Twitch Idea? (attack speed items + Crit dmg runes)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlueToe

12-15-2009

Hey guys, been playing for about a month now, got around 150 games under my belt. Just wondering if any one has tried this? Stacking crit damage runes and attack speed Items? Normally I got for vamp-->malady, then dagger--->boots, and then after that it just depends. But anyway thats not the point. I'm just curious as to whether or not this would be super effective, seing as since ur hittin a lot more, ur critting a lot more, and you got a bunch of crit dmg so its GG? Also heard stacking armor penetration runes, how exactly do those work? Is it just self explanatory like im thinking or is there more to it?

Quinnister

12-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueToe View Post
Hey guys, been playing for about a month now, got around 150 games under my belt. Just wondering if any one has tried this? Stacking crit damage runes and attack speed Items? Normally I got for vamp-->malady, then dagger--->boots, and then after that it just depends. But anyway thats not the point. I'm just curious as to whether or not this would be super effective, seing as since ur hittin a lot more, ur critting a lot more, and you got a bunch of crit dmg so its GG? Also heard stacking armor penetration runes, how exactly do those work? Is it just self explanatory like im thinking or is there more to it?
Attack speed does not necessarily mean more crit damage.

You'll land more hits but at the same rate of criting, meaning the same gain from criticals as before. You'll have a higher DPS, but not because of critical hits.

To maximize the effect of critical damage runes, you need crit chance.

wildfire393

12-15-2009

Twitch has a high base attack speed and can gain a huge chunk of it from both Ambush and Spray and Pray, meaning that he hits the cap fairly quickly. Generally, between Last Whisper/Madred's Bloodrazor/Phantom Dancer/Wit's End/Sword of the Divine (choose one based on whether you're facing high armor tanks, high HP tanks, physical DPS, casters, or Jax), Malady/Stark's, and Berserker's Greaves, he hits max speed while either Ambush or Spray are active (I believe). So anything further than Greaves + 2 items is a waste. It is much more effective to pick up items that grant high amounts of damage (Infinity Edge, Bloodthirster, and Black Cleaver, notably) rather than additional attack speed items.

Additionally, Crit Damage runes are less effective than Crit Chance runes unless you're regularly picking up 30% Crit Chance before your buy an Infinity Edge.

Armor Penetration Runes simply mean that you penetrate (aka Ignore) that many points of the defender's Armor. Generally very useful, they are highly recommended for any physical DPS champion, and will give you more DPS than Crit Chance/Crit Damage runes in 90% of all cases you'l run into.