Executioner's calling

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

orakio

12-15-2009

Let me start by saying i am an avid Taric player, so to some this may seem a bit biased but i will give more than valid reasoning.

Simply put, executioner's calling in its current incarnation is far too strong for the cost. This isn't to say that the item itself is completely overpowered as it is fairly weak against non healers or lifesteal/regen heavy heroes.

The problem though lies in how low of a cost it takes to combine this item. Look at the material components, 8% crit gloves for 400g, 12% lifesteal for 450 gold, and then executioners calling for just 500g more. For 500g you are getting 7% crit, 6% lifesteal, and a 65% healing reduction for 12 seconds.

My proposal is simple, either increase the cost to combine into executioner's calling by a fairly hefty amount due to the strength of the healing reduction and its duration, or reduce to debuff to 45% for 8 seconds. This still provides a substantial debuff well worth the cost, but isn't ridiculously powerful counter to certain heroes for only 500g(1350g total).

Logo

12-15-2009

Some thoughts by me...

1- Item could use an internal cooldown if possible. As far as I can tell right now there's nothing to keep you from hitting a few champions once (easy if you are ranged + fast attack speed) to get the debuff on multiple targets). It could be longer than duration so you can only keep the debuff up 75% of the time or something.

2- Item could use an active ability that makes your next hit apply the debuff (again with a short-ish but not 0 cooldown). If the internal cooldown was about the duration of 1 fight then you introduce a new layer to using this item. Do you blow it now or wait? If you use it now and they heal early they get a heal off. If you use it now they may heal later and get it off. If they use it and kill the champion then they can't use it again and you're free to heal their next target. You have to accurately read the situation and judge when to use the item. The downside, in addition to the general nerf, is it now has an execution cost where you have to hit the button to apply it.

wildfire393

12-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by orakio View Post
Let me start by saying i am an avid Taric player, so to some this may seem a bit biased but i will give more than valid reasoning.

Simply put, executioner's calling in its current incarnation is far too strong for the cost. This isn't to say that the item itself is completely overpowered as it is fairly weak against non healers or lifesteal/regen heavy heroes.

The problem though lies in how low of a cost it takes to combine this item. Look at the material components, 8% crit gloves for 400g, 12% lifesteal for 450 gold, and then executioners calling for just 500g more. For 500g you are getting 7% crit, 6% lifesteal, and a 65% healing reduction for 12 seconds.

My proposal is simple, either increase the cost to combine into executioner's calling by a fairly hefty amount due to the strength of the healing reduction and its duration, or reduce to debuff to 45% for 8 seconds. This still provides a substantial debuff well worth the cost, but isn't ridiculously powerful counter to certain heroes for only 500g(1350g total).
You also don't mention the DoT. While it's only a small amount of damage per second, if you're applying it to multiple champions you get quite the overall DPS boost out of it.

I8C SRS FACE

12-16-2009

I believe they should remove the damage over time component as it's absolutely brutal.

I personally hate the item because it's extremely cheap to buy, and is a complete counter against a whole bunch of heroes:

Alistar (not really "complete" like the rest of them as his heal is probably the least dangerous part of him, but it's still a significant ability for anyone building support)
Fiddlesticks (his lifedrain was what made him a bad idea to try to hunt down 1v1 as he could usually tank your damage)
Soraka (Turns her heal into garbage, and shuts down her ultimate.)
Taric (Turns his heal to poop, and shuts down his ultimate.)
Dr. Mundo (Destroys his passive ability and shuts down his ultimate.)
Tryndamere (seriously, the DoT makes him die once his ult ends, and it shuts down his healing from Bloodlust)
Warwick (yes, it reduces effects of healing done through lifesteal)

It also hurts Nasus a ton (shuts down his passive), hurts Kayle a bit (not that her heal was all that effective to begin with), and destroys the already limited viability of a summoner spell (Heal, which is already pretty bad late-game, is shattered).

That's 7 champions it's basically a hard counter for, 2 more it significantly impacts, and a summoner spell, countered in a single, cheap item that any DPS person will want. The only other item I can think of in the game that has as broad a range of impact as the Executioner's Calling does is the Banshee's Veil, which has a fairly "steep" item cost to compensate for how good it is.

Vaaz

12-16-2009

All the other % counters are 40%, which seems fair. Why is healing an absurd 65%. Leave it at 12 seconds, keeping the dot, and decreasing the % to 40%

Lovely Dolphin

12-16-2009

agreed the debuff shud be nerfed instead.

instead of giving a straight 65%. I think it could be nerfed to like 40% then stacking 10% per hit until 60% would be ok

OctopusDropkick

12-16-2009

I agree that the healing debuff is too high. You don't see that kind of debuffing anywhere in the game -- it's usually at 40%.

My suggestion is that they reduce it back to 40%, but change the passive. Get rid of the DoT and add something that helps to fill out it's role.

The problem with group healing is that the team has to be sure to focus on a single target at a time to make sure they get kills. The damage over time on E. Calling needs to be changed to something that aids in calling primary targets. Give E. Calling the Malady ability, which makes focus fire way more effective. Give the DoT to Malady.

I8C SRS FACE

12-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely Dolphin View Post
agreed the debuff shud be nerfed instead.

instead of giving a straight 65%. I think it could be nerfed to like 40% then stacking 10% per hit until 60% would be ok
Oh. Oh my. That's actually perfect. +100.

I love this idea.