[Campion Guide] Gangplank !

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Digitalneo

12-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarPe View Post
guys, i played gangplank in like 60 games until now.
and all of my enemys (no matter the level) who went on 2x avarice just died against me.

the fact is. JES we NEED crit, BUT time works against us, if you get as much damage as possible very early (infinity edge) you will twohit your enemys with parrley, cause of their low hp.

avarice SUX, and all enemy gangplanks who did that, died like the rest.
just ry it out and you wont play anything else anymore

@ all posters until now:

we have like 7 completely different builds in this thread now, and everyone tells me that his is the best.
there are no arguments that tell me that i did a major mistake in my build, cause i know that i NEVER EVER have seen a good gangplank with an avarice build.

For sure man, avarice blade is just no go for pirate. Completely agree

uptown

12-16-2009

I'm still working to master the pirate but I've played over 200 games with him. Tried many different types of builds and going to 2x avarance with phil is a very steady and safe route. From my experience, the items you get depends on your playing style, agressiveness and how fast you want to start ganking and ofcourse how soon your team starts grouping. All in all though, the 2x avarance gives a mixture of both. Gives you gold while you team is roaming around and the crit chance that gank needs.

After purchasing your 2x avars, you'll be able to purcahse the cloak in no time. Giving you close to 50% already (24% + 18% = 42% + what ever else you have as a passive). Once you build up to the your infinity you for sure at 50% and can do so much.

Up to the infinity, is a pretty much an obvious choice. This sword is a must for GP. DMG, plus crit chance. No other items like it but the Impaler which kind of sucks but works in certain situations. But it's after the infinity that things get tricky. Do you go for the frost? More dmg or more crit chance?

I think in the previous posts, everyone has brougth up valid points on how to go about using gang plank. No body is wrong. It depends on you and what you like. I think the best case example was by "Blurry Cloud, if my team has enough disables, then zeal, and trinity
if my team has not enough disables, then frozen mallet
then more damage from black cleaver or bloodthirster"

Although i don't agree with the trinity, i'd go for the PhantonD. it is situational to your team and your enemy.

uptown

12-16-2009

I also want to add that, IMO, although I have not tried a full crit chance rune page, crit damage is the way to go. Crit chance items are easy to come by and cheaper than damage items. In no time, even starting at level 6 with 2x avarnces, you beat the crit chance players in DPS. With the ininfity you are doing 300% crit or more. I have 48% in runes and +10% from masteries. Just with the Inf, i've hit for about a 1000 crit.

ScarPe

Master Recruiter

12-18-2009

reworked version can be found here!
http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/gu...#39;s+a+Pirate

again i want to add: this is not a mcommon gangplank guide ist a special build

so just leave me alone with: "LOLOLOLOL AVIRACE NEED LOLOLOL" kkz?

ScarPe

Master Recruiter

12-21-2009

bump, plz comment it
need critiques

evilgoodguy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2009

Quote:
In a game, its much better to have 1 phat crit, who nearly onehittes an enemy, than having 99% crit and only descent parley crits.
so avarice builds are much weaker than everything else.
With a good avarice build you don't keep 4 avarice's. You buy them early for the +crit then sell them as you get items such as infinity edge. But, avarice's aside...

If you're going to get a trinity force I'd want to get it much sooner. I guess rushing the Infinity Edge works but I'd pick up Zeal after the BF. You're not going to have enough crit with just Infinity Edge for it to be worth it yet. And if not the zeal then just the crit gloves. And definitely get the trinity force before the Bloodthirster and the Black Cleaver.

Black Cleaver is a decent addition but I wouldn't get a Bloodthirster until you have to sell your chalice to have a slot for it. A phantom dance I think would go much better in it's slot. That puts you at 52% crit and then with runes you should be at about 65% which is ideal. The reason I dont like bloodthirster is because it's life steal. You pay a lot for the lifesteal bonus and if you get focused you wont be using it, you'll still die. As a dps hero, especially one like gangplank you have to focus on dmg. Doing too many things like lifesteal and warmogs will make you survive better, but you wont be a threat compared to a full dmg gangplank. The phantom dancer gives you survivability and damage.

Not stacking 100%crit if the best way to go yes, but getting an Infinity Edge with 32% crit from items is a waste of money. You're better off with +dmg at that point I'd say.

Another item to use that's very game per game dependant is Sword of the Occult. If you're team is dominating early, and you're doing well, grab one! I made it to 20 stacks once in a premade and was able to chase down teemo with his move speed buff on. Parrley w/frozen mallet and he was toast from there. That +crit dmg is wonderful if you get the chance to stack it and survive.

ScarPe

Master Recruiter

12-21-2009

well i dont use crit chance runes, i use crit dmg and amor reduce, and with the fast infinity its like 32% cirt, + trinity its 45% thats ebough, or we will lack damage, sword of the occult and phantom dancer are mentioned too!

again, this is NOT a normal gangplank build, its a fast burst build...
it just takes out enemy carry soooo ****ing fast you couldnt trust your eyes...

in addition... its not theory, i play it every time and i have never seen a gangplank with as many kills as me...

the clue is: having huge crits as long as our enemys have low hp.

Krath4

12-21-2009

I'm no Gangplank expert, but TC, why would you upgrade Sheen into Trinity Force? I thought people like Sheen on Gangplank because the mechanics on Sheen made Parrley do double damage or something.

evilgoodguy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2009

Triforce has the same dmg buff.

My bad ScarPe I completely missed the other items section. Not used to that format so I didn't think the items continued on. :\

ScarPe

Master Recruiter

12-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krath4 View Post
I'm no Gangplank expert, but TC, why would you upgrade Sheen into Trinity Force? I thought people like Sheen on Gangplank because the mechanics on Sheen made Parrley do double damage or something.

sheen = 100% extra dmg on parley
trinity = 150% extra dmg on parley