A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

3mptylord

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
2. Unlikely that we'd go with this - it doesn't take very much time for him to generate his ferocity while in R, and the duration of it is so long already (12-18s base currently, with the potential to get all the way up to 28 seconds!) that we really want you to relish the feeling of hunting and stalking, since you'll have vision all this time. If you really need to Rocket-boost before your Fury is generated fully, it's likely that it's more important you make it to your target rather than have full ferocity when you get there (it's also more likely you'll still have a few points built up once you get there, so this hasn't been a particular worry).
When you say "have vision all this time" - do you mean that he keeps the vision for the full duration, even after he leaps?

If not, I can't help but feel like having up to 28 seconds is pointless - if you're 28 seconds away from a fight when you're planning to engage, something is bound to change. Also, where exactly is 28 seconds away that Rengar is already in combat (to have 5 Ferocity)? I mean, it'll depend on the cooldown, but some things are just excessive without any real merit.

P.S. Be careful not to eat into Quinn's territory - insanely long duration movement speed steroid (even has a dash!) is her thing, and she maintains the effect even after she's gone in.

Also, in a previous comment you said that any mechanic not mentioned is kept - i.e. the ferocity generation (which you even mentioned specifically when previous asked, maybe 2 replies ago). Yet what you've just said there implies he no longer generates ferocity during his ultimate. O_o

Rastamon Ganja

08-16-2013

So rengar's ulti no longer has stealth, does this mean he is no longer invisible? That was one of Rengar's most fun aspects. and bola strike is a skill shot? I am disappointed, but i am not surprised, this is how Karma players must have felt.

RIP Rengar. Had fun while it lasted. Regret spending RP buying the Headhunter skin recently.

Why is Riot taking away slows/cc and instead adding movement speed? aka tri force nerf/phage nerf...

dragonstrike45

08-16-2013

Hey man, you don't need to tell me who the predator is lol! Yes, Rengar has inspirations from the predator. But just to clarify, he IS NOT the predator. He isn't an alien and he doesn't have optical camoflage or any of the tech gadgets. He merely carries some of the appearance, feel and air that the Predator from the movie series carries . I know how upset everyone is about stealth removal, but its probably better to have that than the stealthy ult that lets everyone one know you're coming. Riot won't dissappoint - just wait for more details and PBE!!!

Weshavi

08-16-2013

Riot,I thought Rengar was almost, if not like Predator, so why are you removing his stealth( Predator from the SCi Fi movies had a stealth) now RENGAR sounds more like a cheetah, not like a Lion/Predator
I hope you remember what Rengar was supposed to be in the first place.

I thought he was supposed to be predator :C

Nores

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonstrike45 View Post
Riot won't dissappoint - just wait for more details and PBE!!!
oh yeah "won't dissapoint" - just like this karma rework. yi rework (soon to be nerf)

sejuani/trundle reworks- reworked them into basically what they been before , alienating people who mained them in the process

and then there is Olaf,Ryze ,Akali, Katarina nerfs.

Zerglinator

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nores View Post
oh yeah "won't dissapoint" - just like this karma rework. yi rework (soon to be nerf)

sejuani/trundle reworks- reworked them into basically what they been before , alienating people who mained them in the process

and then there is Olaf,Ryze ,Akali, Katarina nerfs.
As a Sejuani player, I was not alienated. I have no clue what you're talking about.

2xOninja

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbels View Post
Don't waste a post to correct somebody's spelling.
Grammar*

I thought it was a polite way to point out the intelligence put into his post. u mad?

On topic: Ren needs an out of combat leap reset or something besides his ult. Using "Thrill of the Hunt" to run away is so out of character. Leaping to bola targets is a nice idea, but maybe a reset on his ult's leap after a kill would work?

Gnargar

08-16-2013

Quote:
Update time!
Bola Strike
-Is now a skillshot
-Increased Range
Can the bola go through minions but not monsters please, it's the only way to counter garen that i know of.

IonDragonX

08-16-2013

Quote:
On bonetooth, i'm definitely looking to make it feel better for Lane Rengar as well, and if this needs more stats i'm more than willing to give them, as long as it doesn't end up being a must-buy or too good for its stats.
Please give it another 2 AD to start with. That way, it will end at +30 at level 18.

You could give it a small flat amount of damage resistance at some rank or another. That's good for jungle and useful for fighting inside creep waves in lane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro Pony View Post
Can the bola go through minions but not monsters please, it's the only way to counter garen that i know of.
Oh yeah. does it get creep blocked? That's harsh on lane Rengar if it does.

EbonyMagic

08-16-2013

Im still pissed karma can't heal other players but whatever