A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Serkaidemor

08-16-2013

No stealth is bulls***.

That is all.

AdeptRogueNagi

08-16-2013

Quote:
Battle Roar
-No Longer grants Armor/Magic Resistance
-Enemies hit with Battle Roar have their Attack Damage reduced

If you've read my prior posts, you know my feelings about Battle Roar - specifically that it doesn't especially inform who Rengar should be effective against, and thus just gives up a lump of power that's hard to tune while remaining satisfying. Feedback from this thread also has been consistent that Battle Roar's allure is Rengar imposing his will/intimidating opponents, not I AM LOUD AND TANKIER NOW.
Attack Damage reduction allows him to handle jungle minions pretty well, but also makes him a monster in fights vs champions that rely on basic attacks/physical damage abilities (like carries, or other fighters), while still keeping him vulnerable to magic damage abilities from tanks/mages. Overall, the goal is that if AD reduction can work out you can reach a spot where leaping onto Physical Damage dealers and roaring makes you feel more like you're actively shutting down their damage potential rather than just being beefier than usual.
Was this approach the same way people feel when facing a wall like Malphite? Malphite uses his ground slam and renders incoming attacks to be mitigated greatly outside from casters.

With AD reduction, certainly does help his ability to stay in jungle without being too reliant on sustain or a full ferocity meter while simultaneously being able to confront physical damage dealers - which seems to target to emphasize his possible strength as an assassin to jump on marksmen/AD carry. I see this as a alternative to Sejuani's passive where she gets free armor for simply being in battle.
However with AD reduction, wouldn't it just mean he would have trouble holding the front line against magic damage? I'm sure many would argue to simply purchase magic resist items would mend that issue. But if there is a scenario where Rengar's priority target happens to be a magic damage dealer carrying the team, what will he do? Just watch him leap at that target and get bursted down by spells? Reducing Attack damage on a magic damage dealer has little to no influence. Would giving him damage reduction (similar to Sona's power chord on Aria of Perseverance) be too omnipotent? It's just a suggestion.
Aside from all of this, I really like Rengar's kit being tweaked to emphasize on his map presence and huge mobility to roam around. Especially enforcing Rengar players to strongly remember his passive mechanic. Though "Unseen Predator" is ironic as a name - with the removal of his stealth on his ultimate, it simply deters the meaning of "unseen". Not to mention that he will still leap in bushes regardless if he is in fog of war or not. Not saying his passive should be changed mechanically, but a name change that suits and fits the definition of his kit would be very welcoming.

Foochy

08-16-2013

What a joke. I want my refund.

Worst Zod Ever

08-16-2013

Attachment 759012

Archangelus

08-16-2013

Removing Rengar's stealth pretty much digs his grave to Karma level. GG Knifecat, RIP in peace

MaitreJoris

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-16-2013

Scarizard is awesome.
Killing what made a certain champion a champion.

He killed what made Karma Karma.
Now he's killing what made Rengar Rengar and will just overbuff the number after 4 patches to make him decent again.

Barzany

08-16-2013

I HATE YOU RIOT. I SPENT MONTHS LEARNING A SPECIFIC PLAYSTYLE, ALL FOR NOTHING. DOWNVOTE ME I DONT CARE. YOURE RUINING MY FAVOURITE CHAMPION. rengar EMBODIED AN ASSASSIN. HE WAS THE APEX PREDATOR. WHAT GREATER ASSASSIN IS ONE YOU CANNOT SEE!? THAT WAS AMAZING. RENGAR IS PLAYED AS AN ASSASSIN FOR HOW WELL IT SUITS HIS KIT. HE LOSES HUGE LANE PRESENCE BECAUSE OF THE SKILL SHOT E. HE CAN NO LONGER HARASS AS EFFECTIVELY. THIS IS LIKE THE NEW KHAZIX, HIS W IS USELESS

Absolute None

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaitreJoris View Post
Scarizard is awesome.
Killing what made a certain champion a champion.

He killed what made Karma Karma.
Now he's killing what made Rengar Rengar and will just overbuff the number after 4 patches to make him decent again.
Scarizard confirmed for mass championcide.

Serkaidemor

08-16-2013

It's not even about power. Removing stealth from ult takes away like 1/3 of Rengar's kit identity.

inplane

08-16-2013

No Riot STOP THIS NOW!

I don't want another fav champ be butchered by your "remaking" just leave him the way he is!

This is just atrocious. You're nerfing him when hes already hard enough to use!

Ah if only if there was something we can do... Oh yea there is. HOW ABOUT LISTENING TO THE PLAYERS AND STOP THIS MADNESS?!