Ok, about the Twisted Treeline...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cards and Dice

02-14-2013

So, you guys know about the changes to Twisted Treeline, right? About how it is now originally part of the Shadow Isles?

As we know, Maokai first appeared when he beat down 6 champs on the Twisted Treeline. Does this mean Maokai used to be a Shadow Isles inhabitant now? Or does Riot have to edit his lore...?

Cards and Dice

02-24-2013

Any opinions on this?

Haskill Sonnet

02-25-2013

I think this was mentioned in an AMA.

If I recall correctly; while Maokai does technically come from the shadow isles, he doesn't bear any loyalty to the place or its inhabitants. Possibly he sees the undead as just another perversion of nature, which he abhors like all others.

PsychoPowerJ

02-26-2013

There's probably just two Twisted Treelines. One is in Zaun which used to be an official arena until the Institute decided to relocate it to a new one in Shadow Isles. Maokai is from the Zaun one.

Vongeo

02-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoPowerJ View Post
There's probably just two Twisted Treelines. One is in Zaun which used to be an official arena until the Institute decided to relocate it to a new one in Shadow Isles. Maokai is from the Zaun one.
I don't know why they don't do this, It would make much more sense and wouldn't make a recon make Maokai have a crappy lore.

IS13fce38df38cf40117aee

02-28-2013

What about Nocturne he appeared initially in twisted treeline would that make him a shadow Isles champion aswell

Tolfor

03-02-2013

Major correction here - the current iteration of Twisted Treeline did not "used to be" part of the Shadow Isles. They didn't just pick up an entire island or something and relocate it. It is part of the Shadow Isles - like, that's where it's currently located according to canon.

No, the Institute of War having an entire Field of Justice set up in hostile and largely mysterious territory that is said to be "only a legend" does not make any goddamn sense, but that's the lore right now.

Cards and Dice

03-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolfor View Post
Major correction here - the current iteration of Twisted Treeline did not "used to be" part of the Shadow Isles. They didn't just pick up an entire island or something and relocate it. It is part of the Shadow Isles - like, that's where it's currently located according to canon.

No, the Institute of War having an entire Field of Justice set up in hostile and largely mysterious territory that is said to be "only a legend" does not make any goddamn sense, but that's the lore right now.
Sir, I'm afraid you have read it wrong. I asked if MAOKAI is now a tree who used to be a Shadow Isles inhabitant. I have not said anything about the Treeline having used to be anything.

Cerubois

03-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoPowerJ View Post
It would have been such a simple fix.

"The Twisted Treeline has been deemed unusable due to increasing magical instability of the region. With the new champions and information emerging from the Shadow Isles, the League has determined a new location in the region as a suitable replacement."

Two sentences that explain this huge, unprecedented change.

Tolfor

03-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cards and Dice View Post
Sir, I'm afraid you have read it wrong. I asked if MAOKAI is now a tree who used to be a Shadow Isles inhabitant. I have not said anything about the Treeline having used to be anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cards and Dice View Post
So, you guys know about the changes to Twisted Treeline, right? About how it is now originally part of the Shadow Isles?
Not so much me reading it wrong as you saying it wrong. :P