A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Barzany

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRoseleader View Post
Because HE WAS INTENDED TO BE A JUNGLER, he was supposed to be a hunter not a top lane, so heres an idea, rework his history to make him scream demacia and join the garen jarvan shyvanna groups and just be another random fighter
That would also imply that khazix was also meant to jungle.

Frayace

08-16-2013

rocket cat sounds fun

tenrel

08-16-2013

so scarizard. now that you have killed Karma, AND Rengar who is your next target? i hear urgot players would like to not have a reason to play urgot, maybe you can help those guys out?

Steamcario

08-16-2013

I liked the rework til you took away his ult stealth and made his E a skillshot. his E was already a super high impact spell so you're really just nerfing it hard (he doesn't even need extra range, E helps him stick when he's already in, he has plenty of gap closers). and his ult is now literally reduced to just MS, REALLY feels more "ultimate" now, thanks.

what worries me more is you've literally just killed his gameplan in top lane by making E a skillshot, it can't really be used to harass anymore so rengar's plan in top is just to jump on people and hammer on Q. Great, he's a new xin zhao. thanks for turning my favorite champion into another braindead assassin that will never be allowed to be viable because they require no thought. I thought this rework was supposed to make rengar more skillful (he was already one of the most skillful champs in the game)

t4tNoFp4Ve

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauron View Post
Holy ****. Holy ****. I want this a lot.
Dont get your hopes up, he already said that at rank 3 + 5 fury on activation, the ulti lasts 28 seconds

If you get exited, is because you are thinking of live Rengar's ult duration

SwordsOfAether

08-16-2013

Tbh... I'm starting to really hate when Riot says they are going to rework another champion, especially when Scarizard is behind it. They really need to listen to the feedback of the community more than they are.

At least be lucky Riot actually involved the community with the Rengar rework... Karma had no such thing which ultimately led to her becoming a Q spamming robot version of her former self.

P.S. You really need to look at this thread about NeoKarma Scarizard: http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...miss+old+karma

LaxIsBack

08-16-2013

Scarizard, thanks for the update.

i know that you are trying to make rengar more healthy for the game, but maybe the stealth removal is to much...

most of us dont mind if you remove something from this iteration of the ult to keep the stealth.

thanks again.

Lan Moon

08-16-2013

Maybe scarizard is an even more sadistic version of Morello...Instead of just nerfing champs he makes them entirely useless! RIP Karma Rengar 2013

IS1d6d3ffc5d25bf1bdf6f0

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaed View Post
The "instakill out of nowhere" abuse case isn't hard to fix by damage-based means.
The problem is that it shouldn't be "fixed". Rengar is an assassin, a killer. Keeping Rengar a killer but taking away his stealth is much preferable to leaving the stealth in but making him a generic bruiser. I really can't agree with your assessment there.

Quote:
Stealth is THE main part of his kit that makes Rengar iconic
Really? It's 7 seconds every minute at absolute best, and most Rengars aren't going to be blowing ult on cd and most rengars aren't going to be sitting in stealth for the full duration. I'm not seeing how this is more iconic than his burst of his Q chains.

Zerglinator

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barzany View Post
That would also imply that khazix was also meant to jungle.
Twist: he WAS