How bad is Mr. Tibbers

Terrible 2 28.57%
Even more terrible 5 71.43%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

[CHAMP GUIDE] MURKPLANK (gangplank)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Peebs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-15-2009

I have read to many bad guides to gangplank who focus solely on parrley and forget about his ult. So here is my guide.
Stats:

X Health 495 (+81 / per level)
X Mana 205 (+34 / per level)
X Move Speed 315
X Armor 17 (+2.8 / per level)
X Spell Block 30 (+1.25 / per level)
X Critical Strike 2.5 (+0.5 / per level)
X Health Regen 0.85(+0.15 / per level)
X Mana Regen 0.8 (+0.1 / per level)
X Range 100

Pros 'n' Cons:
Pro
*High damage nuke with low cooldown (parrley)
*Good carry ability
*A teammate with global ult and raise morale
*A built in cleanse (Remove Scurvy)
*Easy to last hit with parrley and great at making money

Cons
*Squishy
*Often targeted first

Skills:

Grog Soaked Blade - Gangplank's attacks apply a poison that deals 5 damage (+1 dmg per level) a second for 12 seconds and reduces incoming healing by 40%.

Note: Decent damage over time but more importantly makes their heal ****.

Parrrley - Pirate takes aim and shoots an enemy unit with his pistol. If he kills it he gains extra gold.
Gangplank shoots a target unit for 40 / 80 / 120 / 160 / 200 plus 80% of his attack damage as magic damage. Gangplank gains 3 / 5 / 7 / 9 / 11 extra gold if Parley deals a killing blow. This ability is affected by critical strike and applies on hit effects.
Cooldown: 6 seconds
Cost: 50 / 55 / 60 / 65 / 70 Mana
Range: 625

Note: Our bread and butter skill. Use early on to farm, usually from lvl1-6. After that use it to harass and farm if no enemies are around. Also note that the skill does 80% dmg not 65%. If you end up getting a triforce or frozen mallet the slow effect works.

Remove Scurvy - Consumes a large quantity of citrus fruit which clears any crowd control effects on him and heals him.
Consumes a large quantity of citrus fruit which clears any crowd control effects on him and heals him for 70 / 125 / 195 / 280 / 380 (+1 per ability power) health.
Cooldown: 20 seconds
Cost: 65 Mana
Range: 20

Note: DO NOT use this as a heal unless absolutely necessary. It is better to save this for when you are stunned or any other crowd control skill is used on you. This is used as a CLEANSE to escape or continue chasing.

Raise Morale - Gangplank kills an allied minion, inspiring himself and nearby allied champions to receive increased attack speed and movement speed. Aditionally, Gangplank's attack and movement speed is passively increased.
Passive: Gangplank's Attack Speed is increased by 12 / 18 / 24 / 30 / 36% and his movement speed is increased by 2 / 4 / 6 / 8 / 10%.

Active: Gangplank kills an allied minion, inspiring himself and nearby champions to receive Raise Morale's passive benefits for 10 seconds.
Cooldown: 25 seconds
Cost: 60 Mana
Range: 575

Note: This transforms your adidas into nikes. Use before you start to fight to when taking a tower and at the start of team fights.

Cannon Barrage - Gangplank signals his ship to fire upon an area for 10 seconds. Each cannonball deals damage and slows enemy units.
Signals Gangplank's ship to fire upon an area for 8 seconds. Each cannonball deals 160 / 220 / 280 (+0 per ability power) damage and slows enemy units 40 / 55 / 70% for 1.25 seconds.
Cooldown: 120 seconds
Cost: 100 Mana
Range: Global

Note: Great for getting people that escape with 10hp. Great for blocking off paths of enemies and making them fight you. Great for blocking enemies that are chasing your teammate. It also has a nice slow effect so do not forget that. The skill is global but the cannon balls are unreliable a lot of the time. Another great use is using it as a quasi-fortifide to defend a tower or splitting the enemy team up in a team fight.

Itembuild:

Starting Items:
Faerie charm, rejuvenation bead and 1 heal potion

1) Do not go home until you have a minimum 907gold to complete haunting guise.
2) get boots and if you have the money complete sorcerer shoes if not build the next item first
3) sheen
4) 2x cloak of agility
5) Complete 2x infinity edge (you can buy elixir of agility before finishing infin edge)
6) Last slot is pretty situational and the choices are: warmogs, bloodthirster, frozen mallet...it honestly doesn't matter. Just depends on what you need.
7) You can then upgrade sheen into triforce
8) If the game is still going sell the haunting guise and boots for more dmg or survivability.

Skillorder:

Parrley
Remove Scurvy
Parrley
Raise morale
Parrley
Cannon Barrage
Parrley
Raise morale
Parrley
Raise morale
Cannon Barrage
Raise morale
Remove scurvy
Raise Morale
Remove Scurvy
Cannon Barrage
Remove Scurvy
Remore Scurvy

Summoner Skills:
I personally use exhaust and ghost...flash got nerfed and I feel ghost with raise morale is superior. Cleanse is not needed because of remove scurvy and rally isn't necessary because to survive you have to run around a lot. Fortifide isn't needed because of ult and all the others are ****. If you want to go pushing style with a premade promote is good. I have seen a premade with 5 promotes end a game fast. I use exhaust combined with my ult to almost guarantee a kill by holding them in place and the added magic pen for both my ult and parrley.

Playstyle:

Play passive early game and just last hit until you have your ult. The creeps should be pushed near your tower and if they get aggressive and the tower starts targeting them a quick exhaust will net you a kill. Usually once I get my ult I have haunting guise and I can aim for a easy kill if they are more towards my turret than theirs. Just exhaust them throw ult infront of where they will run to escape parrley them and if needed a raise morale or ghost to chase. After you get your ult free feel to go around ganking because parrley hits hard and your ult is a pain in the ass. In team fights throw an ult and raise morale to help your team but stay out of the middle of the fight and parrley like mad. Exhaust their dps and ghost to chase. Do the most you can to help your team while staying at a distance. Raise morale is great for pushing and do not be afraid to sacrifice yourself when pushing a tower by throwing ur ult just behind the turret so the enemies cant defend. If your ult hits the enemy the turret will target u so be careful.

FAQ:
Why not 2x avarice blades?

Your ultimate is amazing and the magic penetration from haunting guise and sorcerer shoes improves that damage while also improving the damage of parrley. Win win situation.

Why no phantom dancer?

yes it gives 30% crit but it gives no damage. We don't like auto attacking because we will die in 2hits. The movespeed is alright but raise morale + ghost is plenty.

No HP items early?

You hit so hard people will run and if they do fight you, parrley plus ult always nets me a double kill before I die. It is lategame that you may need HP or a twitch will drop you before you can 1shot him with parrley.

RUNES:
Crit chance for everything gives you 20% crit. This is superior because you want to dominate the early game to dictate the end game. Having 20-30% crit at the start of a game is no joke.

ShootTheBoot

12-15-2009

2x infinity's edge is some really stupid ****, the crit damage bonus you're paying for doesn't stack, didn't read the rest of the guide but most likely its just as poorly thought out.

Peebs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootTheBoot View Post
2x infinity's edge is some really stupid ****, the crit damage bonus you're paying for doesn't stack, didn't read the rest of the guide but most likely its just as poorly thought out.
We are aiming for high damage plus crit chance. Infinity edge gives the most damage while adding a crit chance and that is why I get two. If you don't even read it then how am I suppose to take your criticism seriously. It works well for me so what more do I need to say.

ShootTheBoot

12-15-2009

The Infinity Edge does not give the most damage if you consider the maximum of 100+ from The Bloodthirster.

There are many items to choose from which offer unique bonuses above just damage and critical chance that are very helpful to your champion, rather than stacking the same extremely expensive item with an redundant bonus.

Peebs

Recruiter

12-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootTheBoot View Post
The Infinity Edge does not give the most damage if you consider the maximum of 100+ from The Bloodthirster.

There are many items to choose from which offer unique bonuses above just damage and critical chance that are very helpful to your champion, rather than stacking the same extremely expensive item with an redundant bonus.
I said it gives the most dmg of any item that ALSO gives a crit chance. In addition, pirate is squishy and losing the 40bonus dmg everytime you die is not fun especially if you are running around ganking and helping your teammates late game you dont have the time to go farm the 40stacks on blood thirster everytime. I have tried bloodthirster and it is not the greatest. I do not buy the infinity edge for the redundant bonus I buy it for the constant 80dmg and the 20% crit chance. Do you even play gangplank? It also matters what masteries and what runes you get. The way i build pirate 2x infin edge works great.

Quinnister

12-15-2009

2 x Infinity Edge is not a good idea. You're paying mostly for the passive in terms of combination value. Most other combination items have far better return rates. Have you considered building your Sheen into a Trinity Force or using Agility Potions?

Mr Tibbers

12-15-2009

2x Infinity Edge is horrible. Don't go ruining Gangplank for people by giving them ****ty item advice. And you say NOT to auto? Wth?!

Peebs

Recruiter

12-15-2009

If you have nothing to contribute then dont post...I do use agil potions in between building items and 2x infin works wonders for me although the game is usually over before i finish building the second 1. He can auto atk but he is too squishy to do so in big battles he is better off in the back. Check my recently played games it works wonders for me so I shared my build and I may not be high elo but I never said this was a high elo build. If you want to share you build tibbers then go ahead so I can criticize it.

Peebs

Recruiter

12-15-2009

LMAO http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ead.php?t=6179 <- Mr. Tibbers guide

Stacking avarice blades lol did you just purchase gangplank yesterday? That is the most horrible build I have seen...you waste money on executionerss for what? You think that mini lifesteal does anything and then phantom dance? you expect to survive long enough auto atking you arent a typical carry like jax or yi and you have no disable what a joke...you waste money on phil stone when the only time mana is a problem is probably lvl1-6 and a meki is sufficient although I use faerie charm instead. You do nothing to buff your ult. You are a 1 trick pony that runs around and spams parrley while doing no dmg in team fights cause ur ult is a joke. Please learn how to play pirate before criticizing.

Mr Tibbers

12-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peebs View Post
LMAO http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ead.php?t=6179 <- Mr. Tibbers guide

Stacking avarice blades lol did you just purchase gangplank yesterday? That is the most horrible build I have seen...you waste money on executionerss for what? You think that mini lifesteal does anything and then phantom dance? you expect to survive long enough auto atking you arent a typical carry like jax or yi and you have no disable what a joke...you waste money on phil stone when the only time mana is a problem is probably lvl1-6 and a meki is sufficient although I use faerie charm instead. You do nothing to buff your ult. You are a 1 trick pony that runs around and spams parrley while doing no dmg in team fights cause ur ult is a joke. Please learn how to play pirate before criticizing.
Don't diss **** you haven't tried, scrub. I have played and pwned with Gangplank since he first came out in the beta, scrub. That guide was made months ago and it STILL works amazingly. You don't buff the ult because that's ******ED. It's nice to have some magic penetration, but going out of the way for it is ****ed stupid. Executioner's is for crit and lifesteal. Sometimes, I go for Stark's instead, but not as often. Gangplank IS a carry, you just have to play him right. It's more subtle than "autoattackftw". Beyond that, between lifesteal, dodge and the extra life provided by Mallet, you have more than enough survivability. You're not a tank, but you can take a hit. If you're playing GP and you're NOT having mana problems, something's wrong. And I do have a disable, it's called Frozen Mallet, jackass.