More Armor Items?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Immune To Spells

12-15-2009

I champ I bought early on and I think has a fun playstyle is Rammus, but I've felt his variety is limited by a gap in itemization: Armor items.

There's a few good +armors, and they're all pretty affordable (which can be good), but the ease of acquisition and relatively few items can make itemizing for an armor build a little dull. There's only one "super" type armor item----Frozen Heart---and compared to health regen, health, and magic resist, armor variety lags.

So, I'm hoping in the next batch of new items, they toss in some new (preferably higer-tier) armor goodies to mix things up a bit more there

Xetal

12-15-2009

Thorn Mail and Sunfire cape seem pretty well "built" for Rammus. Force them to stand near you and hit you while you burn their face off and reflect enough damage to make anyone cry. Thorn Mail is getting a bit of a buff in the upcoming patch also, so that should make it even better for him. Guardian Angel also can be a good idea for Rammus.

Other than that you should consider picking up an Aegis for your team. Between those items you'll have all the armor gear you'll ever want.

JayceJa

12-15-2009

frozen heart is also great, he has very low mana, and the ring will double it, and with 4 active spells, the cooldown reduction works wonders

the problem isnt that there are no items for him, its that there is not much variety in builds for him

Vaaz

12-16-2009

Thats true for most tanks, thier usually exaclly the same, only slight diffrences based on the opposing teams make-up

IEatBabies

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2009

You have to figure out what kind of wall you want to be. I think HP stacking for tanks is foolish considering that bloodrazors are in the game and tanks don't get innate MR increase. I almost always look for a mix of MR with either armor or hp. Everyone has abilities. MR is probably the best tank stat in the game unless you are going against a ton of carries.

If you run into that than get thornmail or sunfire capes. At least you will do something to them before they cut you to pieces. Dodge goes a long way, but that is more to do with runes and masteries considering you aren't going to want a phantom dancer. Nor can you afford it.

wildfire393

12-19-2009

I honestly have no idea where OP is coming from.

Early on you can pick up a Doran's Shield, which does HP, Armor, AND HP/5. Middle levels, you grab a couple of Heart of Golds for the HP, Armor, and money along with your boots, which become either ninja tabi or merc treads based on your opponents. Then start picking up high tier Armor items. Frozen Heart, Thornmail, Sunfire Cape, Guardian Angel, Warden's Mail are all good options.

JayceJa

12-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire393 View Post
I honestly have no idea where OP is coming from.

Early on you can pick up a Doran's Shield, which does HP, Armor, AND HP/5. Middle levels, you grab a couple of Heart of Golds for the HP, Armor, and money along with your boots, which become either ninja tabi or merc treads based on your opponents. Then start picking up high tier Armor items. Frozen Heart, Thornmail, Sunfire Cape, Guardian Angel, Warden's Mail are all good options.
so pretty much, a dorans item, pretty standard, a gold item, pretty standard, boots, also standard, every class is going to have those items

armor items then have only 5 items to choose from? when sparing boots, you have 5 inventory spaces

and you say you don't get where hes coming from saying there is not much variety?