[Campion Guide] Gangplank !

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ScarPe

Master Recruiter

12-15-2009

guide can be found at
http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/gu...#39;s+a+Pirate
now!

hf reading it

wildfire393

12-15-2009

I gotta say, you're doing Remove Scurvy wrong. Remove Scurvy is not a Heal, it is a Cleanse. You benefit MUCH more from getting Raise Morale after one point in Scurvy (increased movespeed lets you gank all over the map, increased attack speed lets you cut down towers like they are butter, and you can apply both of these to allies and double them on yourself for an excellent boost in team battles, plus it can be used to deny), and you should NOT be firing Remove Scurvy at every opportunity. It has a fairly significant cooldown, meaning when you really need it (amumu pops out and Bandage-> ults you, for example), you want to be sure it is up to get away.

evilgoodguy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarPe View Post
Cons
*Not easy to master lasthitting with parley
I would disagree with this. Parrley does a ton of damage. By level 2-3 it's really hard not to kill with it.

Other notes:

*I wouldn't recomend Cleanse. You already have remove scurvy, flash would be a much greater addition. Then you can use it for offensive and defensive purposes.
Clairvoyance is also very strong with him, helps you get your ult off on runners.

*Try getting a philosopher's stone instead of the chalice. You'll be a bit shorter on mana but it wont be a problem if you regulate and shoot well.
The additional benifit is you then only need 1 rank of remove scurvy. Because as a heal even maxed out it's bad. This allows you to take a rank of Raise Moral early on. Use Raise Moral everytime your tank creep shows up to deny the other team of xp and gold.

*I've tried magic penetration, but it's just not very good. Look at your end game stats, even though I spam parrley it's only about 25% of my damage. The rest comes from mostly auto-attacks. Boots with +atk speed or +magic res would do better unless your dmg stats are that much different from mine.

*Due to auto-attack being so strong late game with all the +crit/dmg phantom dancer makes for a wonderful final item. Survivability and big damage increase.

*Don't forget the ult has a slow, so you can use it to save a team mate that's being chased across the map.

smokeD

12-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilgoodguy View Post
I would disagree with this. Parrley does a ton of damage. By level 2-3 it's really hard not to kill with it.

Other notes:

*I wouldn't recomend Cleanse. You already have remove scurvy, flash would be a much greater addition. Then you can use it for offensive and defensive purposes.
Clairvoyance is also very strong with him, helps you get your ult off on runners.

*Try getting a philosopher's stone instead of the chalice. You'll be a bit shorter on mana but it wont be a problem if you regulate and shoot well.
The additional benifit is you then only need 1 rank of remove scurvy. Because as a heal even maxed out it's bad. This allows you to take a rank of Raise Moral early on. Use Raise Moral everytime your tank creep shows up to deny the other team of xp and gold.

*I've tried magic penetration, but it's just not very good. Look at your end game stats, even though I spam parrley it's only about 25% of my damage. The rest comes from mostly auto-attacks. Boots with +atk speed or +magic res would do better unless your dmg stats are that much different from mine.

*Due to auto-attack being so strong late game with all the +crit/dmg phantom dancer makes for a wonderful final item. Survivability and big damage increase.

*Don't forget the ult has a slow, so you can use it to save a team mate that's being chased across the map.
Ummm Parley should be like 50% of your damage output, parley should be doing 900 crit by late game, if not your doing your runes/quintessences wrong. Also the person who made this build didn't build any crit so i don't understand how that is going to be any good.

Peebs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-15-2009

crit dmg runes are ****, everyone knows crit chance is the way to go especially since with your build you are going to have like a 10% crit chance. Magic penetration is actually amazing because 1 it helps parrley and 2 it makes ur ult more reliable. I actually barely autoatk ever unless taking down a tower. Even in team fights I will throw down an ult and raise morale and then parrley from the back rows and then chase if necessary. My summoner spells are exhaust because of the better magic pen plus it helps ur ult be more reliable and then I use ghost instead of flash because flash got nerfed and every good pirate knows scurvy is not a heal it is a cleanse use it wisely.

Ivandir

12-15-2009

Decent Gankplank build but very noobish.

The best Gankplank builds require 45% crit damage and 9% cool down reduction in runes. Usualy these are two of the hardest stats to achieve with in game items that is why they are a must with runes.

Once you have the above runes then all you need to do is buy the 8% crit gloves 1 mana potion and 1 health potion and you are set for ganking with parrley. Contantly keep stacking crits and movement speed (100% is achievable). Also remember you have a cleanse every 20 seconds so don't be afraid to chase.

Get Clairvoiance for baron, dragon, (red/blue) rune ganks and to help your team. Also make sure you get Ghost as it will help you achieve 600 movement speed when using Boots of Mobility.

Now go headshot that little ******* Teemo....

Peebs

Recruiter

12-15-2009

I dont get why everyone loves the 9% cool down runes when I can buy a nice cheap item that gives me 10.

Zoobi

12-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peebs View Post
Magic penetration is actually amazing because 1 it helps parrley and 2 it makes ur ult more reliable.
First off, crit damage runes are the best for any crit based carry. Second, magic penetration in no way makes your ult more "reliable". Magic penetration simply increases your magic damage vs other champions with your abilities.

Peebs

Recruiter

12-15-2009

crit damage runes are a joke on the pirate, crit chance are the best but if you want to spend double the IP on crit damage runes go for it. Too bad your 5% crit chance at low levels is going to make your crit dmg runes a joke while i go around criting everything in sight with my 25% chance and my magic penetration from items. While you waste your gold on 2x avarice blades of course...

wildfire393

12-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peebs View Post
I dont get why everyone loves the 9% cool down runes when I can buy a nice cheap item that gives me 10.
Actually what you want is 6%. With 6% from runes and 9% from masteries, you can get to the cap of 40% with Golem.