Phage and Frost Hammer should be nerfed!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Felipethegreat

12-15-2009

Phage and Frost Hammer are too powerful/good in my opinion. 40% to slow for 3 seconds is ridiculous! Does anyone else agree?

Hopefully these two items will be changed soon.

Let me know if you agree or disagree with me.

Logo

12-15-2009

I disagree. With the way it is now these items are a waste of gold if your team already has good disables and slows. Likewise many carries don't need them because they already have slows. What Phage/FM does is allow for team members who don't have a slow/disable have some leeway in being able to actually hit targets and keep them around. It also provides a way to compensate for a team shortage at the cost of doing more raw DPS.

Ereinion

12-16-2009

Did you know that Ashe's slow and frost hammer stack? I think the end result is something like 70 - 85% slow for 3 seconds... and it's renewed every hit?

I believe that these items need a "cooldown" on the slow (i.e. once every 30 seconds like banshees)

BM Aphotix

12-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felipethegreat View Post
Phage and Frost Hammer are too powerful/good in my opinion. 40% to slow for 3 seconds is ridiculous! Does anyone else agree?

Hopefully these two items will be changed soon.

Let me know if you agree or disagree with me.

The mallet is already overpriced, it is just nowhere near as game changing as other items that carrys can buy. Between life steal, crit, attack speed, and higher + damage items, there is simply a limited amount of room for these items as is.

I think the best possible change would be to remove the + damage entirely, tone the HP down to 400 or so, make the snare 25% and make it either a stand alone item or a small recipe. I feel it is just too out of place in its current form.

Lilitu

12-16-2009

This had to be a joke. They giver terrible damage and the only time they come in to use is when you are chasing somebody. If they wasted their money on 20 damage and 500 life instead of running just turn around and kill them.

Dagna

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilitu View Post
This had to be a joke. They giver terrible damage and the only time they come in to use is when you are chasing somebody. If they wasted their money on 20 damage and 500 life instead of running just turn around and kill them.
Actually they have 2 uses: Chasing and Escaping. For melee its only a 3 second slow but this might be enough. For ranged this thing is nearly too perfect.

Lets not forget that 500 HP and a 40% slow mid game, is game changing. It allows you to survive longer and assist on ganks. One ranged having this item (like Trist) helps the whole team in ganks.

That being said, Riot really needs to only allow the most powerful slow to be in effect. Stacking slows gets stupid past a certain point.

Vaaz

12-17-2009

Temmo + Mallet = No escape

Felipethegreat

12-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaaz View Post
Temmo + Mallet = No escape
point exactly haha

CaptainSoda

12-25-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaaz View Post
Yi + Mallet = No escape
It's alright, I fixed it for you.

SchroedingersCat

12-25-2009

Yi without mallet. No escape.