A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Koechophe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-18-2013

I have to ask why you guys are lowering the base damage on his Q. It's seriously pathetic as-is. It takes as long to cast as a normal attack, and adds a max of 150 damage to one. At level one, it literally adds only 30 damage. The spell feels low impact enough without messing with the base damage.

Also, as a QoL buff, can you please make this spell scale with attack speed like Trundle's chomp does? I.E., the spell casts faster the more attack speed you have. At end game, it feels like you can do 2-3 attacks in the time it takes to cast his Q.

KinjiKing

07-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgerbus View Post
Been reading as many posts about this as I am a Rengar player at heart. I just wanted to toss in my input as many others have before me. The theme of Rengar really just needs to stay intact. That being the hunter and stalker assassin he was introduced as. While I understand balance will come and it needs to in many areas, I as many others would love to see him retain this playstyle.

One thing I thought about in regards to the hot button topic Bone Tooth Necklace. Has anyone considered actually making this Rengar's passive? I thought this could offer some great flavor and maybe help fix some of the issues surrounding this item. I know the first thing people would says is, "well I don't want to lose the brush jumping". To that I would say, I would make his tooth have a 0 stack passive of his current passive. That way, you don't lose that ability at any point in the game. As far as subsequent stack bonuses, well I would leave that up to the real game designers, but I thought this might give an interesting twist on my favorite stalker.
This man is AWESOME!!! I like this a lot. But i'd also like to see something like what i posted earlier but added to the passive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfDrDeath View Post
Bonetooth Necklace:
Another thought I had there, to go with the jungling theme, is to have it stack on last-hitting Baron/Dragon/Vilemaw. This would reward him for having the good jungler's practice of kill-smiting those important objectives, as well as giving him a way to get a few stacks on his Necklace in a low-kill (aka, high elo) game.

In most games, he should not be able to get more than 3-4 stacks this way, depending on when he can get BTN.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KinjiKing View Post
This is an awesome idea. As a Rengar fan, i often feel like i don't get stacks fast enough to make it worth wile.
i'd like to add to this idea for top lain Rengar fans.
Something like: "for every X creep slain by Rengar, he gets 1 stack." or something along this line as well as the stack on kill or assistance.
This way top lain Rengar fans don't feel left out.
Also while your farming/split pushing you can get stacks back if your behind because It would be bad if you already bot the BTN and then cant get stacks for it.
TY for your time.

wcil

07-18-2013

I just realised Rengar has

E-Bola.

Xore

Recruiter

07-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wav3Break View Post

I would also like to ask some questions:

How would you guys feel about Bola Strike being a skill shot?

How would you guys feel about Empowered Bola Strike bringing a little bit more team utility?

1) Yes, doesn't sound bad, I mean I love Skill Shout especially if they are long. Also i always hated that his E had a Short range.

2)Yes Please, by "utility" you mean it well be an small AoE and being a bit more long range Skill shout with cc? then yes please.

Crüniac

07-18-2013

So if you made Rengar jump from the Fog of War, make it so he has a small Clarity vision area the size of his jump range. This would mimic a strong sense of smell, and let him jump unsuspecting victims.

ScubaDivingPoop

07-18-2013

My biggest concern with Bola being a skill shot is whether it can hit minions. I don't want to say this but hit detection when an enemy is in a crowd of minions is pretty shotty. If you make it blockable by minions you are taking away a lot of power from Rengar cause generally missing for wiffing E would be too big of a risk then to have the reward of extra range from making the ability a skill shot.

On the other hand if you make the skill ignore minions you are taking away his ability to farm at range or build ferocity when there are no champs around. But i doubt this would be the case since the rework is trying to get Rengar into the jungle.

Also another thing making bola a skill shot would make it too easier to juke. At least right now when i go to gank from the jungle with 4 ferocity i can double bola and bait flash with my first one before snaring them with the empowered bola. If it were a skill shot they can just either juke or flash my first attempt and I'm assuming that you wont get the ferocity point for just using the skill if it misses.

Furi Kuri

07-18-2013

Damn I guess all the Rengar players did leave this thread.

R.I.P. Rengar 2013.

Karma 2.0

KiteAzure

07-18-2013

dont bring that monster back! rengar is fine where he is imo, a lot of friends in diamond who main rengar enough to show that he is fine where he is, no need for buff imo.

NA Darklarik

07-18-2013

Quote:
Just to buffer Scarizard's post, I am currently tuning the new "Q-Train" destroyer knife cat damage window and I'm not gonna lie, this thing feels freaking awesome to pull off. You will knife more than you ever could and stab peoples faces like no tomorrow. Now time to balance and test it more :P. Again everything is subject to change.
One quick concern: Will Rengar's Q train compensate for his lack of a reliable in ult?
Rengar's ultimate cant really be used in the middle of a fight to gain an edge like champions like Darius, Aatrox or Riven, for instance. It take 3 seconds (assuming he is being attacked) to charge and you cant take action during that time. Which is why i ask if you will keep into consideration when you nerf his Q train that it still allow him to be on par with other solo tops.
Quote:
I would also like to ask some questions:

How would you guys feel about Bola Strike being a skill shot?

How would you guys feel about Empowered Bola Strike bringing a little bit more team utility?
I see you may have read my previous post, i would love it to be a skillshot.

porkshank6

07-18-2013

A few ideas I've had that I'm just going to toss out. Some may be absurd or ridiculous, but at the very least it can get people thinking in different directions.

Remember, just ideas....

Make him permastealth in bushes. In other words... he would be completely permanently stealthed while in a bush and would only appear while attacking. (think akali's shroud)

Instead of double tapping on 5 fury (it's called fury, right?) for crazy burst.... what if his activating skill reduced the cooldown on all other abilities by 50%? (barring his ultimate.... or maybe -10 seconds on ultimate....) Then it would spread his burst around a bit more.... but give more options....

How about a passive on bonetooth that represented the champions he killed? So that it feels more like a trophy... Something like: "On champion kill, Rengar permanently absorbs 1% of the victim's total health/ad/as/move speed/etc"