Olaf Design 101: Keeping axes in line

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OsamaBeenLaggin

07-10-2013

Please dont change the champion... Just give him a few stats and thats it i want to play the Olaf that i know.

Mr Hatsu

07-10-2013

this is great

Bump

EDIT: sorry for make a post 2 times, my net crashed

UATderpyderp

07-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cizjut View Post
About the axe not going trough walls:

The changes to Undertow look like ass. Sniping people with the axe is what makes Olaf delicious. Also abusing the minimum distance was incredibly fun and not so easy to do. I do not like what i'm reading.
You can still snipe them, The duration of the "stack" debuff shouldn't be that long. And abusing the minimum distance is something that is not coming back regardless of what happens : \ or at least that's what SmashGizmo made it seem like.

Wýde

07-10-2013

bump agreed

Zdravko TERA

07-11-2013

The changes to undertow are **** and I agree with this post.

Removing the minimum range and making it unable to pass through walls hinders his dueling potential and hinders his chase potential, all someone has to do is dash or flash behind terrain or through a wall and olaf can no longer pursue as he will be unable to land an axe for the slow. Lastly, you completely take the fun out of Olaf with these axe changes, the axe is the most satisfying part of Olaf and you removed two mechanics of his axe play.

UATderpyderp

07-15-2013

Bump. We don't want the fun aspects of Olaf to be changed. If you absolutely need to **** up Ragnarok like you're doing already, then at least leave the axes like they are right now.

UATderpyderp

07-15-2013

Ryze gets barely nerfed, and they compensate with some buffs. Meanwhile lowest winrate champion gets nailed with more nerfs than buffs. Okay Riot, way to go.

UATderpyderp

07-16-2013

LOL, W GETS SCALING REMOVED, SLIGHT LATE GAME BUFF, EARLY GAME NERF ON DAMAGE, AND LIFESTEAL/SPELLVAMP NERFED. Why even attempt to "rework" him like this? You're wasting your time, at this rate he's going to need to be reworked a week after his release. GG RIOT bumping every single olaf thread right now.

UATderpyderp

08-14-2013

Bump

C0CKAP000

08-16-2013

Q- Deals 70/105/140/175/210 (+.8 bonus AD) if thrown under 350 range. Deals 80/135/190/245/300 (+1 bonus AD) damage if thrown above 350 range. Think about Darius, if it isn't thrown long enough, you get hit with the shaft, not the axe. No minimum range on throw, no decaying slow, no getting stuck in walls. Mana cost decreased to 50/55/60/65/70.

W- CD changed from 16 flat to 16/15/14/13/12. AD bonus changed to 10/14/18/22/26 (+1.5% max HP). Spellvamp removed, lifesteal kept the same, 5/10/15/20/25 armor penetration granted while active. Gives +86 AD at 4k HP, current iteration gives +75. Not really a massive buff, just rewards health stacking more.

E- Now deals 70/100/130/160/190 base damage +5% of Olaf's Max HP as True damage (Max of 225). Health cost changed to 5% of Olaf's current HP. I've run the numbers, and this change doesn't actually change the damage all that much, however when it does, it makes it less absuive in lane and scale a little better into late game, as I always felt it should when ADC's start to pick up warmogs and so on. I also think the mechanic of his current HP cost enforces his "Berserker" theme, it will cost more at high HP, but very little at low HP, making him more dangerous the lower he gets. Here's a sample math crunch:

Level 2- 700 HP, E does 70+(35). Normal E would do 100 damage and cost 40, so almost identical.
Level 4- 2nd point in E, 910 HP, deals 100+(46). Normal E would do 14 damage more, but also cost more at all times.
Level 7- 4th point in E, you have based and gotten a giants belt. 1630 HP, E does 160+(82) damage. Still slightly lower than his current E, but HP cost would also be lower.
Level 16- E is maxed, you have a Wamogs and Randuins, or 3700 HP. E does 190+(185). You are now doing more damage than his live E, but the HP cost is also higher. This adds more gameplay into, wait to soak up a little damage then spam his E since its HP cost has dramatically decreased. It would take 4500 HP to hit his max, a spot where I think most Olaf's may or may not approach, but shouldn't exceed. At that point, each E is doing 75 more true damage than his current E, so even still, not blatantly OP.

R- Grants 15/20/25 armor and MR. These resistances are doubled during his ultimate to 30/40/50 armor and MR. Grants immunity to CC for 6 seconds. Once activated, Olaf gains a 20/30/40% speed boost that decays over the duration. Even Vikings get tired.