A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NA Darklarik

07-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
The intent here, is that if i engage in combat and lose my buff, running into brushes 'reactivates' the MS boost so i can move along them quickly to get my leap off - since fighting then moving into brush would flag you as in-combat, and cut the mobility boots bonus. I admit it's a little tinkery and maybe not the best solution, but so far feedback from testing has been the more stalking/set up that we put into Rengar the better it feels. As i mentioned before, just gonna try it.
Thanks for answering so many questions Scarizard, i eagerly await Rengar on PBE. As for the MS in bush, i think its a great mechanic, even if it dosent persist a few seconds after leaving it :P Just think about how hard Nidalee is to catch, even if the upgrade itself is not the greatest offensively, it sure makes for a great boost in utility to escape.

NA Darklarik

07-31-2013

Quote:
Reread what i said. Spirit Visage still has the healing and regeneration effects increased by 20% - the patch notes have said that it additionally gains 200 HP and Health Regen, due to Spectre's Cowl being a component of it.

The item is literally the same item. Just with +Cost and +Stats.
Oh wow i can now see that item's synergism so well with every aspect of Rengar's kit.... Thanks for the indirect buff!

Darklightning

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-31-2013

Quote:
The intent here, is that if i engage in combat and lose my buff, running into brushes 'reactivates' the MS boost so i can move along them quickly to get my leap off - since fighting then moving into brush would flag you as in-combat, and cut the mobility boots bonus. I admit it's a little tinkery and maybe not the best solution, but so far feedback from testing has been the more stalking/set up that we put into Rengar the better it feels. As i mentioned before, just gonna try it.
I guess I see your point here.... and you can still use bushes in jungle to get to a place faster, but I would like you to consider just making it, if you are not visible to the enemy your movement speed is increased (because you are stalking them. )

Vivi R66

07-31-2013

Quote:

Ok, now it makes sense, sounds good and fair to me.

Deychundei

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-31-2013

Am i right in making the assumption that Rengars base (non empowered abilities) are considered balanced and ok? and that its just more his empowered abilities and the interactions that they have with the base abilities (e.g. triple Q, double roar etc.)

Then may i make the following suggestions.
1) reduce the number of Ferocity stacks required to hit the empowered range to 4 (5 seems funky as he has 3 active abilities)
2) Change the empowered abilities, dont make them powered up versions of the basic abilities, make them totally different. Think of it as an alternative form of Nidalee/Jayce/Elise, instead of switching forms, he hits max Ferocity.

e.g.
Savagery: while empowered is a cleave attack instead of how it is currently.
Bola Strike: while empowered is a leap outside of a bush.
Battle Roar: I have no idea

With this then you have more of a choice to make rather than just spam Q.

Also, what if, instead of Q giving you attack speed bonus, the attack speed was dependent on your Ferocity stacks?

I like the idea of Bonetooth necklace building from hunters machete. the lack of stats automatically makes me wince BUT, if the necklace improved on his abilities/CD added a bit of true damage (like the jungle item) that would be cool.
I was wondering though, if the large Jungle creeps gave stacks (kinda like Thresh souls) why not add in a gating mechanism that you have to either kill baron,dragon, enemy champs for your necklace to be able to progress.

get to 8 stacks: item wont evolve further until you hunt and kill bigger game.

That inturn will allow you to add bigger bonuses further down the line and allow the necklace evolution to be smoother.

Vivi R66

07-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusoX 666 View Post
What do you think about making his E a melee spell? My ideas for his E are:
-Skarner sticks his claws into the enemy while slowing (?) them and dealing damage.
-Skarner sticks his claws into the enemy while dealing damage and marking them for an X amount of time. Each basic attack slows/steals (?) the markeds target movement speed/attack speed (?).
-Skarner sticks his claws into the enemy making them bleed. The enemy is slowed during X amount of time and are damaged over time during that period.

Imo, it fits him more.
Wrong topic, this aint skarners topic lol

Hellbringth4th

07-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servantofthe99 View Post
will the new R have instant stealth or still delayed...?
Probably still delayed, but that's a good question. What is the delay on it, if any?

Xulkal

07-31-2013

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivi R66 View Post
Dude, he JUMPS when he is in the bush, move speed while fighting in the bush is USELESS lol, he has infinite gapclosers when fighting inside bushes. So its basically a mobility boots, does nothing when in bushes. Stop wording things, when they have no practical effect.
Instead of brush, or out of combat, why not take a lesson from Kha'zix's passive and just make it increase movement speed when you are not seen by the enemy team? This would allow it to apply in/out of combat, in/out of brush, during ult, etc. Also it would promote the hunter/stalker feeling by giving the player a reason to stay just on the edge of sight before going in for the kill. To even further promote this, give Rengar a slightly large sight radius so he is able to see other units before they see him.

Note: just tossing ideas out there, might be too strong.

iBeN4te

Recruiter

07-31-2013

Quote:
Hey y'all -

So i wanted to talk to you guys about our good ol' Stabtabby, Rengar. Classick handed off to me his initial refactor of Rengar that he had begun posting about a while back, but internally it was shown that while it certainly buffed him and fixed some issues with his design, more work needed to be done.
This is in response to: "WAV3BREAK WITH ANOTHER UPDATE ON RENGAR - BTN NOW TESTING AS JUNGLE ITEM WITH MOBILITY BONUSES" Surrender@20 post.

Why not make Rengar another item like Bonetooth Headdress? Except it is used in lane. Just make Bonetooth Necklace a jungle item. and bam two paths for Rengars to go.

This is just an idea. I feel like it would help Rengar because it wouldn't force laning Rengar to buy a jungle item, and vice versa

Reddit Post:
http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...her_update_on/

NA Forums Thread:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3714687

Here is the original post:
http://www.surrenderat20.net/2013/07...ngar.html#more

Anymeese

Master Recruiter

07-31-2013

Alright I'm incredibly worried. As a jungle main, i bought rengar on release and loved him until he was nerfed to the point that tank rengar was the only option. I really want to be able to play him again...

Here are my issues:
-Bonetooth Necklace is a cool thematic item, but in-game, it's just poorly designed. If you get ahead, it snowballs you a decent amount. If you get behind, you have 800g you just wasted and one less item slot for basically NOTHING. There needs to be some way to gain trophies besides kills and assists. Maybe give it a 60 second cooldown and, when the cooldown is up, give a trophy each time he clears a jungle camp? Idk, but SOMETHING so that if he has BTN and is behind, it will help him come back (if he plays right)

-Ganks are dependent upon the enemy's positioning more than your own plays. His passive is completely useless when the enemy has the smarts to say "Other team has rengar.. I'll stand away from the bush!". Then to gank you have to stroll up in lane and try and hit your short range bola for any CC at all, which is either not enough to secure a good gank, or wastes your ferocity, meaning you 1) had to build the 5 ferocity before this, and 2) now have much less damage because you HAD to snare him for a measly 1 second just to get anything done. Rather than return 3 ferocity on q, why not return it on e?? It's the least-used super-move anyway

-I hate the idea of switching Rengar to sustain damage instead of burst. His entire theme and kit revolves around him being burst. He's a ****ing PREDATOR! Who wields a knife and thinks "hey, I'm gonna attack them for a good long while with this short ranged weapon that leaves me open to counterattacks??" I don't care if you take off the attack speed ENTIRELY as long as he still has burst ganks. That's what makes him rengar..
If youre going to switch him over to sustain damage, just switch his knife out for a shard of ice and change his in-game event with khazix to an event with Lissandra.

-The movement speed on his ult is so little, I feel like it's mentioned just to further support the character's theme rather than make any difference in the gameplay

-While I sort of do, sort of dont like the way that w vs empowered w armor/MR buff doesn't stack forces you to make it drawn out to double duration, I don't like being FORCED to make that choice. Allow it to stack. This way if I'm in the jungle super low, I can get that heal off and be super tanky for a few seconds instead of unnoticeably barely-more-tanky for 6. If it even takes 6 seconds to kill the camp. And it feels weird delaying getting a ferocity bonus. Also with the option to stack OR draw it out, you can get more creative with ganks, such as leaping on to the opponent, but then healing and getting super tanky for a couple seconds while your ally does the work but opponent focuses deceptive low-health rengar