does best at: surprise the enemy because they can't actually anticipate Rengar when he's stealthed. However, if he isn't stealthed, the CC will all collapse on him and he will NEVER be able to even reach the squishy champions in 5v5 teamfights.

EDIT: Rengar is basically a Yi without the anti-slow from his ult if Rengar doesn't have stealth. Also, Rengar doesn't have a spell that renders him untargetable. So what he could potentially do with that kit, is trade his life for 1 squishy on the enemy team or wait for someone to be out of position, then strike. However, if the opportunity never comes, he will never gain stacks from his Neckless.

These are opinions based on what I think. I would like to see him on PBE and see myself how well he does. However, based on what I think, I anticipate him being like a Master Yi, but somewhat weaker.

LOLGG2EASYBRO

08-16-2013

Get back to the drawing board, these newest changes are terrible.

Jbels

08-16-2013

Hey, so Scarizard, now that you've amassed a group of fans, you think you could adress them at this point?

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

08-16-2013
53 of 81 Riot Posts

I was really skeptical about these changes. In particular, when I saw them on paper, I didn't like the change to a skill-shot on E or the stealth removal on R.

... then at Scarizard and Wav3break's insistence, I actually played it. It worked really well. I didn't realize until after the game how little I missed the stealth. In fact, most cases where I would have used the stealth to escape - I could simply outrun the enemy.

Similarly, in cases where I would normally try to use my ult to stealth & run, but it would fail on live, due to never getting the "stealth" effect off, I occasionally survived.

The skillshot version actually made me a *better* player. People couldn't vision juke me into brush - I bola shot them blindly. The skill shot also makes me more dangerous in ganks - the range is far better than on live.

I acknowledge the validity of your skepticism, but as a veteran Rengar player, I didn't realize how little I appreciated the stealth until I was sprinting around the map without the need to use it.

t4tNoFp4Ve

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS1d6d3ffc5d25bf1bdf6f0 View Post
Really? It's 7 seconds every minute at absolute best, and most Rengars aren't going to be blowing ult on cd and most rengars aren't going to be sitting in stealth for the full duration. I'm not seeing how this is more iconic than his burst of his Q chains.
Go read about Predator's lore, then look back at Rengar, then go watch Predator movies, then look back at Rengar again, then you can even go check Predator videogames, then come look back at some more Rengar, specially on his weapons (look at all of them), look at his ultimate effects, and sounds, specially on his skin (Headhunter Rengar)

after that, you can come and check your post, and feel stupid for saying that "Q combos are his iconic part"

LxLegend

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
1. This is very scary - but has a lot of good feels from a flow perspective. Elise's Cocoon and Syndra's Stun both reveal targets hit so you can more easily follow-up your combos and dashes. It's a change that would have a lot of cool play associated with it, but it's unclear whether or not it's good for the game overall. (this exact situation came up today where i really wanted to leap to the blue buff that i bola'd!) We'll be having a lot of conversations on whether or not we should, but if it's not too disruptive i'd like to!
If you do that won't you run into the same balance problems that Diana had with her Q+R combo and won't it be worst since he doesn't have mana?

Lunar Lightning

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
I was really skeptical about these changes. In particular, when I saw them on paper, I didn't like the change to a skill-shot on E or the stealth removal on R.

... then at Scarizard and Wav3break's insistence, I actually played it. It worked really well. I didn't realize until after the game how little I missed the stealth. In fact, most cases where I would have used the stealth to escape - I could simply outrun the enemy.

Similarly, in cases where I would normally try to use my ult to stealth & run, but it would fail on live, due to never getting the "stealth" effect off, I occasionally survived.

The skillshot version actually made me a *better* player. People couldn't vision juke me into brush - I bola shot them blindly. The skill shot also makes me more dangerous in ganks - the range is far better than on live.

I acknowledge the validity of your skepticism, but as a veteran Rengar player, I didn't realize how little I appreciated the stealth until I was sprinting around the map without the need to use it.
if u used your r to run u were playing rengar wrong

Lunar Lightning

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renzokuken View Post
Go read about Predator's lore, then look back at Rengar, then go watch Predator movies, then look back at Rengar again, then you can even go check Predator videogames, then come look back at some more Rengar, specially on his weapons (look at all of them), look at his ultimate effects, and sounds, specially on his skin (Headhunter Rengar)

after that, you can come and check your post, and feel stupid for saying that "Q combos are his iconic part"
+1 agree completely the reason he is rengar is his stealth

tN King

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post

Its about removing the UNIQUENESS.

Zerglinator

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renzokuken View Post

So what you're saying is that Predator references are his iconic part? He can't be "Rengar" at all? He has to be one big 1:1 Predator reference? Sion must become his worst enemy because Sion sounds like Ahnold?

Is it possible that Rengar could rise above just being Predator and be a Lion man? Heck, the thing that I really remember from Predator was the three-dot laser aim. Rengar doesn't have that. When will Rengar become a ranged champion, because this melee champ just isn't Rengar.