Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Agressiveness early game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Treifla

11-28-2010

Quote:
miroloveslongbla:
Whenever I take solo I am treated with extreme aggressive play. I will go mid and the opposing champ will go out of their way to hit me whenever possible, they never focus on last hitting due to the low summoner level and I can't focus on last hitting either. I usually succumb to this aggressive play and die from being stupid, and when I do play defensively against them I end up losing the race in HP. The other champ ends up with 75% while I am teleporting back with 25%.
Can anyone give me tips on this?

you say they are doing it wrong because they are low summoner level

and yet at the same time they just harrased you out of lane and are now farming like mad

LeCam

11-28-2010

You'll get the hang of it <3

Zanoni

11-28-2010

Quote:
miroloveslongbla:
Say I'm playing Ashe for instance, laning against a Vlad mid... I can harrass him easily and get him down to 50% but then he pushes me at my tower and uses his ult and I die while he runs off with 5 hp. What am I doing wrong?

It's no surprise that you are having trouble with Vlad. A Vlad mid is a hard to play against unless you are someone like Morde or Alistar. Don't chip away at Vlad's health because he'll lifesteal the damage back, usually from you if you are in range. Attacking him will divert your attacks away from the creep wave, meaning you get less gold than if you just focus on last hitting. Expect to get forced from the lane several times.

If you must harass him then you can do so very early game (around level 1 - 3). Wait for him to use drain then attack him. After that early game it becomes pointless because his drain will be on a very low cooldown. You can try to use volley to harass him from long range, but don't get too aggressive. Make sure you don't attack the creep wave with volley because that will push the creep wave away and allow him to grab health from you. In this situation you should focus on getting though the laining phase without dying and without losing too much gold or xp.

ShadyStories

11-28-2010

I turtle like a ***** with Vlad until I'm at least level 5 or 7.
Then, it's so one sided it's ridiculous.

ShadyStories

11-28-2010

Quote:
Zanoni:
It's no surprise that you are having trouble with Vlad. A Vlad mid is a hard to play against unless you are someone like Morde or Alistar. Don't chip away at Vlad's health because he'll lifesteal the damage back, usually from you if you are in range. Attacking him will divert your attacks away from the creep wave, meaning you get less gold than if you just focus on last hitting. Expect to get forced from the lane several times.

If you must harass him then you can do so very early game (around level 1 - 3). Wait for him to use drain then attack him. After that early game it becomes pointless because his drain will be on a very low cooldown. You can try to use volley to harass him from long range, but don't get too aggressive. Make sure you don't attack the creep wave with volley because that will push the creep wave away and allow him to grab health from you. In this situation you should focus on getting though the laining phase without dying and without losing too much gold or xp.

I main Vlad.
I always kill ashe.
Always.
Ashe gets me so pissed it's not even funny.

USnip

11-28-2010

Quote:
miroloveslongbla:
Whenever I take solo I am treated with extreme aggressive play. I will go mid and the opposing champ will go out of their way to hit me whenever possible, they never focus on last hitting due to the low summoner level and I can't focus on last hitting either. I usually succumb to this aggressive play and die from being stupid, and when I do play defensively against them I end up losing the race in HP. The other champ ends up with 75% while I am teleporting back with 25%.

I think I've discovered your problem

Whist

11-28-2010

Well it depends on champions...

but a lot of time aggression scares players, and it takes them a little bit until they realize they can completely own you.

Since you're constantly threatening their hp, they constantly back away from you.

However, many times I've found that after a few levels, I can completely dominate them.

The main threat of aggression is that it's a scare tactic...but that's also the main problem...you never know when your opponent is going to stand and fight you and completely dominate you. Turning the aggression in the lane around and making it so you have to tower hug since they can so easily destroy you and now they know it.

ZenithZephyr

11-28-2010

Ashe has one of the weakest early games of any carry. All you can really do is farm and stay away from someone like Vlad. At very low levels, you can also try standing right in the middle of your creeps. If he attacks you, the minions will jump him. At levels 1-3 they do considerable damage. I mained Ashe mid with over 200 wins, but I put her away long ago and haven't played her since Vlad came out. Hope that little bit of advice helps.

Smellis

11-28-2010

Quote:
miroloveslongbla:

Hang back, last hit ONLY. Depending on your champion you may have the same capacity to harass him as much as hes harassing you, ex : vlad vs anivia.

The big mistake i think you're making is letting yourself get harassed/poked without returning any damage. This is probably the hardest thing players seem to have trouble learning. You cannot let people get away with it. Just assume that you're gonna take the hit and plan to get as much damage on the enemy as humanly possible before you also back off. Eventually someone will come out on top depending on who scares who off first or who is doing the most damage per encounter.

If all else fails. Gank, call for one. An over extended champion at mid is just BEGGING to become lunch for side laner. Even if you don't score a kill it at least puts it into his mind "hey he actually called for a gank i better ward and play it safe for awhile".

Other than that, try out new champs and see if theres something you really like about a certain champ.