New Master Yi Overview [As of Today PBE] + Pics

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XNinjaFuHiya

07-10-2013

I just wanted to let those Rioters who worked Yi know that they did a great job! His highlander looks nice, his visual looks fantastic, & his effects are awesome - most of them. I have a couple of peeves which regards to the new Yi, but before I get to that I'll show you all some of the screenshots I took as well as Yi's changed abilities and ratios!

Quote:
New Yi Abilities:

Double Strike - Master Yi strikes twice on every fourth consecutive basic attack, with the second strike dealing reduced damage (50%). If Master Yi leaves combat, the counter on Double Strike resets.

Alpha Strike - Master Yi leaps to strike up to 4 enemies, dealing 10/45/80/115/150 (+1.1*AD) physical damage to each and an additional 75/100/125/150/175 damage to minions and monsters.

Alpha Strike can critically strike,dealing an additional 1.1*AD physical damage. Basic attacks lower the cooldown of Alpha Strike by 1second.
Cost: 80/90/100/110/120 Mana
Cooldown: 18/17/16/15/14 Seconds

Meditate - Master Yi channels, restoring 20/45/70/95/120(+0.3*AP) Health per second for 4 seconds.This healing is increased by 1% for every 1% of Master Yi's missing health.

While channeling, Master Yi reduces incoming damage by 40/45/50/55/60 %. This damage reduction is halved against turrets.
Cost: 50/65/80/95/110 Mana
Cooldown: 35/35/35/35/35 Seconds

Wuju Style - Passive: Grants 10/12.5/15/17.5/20 % of bonus Attack Damage.

Active: Basic attacks deal bonus true damage for 5 seconds.Afterwards the passive bonus is lost while Wuju Style is on cooldown
Cooldown:18/17/16/15/14 Seconds

High Lander - Passive: Champion kills reduce Master Yi's basic ability cooldowns by 18 seconds.Assist reduce half the amount.

Active: Increases Movement Speed by 25/35/45 %, Attack Speed by 20/40/80 %, and grants immunity to movement reduction effects for 10 seconds. While active, champion kills and assists extend the duration of Highlander by 4 seconds.
Cost:100/100/100 Mana
Cooldown: 75/75/75 Seconds
[Note: I was trying to get a couple good screens so my Yi was not pub stomping these bots as hard haha, and I did not build dunk master x( ]

Also, I forgot to capture his double strike, but it's pretty awesome
Extra Note: My pics are inconsistent because I looked for the best screen shots - so don't be surprised with the level changes lol

His Alpha Strike (was hard to get so I got one good screenshot) :
Name:  Alpha 1.jpg
Views: 2295
Size:  139.1 KB
__________________________________________________ __________________

His Meditate:
Name:  Meditate 1.jpg
Views: 2398
Size:  125.9 KB

Wuju Style (Passive/Active):
Name:  Wuju Passive 2.jpg
Views: 2239
Size:  159.0 KB---Name:  Wuju Activation 1.jpg
Views: 2223
Size:  160.7 KB

Highlander Active:
Name:  Highlander 3.jpg
Views: 2113
Size:  128.3 KB

Critical Strike:
Name:  Master Yi Crit.jpg
Views: 2382
Size:  141.1 KB

How his kit feels now:
It feels fantastic! Everything you like about AD Yi and AP Yi are blended together really well.

The only things an AP Yi player would feel different about in this new Yi is:
*Having to build AD and Crit items
*New sustained damage along with familiar burst
*Most likely will not max meditate till the end (prob will be lots of experimenting first)
*Meditate will not refresh on first kill (depending on how much CD you have)
*Substantially weaker Meditate
*No more magic damage Alpha

What an AD Yi player would feel different about in this new Yi:
*Using Alpha Strike more often during duels & battles
*Trying to stop your finger from activating Wuju Style while attacking turrets (lol)
*Trying to stop your finger from activating Wuju Style again after a kill (doesn't stack)
*Smarter use of Double Strike, it disappears when inactive (cannot save)
*Smarter use of Highlander as well, it does not refresh

Now overall I'm very satisfied with the Yi rework, I do feel that the only peeves I have about this new Yi are just the aesthetics/effects.

Peeves:
1. He has 3 taunts now,I cannot tell the enemy team their skills are inferior enough. The other taunts keep getting in the way!!

2. Wuju style cannot be stacked, only refreshed (perhaps for the best, stacking true damage through kill refreshes is op, even if temporary)

3. Highlander's visual trail does not look & feel impactful enough, the old highlander made me want to gtfo when I saw it, or go ham when I activate it. It looks tiny now!

4. Master Yi's original critical jump uppercut is gone :'( it felt incredibly BA when you were able to crit with the old Yi.

5. There is no magical/mystical trail emanating from Master Yi's sword, and those pics I took of his Wuju style was while he was in motion

To summarize it up again: Yi feels like he will be a very strong melee adc (better than before) and will attempt to blow up your squishies like the dunking assassin he is. He encourages lots of peeling and is a great pick against teams with soft CC, and is now able to tolerate the teams with more hard cc better. His Alpha strike is a huge threat late game as it combines a burst of AD damage following up with his sustained DPS.

BONUS: Me Dunking some bots~ ;p
Name:  Still Dunking Bots.jpg
Views: 2558
Size:  136.7 KB

EDIT: Fixed a lot of the post to look better, included his abilities stats and ratios. What do you think about this new Yi community? I feel if Yi gets a pentakill he should say something that relates to his dunkmaster-ness!

Zepyhre

07-10-2013

Good post, +1

Quote:
Originally Posted by XNinjaFuHiya View Post
1. He has 3 taunts now,I cannot tell the enemy team their skills are inferior enough.
I'm only ok with this if one is "Get dunked"...

PikachuRPG

07-10-2013

nice

CragBlade

07-10-2013

I feel like his ult should get the 18 second reduction for kills, since it would take 4 straight up kills to reduce it to 0.

I feel his E should be stackable as well.

PikachuRPG

07-10-2013

The question is how his crit works?

I know Blitz's E works as regular crit (+100 AD)

CragBlade

07-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PikachuRPG View Post

His Q has set crit damage.

XNinjaFuHiya

07-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PikachuRPG View Post

Hm I believe it works like normal, however, I'm wondering if there was an interaction between the crit masteries and Infinity Edge. I forgot to note if it works with it - and it probably does.

XNinjaFuHiya

07-10-2013

Bump for those without PBE to test and see my opinions and other stuff :]

XNinjaFuHiya

07-10-2013

Anyone have any opinions?

The McSmashy

07-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalGiant View Post
His Q has set crit damage.
He crits for the 1.1 AD ratio again, the base damage doesn't crit,