New Master Yi Overview [As of Today PBE] + Pics

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Farranor

07-10-2013

His Q seems to be a bit mana-intensive to be casting it every few seconds. Is that CD-reducing mechanic geared toward a jungle Yi with blue buff?

Mastamune

07-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Glad you're positive on Yi! Relaunch did a ****ing amazing job with it I must say, especially RiotDudeBro's work on particles. I gotta hand it to the guy!

Thanks a ton for the feedback and the well constructed post. It's really appreciated! Make sure you submit this stuff on the PBE forums. I'll also see if I can take some of it back to the team and check things out.

I used to clown Assassin Master Yi, and call it the worst skin in the game...

It's now my favorite yi skin...the only way it could get cooler was if the Alpha strike particles were black instead of gold.

Oragagashi

07-10-2013

Just glancing at tthe number, the numbers on meditate are really low.
What incentive does yi really have to take it early?
Is 25 hp worth however much mana it costs?

Aavak

07-10-2013

Woot. I can still post on NA server.

Nureru

07-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by StriderBlackwolf View Post
How are they building him in PBE
Wiggle's lantern, move really fast boots, and four double swords

Zargodia

07-10-2013

for those who want to know one of his taunts is a reference to the pro as heck guide the quote is

"I will take an eye! *chuckling* as if i didn't have enough already."

or something like that

Lvl 8 Psyduck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-10-2013

Quote:
I sent it into Player Support directly.

My bad
Your skills are inferior

XNinjaFuHiya

07-11-2013

Quote:
Glad you're positive on Yi! Relaunch did a ****ing amazing job with it I must say, especially RiotDudeBro's work on particles. I gotta hand it to the guy!

Thanks a ton for the feedback and the well constructed post. It's really appreciated! Make sure you submit this stuff on the PBE forums. I'll also see if I can take some of it back to the team and check things out.
First time Parrot has ever replied to one of my threads!
Thanks for replying! I look forward to when he's officially live! For now I stare into the client awaiting Spirit Guard Udyr...

Oh and btw, keep up the good work

Fe1998

07-11-2013

Motherrfukking hell RIP AP YI

OMFG highlanders speed got nerfed now I can't do speed yi ;(

And I hope his base movement speed stays the same

DEagleEye

07-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by XNinjaFuHiya View Post
Anyone have any opinions?
My opinion, would be plain and clear, its changed Yi, quite drastically. Probably for the better though.

One of the MAJOR MAJOR mistakes people used to make on AD Yi, is build AD early.
You just, max Wuju style for bonus 70 ad, and build a static shiv and a PD, skip the boots, before u even think about building any real ad (you do want to get a vamp sceptar).

Now, hes quite different.

Wuju style now encourages you to build tonnes and tonnes of AD so you get the most out of it. While you get 80% attack speed from max rank Highlander. That's insane.

Obviously, the emphasis has heavily swapped around.

You STILL want to build a lot of crit on him. BUT, it is now more important to build AD than AS (even though the majority of crit comes from attack speed items)

On a whole, I think it is a healthy improvement for the game. It sure isnt fun when a static, PD yi hits like a truck cause he has 200 total ad just from wuju style and some runes.
Then again, it does ruin the feel of yi.

Is it really possible to go 2 pd's static shiv anymore, and thus skip boots? And still leave enough room to enjoy the steroid that his ult is? Is it even worth doing this considering he now really needs ad?

Ive yet to test this, because PBE is being mean and giving me 20+ min que times, but I from what I have played of the new Yi, im a little disappointed.