Why some champions are not fun to play against.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thistlemin

11-28-2010

Funniest post I've read in a long time. Good work, and I agree.

Old Shaco, Old Twitch, Sona, Vladimir. That's my list.

I have been calling out champs that need nerfs for a long, long time now since I began playing almost a year ago. I can't recall a time where I didn't eventually see nerfs for the champs I call out eventually. Sometimes it takes months for Riot to catch up. I remember calling out Ezreal in the forums WAY before most had caught on to how broke that champ was.

Btw, you can actually bully a Vladimir in a solo lane fight to start the game in harassment. He deals low damage to start the game and can't keep up with a good Ranged AD champ early on if you focus on AA'ing him. You can cut him off and zone him out of lane exp. But I agree, Vladimir's Q-spam is broken as is his Pool which needs to be on the short list of skills to be looked at because they do too much.

I spoke with a Riot staff member and they said the slow on his pool ability was part of the main kit glue for Vladimir and wouldn't be removed most likely. Personally I feel like Mr. Sparkles should self silence himself once he comes out of his pool because its almost impossible to hit him first after. You'll get tagged with a Ryail's proccing Q as soon as he reappears because you can't target him faster than he's been targeting you the whole time. It's bad enough that he dodges so much damage, slows, life-leeches, ducks tower shots, AOE, free movement, but he also gets first attack with his Q.

That Q-shot is the kicker of the combo that makes it leave a bad taste in your mouth.

Sona was pure bs frankly. Riot dropped the ball big time with her release. How releasing a support champ with clearly one of, if not, the best lane harrassment ability in the game, better than all carries outside of maybe MF. That one got me to quit playing 5's ranked and was close to giving up this game.

Riot is a strange bird when it comes to making champs. Often times they reintroduce abilities or playstyles that they have previously nerfed, but even stronger then ever before in the new champions, like Sona's heal spam, aura's, and MF's passive movement speed buff. When they previously nerfed the healing of AD Nidalee, Taric, Soraka, etc., nerfed Nid's Passive bush buff Movement Speed, nerfed Starks & Aegis.

ShadyStories

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-28-2010

Ok, this is another QQ thread about Vlad and it has upvotes rofl.
Well, I understand your hatred for Vlad cuz I main him and I rape just about everyone I face in a lane.
(Have never faced Anivia)
My most hated champ to lane against is Ashe.
She pisses me off more than anything and as soon as I reach level 9, I make sure to kill her.
Multiple times.
From multiple directions.
With multiple skills.
Then, it's G_G

CannotDeny

11-28-2010

Are we done with the Vlad QQ? This is about as bad as before he was nerfed. Cope with him, as you have said. Adjust your play style. You must be getting terribly unlucky and fight good Vlads or some ****, because NONE I have fought against have done **** to me. And when i'm using Vlad fighting another, I know that the game will be 5v4 since i'll stomp all over him.
It's SERIOUSLY not hard. Did Elementz put him at the top of the tier list or something to spark all this whining?

Explorer Tim

11-28-2010

I hate vlads, but the only time I really end up with problems is if:
1) Theyre really good
2) They got fed lots

Raptamei

11-28-2010

You can easily crush Vlad before he grows strong. He's a kitten before level 9 and in particular level 7. You just need to outdps his heal, which isn't hard because it's on a long timer and barely even heals at low levels.

You need to commit to an attack - he won't be able to hurt you back nearly as much and will be forced to pool, damaging himself. Eventually he'll be low on life and will be forced to either b (unlikely) or simply hang back and turtle while slowly stealing his life back. You want him to remain in this state because it leaves him unable to last hit your caster creeps.

At level 9 you just have to weather the storm, but getting him low as mentioned above in preparation for level 9 helps. He can't do much to you when he's at 200 hp himself and while he'll quickly q up again, it buys you time. Call for a gank if you have to. It won't be long until teamfights start and his damage potential becomes ignorable.

That's how I deal with Vlad; when I am Vlad I often see farm-centric carries that have little harrassment potential and generally leave me alone until I'm level 9. If they put someone like Ryze or Annie against me I'm generally screwed: after trading blows a few times (and them winning) I'm forced to turtle.

Whist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-28-2010

Zil...

nobody wants to lane against zil.

And the fun of him comes from the fact that you know you're pissing the enemy team off...not because he's actually fun in any way....

Once you're done pissing people off in lanes, then you ult people the enemy team has been working forever to kill to piss them off yet again...his whole character is made to make people rage.

Smellis

11-28-2010

I dont mind laning against zil when im anivia. Cause i know my R -> E combo that costs next to nothing at lvl 6 is gonna **** all over his bomb damage. Then I have the option to stun him or wall him for even more damage.